X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

robert royal

ok lol what the hell was that reach out all about does the guy truly have no brains

i think last year he fumbled a couple times in a ridiculous way. its happening again.

we need a better option next year i pray at TE
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Re: robert royal

Is Fine supposed to be ready after the bye? Royal does come up with some decent grabs but does make me scratch my head at times.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

With dire needs at C, DE, and LB, and maybe even WR, I wonder how we'll fit TE in there..

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Wouldn't that have been considered a dead play? Where was the challenge?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by yordad
          Wouldn't that have been considered a dead play? Where was the challenge?
          That's the biggest thing about that play...why DIDN'T we challenge it? Any other coach in the world would have. Royal's forward progress might have been stopped or the ground might have caused the fumble. You challenge that even if you aren't convinced yourself and think you might lose the challenge. I don't know what Jauron is waiting for. He has a history of NOT throwing the flag in these crucial situations.

That was the game right there. We might as well have thrown the white flag of surrender if we weren't going to throw the red flag of challenge.

What, did we want to save a time out? Why? I don't get it.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

His knee wasn't down. CBS showed DJ with the flag in his hand and then putting it in his pocket - somebody must have been watching the replay. Then CBS showed the replay - it was more than clear that his knee was not down. Even so, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. The official made the call and got it right. Royal fumbled while being twisted backward - I was surprised he even jumped right up and being twisted.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
              ok lol what the hell was that reach out all about does the guy truly have no brains

i think last year he fumbled a couple times in a ridiculous way. its happening again.

we need a better option next year i pray at TE
              No, because he wasn't down

Sorry, I meant to quote post #4 from yordad, not your post
              Last edited by LtFinFan66; 10-06-2008, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                No, because he wasn't down

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

That was a legit fumble but Royal will have these games every month or so where he catches 2 TD's and fools us.

The problem being we never know whether it's Jekyll or Hyde week on his internal calendar.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

Royal wasn't down and he's lucky he held onto the ball as long as he did since his foot was up near his ass in a very uncomfortable position. He's lucky he didn't tear anything. I can't blame that fumble on Royal.

I can't blame Dick for not throwing the flag as it would have cost us a TO. not that it would have mattered the way the game turned out, but Dick did the right thing there.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Royal won't be mistaken for being a mental giant, he is what he is.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Holy crap!!!! Did we watch the same game?
                        His knee DID touch, and the ground caused the ball to come loose, not a player. That is not a fumble. Jauron should have thrown the flag (period).
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                          Holy crap!!!! Did we watch the same game?
                          His knee DID touch, and the ground caused the ball to come loose, not a player. That is not a fumble. Jauron should have thrown the flag (period).
                          His knee did not touch. You can argue that his shin might've, but his knee clearly did not touch the ground.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Yes, yordad, it's considered a dead play when his knee touched, even though he was twisted up without it touching when the ball and ground collided.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

Why was the goofball reaching back with the ball anyways, to get less yardage?
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X