PDA

View Full Version : Sirius NFL radio now available to XM customers

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-05-2008, 11:50 PM
NFL football 24/7, every NFL game w home & away teams announcers Play by Play
http://www.xmradio.com/bestofsirius/index.xmc?utm_source=ESABOSUPTICKERURLECAR&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=BOSUPSELL

programs

The Opening Drive
The SIRIUS Blitz
The Red Zone
Movin' The Chains
NFL Network’s Total Access
Late Hits
SIRIUS Fantasy Football
The Weekend Kickoff
Press Coverage
The End Zone
ChalkTalk with Dave Hagen
SIRIUS NFL Tailgate Show
The Sunday Drive
NFL Rewind

http://www.sirius.com/nfl

find out how to get Sirius NFL radio for XM
http://www.xmradio.com/whatisxm/plans-pricing.xmc

Oaf
10-06-2008, 01:53 AM
:spam: ??

BlackMetalNinja
10-07-2008, 07:43 AM
It's not spam, he's telling the truth. XM has opened up the "Best of Sirius" package now, which includes the NFL channels.

Tatonka
10-07-2008, 10:55 AM
does just the sports talk radio package cover that?

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 11:34 AM
For those of you considering this here are a few things to consider:

- Don't be surprised when they aren't covering the Bills wall to wall. They still cater to the larger market teams a bit more.

- The programming gets somewhat repetitive and unoriginal at times. I've actually found myself so bored with it as of late that I've switched back to local radio for a while.

- They are generally the first ones to break news during their breaks so that's definitely a plus.

- The Opening Drive and the Sirius Blitz rarely do a poor job at being entertaining. The hosts are excellent and the program is well thought out. Definitely recommended. I'd say that the Red Zone is probably the third best programming.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I am not paying 6 extra bucks a month for this.

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 11:38 AM
To be completely honest with you, I wouldn't; especially if you live in the Buffalo area and have access to the local programming. If you are a casual football fan it really isn't for you if it means you have to pay extra.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 12:01 PM

it's $4 extra a month- $12.99 vs $16.99

Still, I agree: not worth it.

The $4 "Best of Sirius" package is Howard Stern, NFL Radio and Martha Stewart. I'd never listen to Martha Stewart and I might flip to Howard occasionally, so it would basically be a 30% increase in my satellite radio cost for 1 station that I'd use. Not worth it.

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
it's $4 extra a month- $12.99 vs $16.99

Still, I agree: not worth it.

The $4 "Best of Sirius" package is Howard Stern, NFL Radio and Martha Stewart. I'd never listen to Martha Stewart and I might flip to Howard occasionally, so it would basically be a 30% increase in my satellite radio cost for 1 station that I'd use. Not worth it.
Honestly, most of the music sucks on Sirius too.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
To be completely honest with you, I wouldn't; especially if you live in the Buffalo area and have access to the local programming. If you are a casual football fan it really isn't for you if it means you have to pay extra.
Exactly.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 12:09 PM
and if I lived outside the area you can get the wgr550 feed online.

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Sirius IS good if you are a person who travels a lot. It sucks having to find radio stations.

BlackMetalNinja
10-07-2008, 06:41 PM
All I want is Hard Attack... absolutely the only thing I want from Sirius, but I've contemplated switching from XM specifically for that.

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 09:25 PM
All I want is Hard Attack... absolutely the only thing I want from Sirius, but I've contemplated switching from XM specifically for that.
Yeah, Hard Attack is an awesome station and would be worth the switch. But XM also has some pretty bad ass stations.

BlackMetalNinja
10-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Yeah, Hard Attack is an awesome station and would be worth the switch. But XM also has some pretty bad ass stations.For what I listen to, not really. Squizz has some good stuff with a lot of pansy stuff mixed in. Liquid Metal has some good stuff with a lot of insane, growling, crap metal mixed in.

Hard Attack is pretty much all awesome in my book. I'm waiting for the a la carte pricing to come out. Now that my vehicle has XM built in, it's harder to make a switch.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2008, 08:16 AM
If you wanted to hear a bunch of fat guys growling into a microphone just go to a farm or something.

BlackMetalNinja
10-08-2008, 08:42 AM
If you wanted to hear a bunch of fat guys growling into a microphone just go to a farm or something.Sometimes I wish you'd try and cram some actual real information in that huge head of yours...

RockStar36
10-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I never listen to the NFL station on Sirius. The only time I even flip on games is if I'm coming home from a game or out on a Sunday and want the scores. Usually what I'll do it put the game I'm interested on the radio and pop a cd in so I can just look at the score. Sad to say, but if I ever listen to talk radio it's WGR before anything on Sirius.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Sometimes I wish you'd try and cram some actual real information in that huge head of yours...
LOL I am very informed on most topics.

BlackMetalNinja
10-08-2008, 09:48 AM
LOL I am very informed on most topics.only if it comes from buffalorising.com

gr8slayer
10-08-2008, 11:42 AM
LOL I am rarely informed on most topics.
:up:

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2008, 11:43 AM
only if it comes from buffalorising.com
Stop with your Sour mood already.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2008, 11:43 AM
:up:
OHHH JETHRO!!!!

BlackMetalNinja
10-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Stop with your Sour mood already.:thurm:

Iehoshua
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Maybe if I didn't already have Sunday Ticket...

They should give it to you free as an existing XM customer, IMO...

Dozerdog
10-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm really pissed at this

I waited a year for the merger and they continually let people beleive that post- merger, you would not need to buy a new radio to get the additional programming.

I went with Sirius because I'm not in Buffalo, drive a lot, and got the Bills and Sabres games. Now moving out of Boston, I was looking forward to getting the Red Sox as well.

I bought the top of the line Sirius model (The S-50 - the TiVo of satelite radios ) and have a 2 year old sportster model. Apparently, neither can get the additional 20 stations they added for "The Best of XM"

Only 6 to 8 of the moire recent models can add the new stations. For me to get an equivilent radio I got to shell out $300 - or $100 for a downgraded model.

LoG is having the same issues with his XM radio.

We are bull**** over this! :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I dont want any of the sirius channels really so I am good.