PDA

View Full Version : Fewell

jamze132
10-06-2008, 03:10 AM
This guy is killing me. He sat back all day while Warner ripped our defense to shreads. He failed to make the necessary adjustments during the first half and halftime adjustments didn't work. How can you just rush 4 all day when you have seen all season that the front 4 can't get it done alone? I think I counted 3-4 blitzes today. What the **** was that?

Yes players missed key tackles, missed assignments, our best CB was out today, but damn, his gameplan and scheme's were absolutely horendous. And this isn't a one time thing. We saw the same defense yesterday that we have seen since he has been the DC.

Fewell needs to go and go now.

Night Train
10-06-2008, 03:51 AM
Yes players missed key tackles, missed assignments, our best CB was out today, but

But,but,but

He didn't tell the Front 7 to take an amazing amount of encroachment penalties, miss countless tackles and play without any sense of attitude & urgency. I'm certainly no fan of his schemes but this was a total team failure.

We got our arses kicked. Still, it doesn't equal 4 losses. Just one. The Bills need to watch the bad film and work on their shortcomings the next 12 days, if they don't wish to get torched by the Chargers.

This didn't shock me after viewing the Raiders game & the first half of the Rams game. The warning signs were there but the fanbase was too blinded by the 4-0 start. All the posts about 5-0, home field advantage,best team in the AFC etc were waaaay over the top but it's typical of this place.

This team still needs one more draft but has a chance at a wild card spot this year. Reality bites but I'm still a fan. Keep the actual talent of this team in the proper perspective.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2008, 04:26 AM
I thought Fewell would really take it to Warner with a number of blitz packages from the start, or at least make adjustments at halftime. While the defense played poorly, his game plan really gave us no chance, even if we hadn't blown assignments, missed tackles and committed stupid penalties.

It must be one of the few times in Warner's career where he took no sacks, lost no fumbles and threw no interceptions - thanks mostly to Fewell's totally passive defensive scheme.

Nighthawk
10-06-2008, 06:29 AM
I've been saying this since he has been here. I truly believe he is the weak link on this coaching staff...besides Jauron.

jamze132
10-06-2008, 06:36 AM
But,but,but

He didn't tell the Front 7 to take an amazing amount of encroachment penalties, miss countless tackles and play without any sense of attitude & urgency. This is on him because he should be preaching discipline. Obviously, he isn't. I'm certainly no fan of his schemes but this was a total team failure.

We got our arses kicked. Still, it doesn't equal 4 losses. Just one. The Bills need to watch the bad film and work on their shortcomings the next 12 days, if they don't wish to get torched by the Chargers. They need to work their asses off for the next two weeks. They don't have the luxury of taking days off.

This didn't shock me after viewing the Raiders game & the first half of the Rams game. The warning signs were there but the fanbase was too blinded by the 4-0 start. All the posts about 5-0, home field advantage,best team in the AFC etc were waaaay over the top but it's typical of this place. I mentioned this in other threads, but as usual around here, people want to ***** and moan about anyone wanting to take one game at a time and not being too bigheaded. Obviously the team tanked and was not prepared at all. It was mental, and it falls on the coaches. I mention Fewell because his unit got schooled today. I can't blame the offense much because the mental midget was in there.
This team still needs one more draft but has a chance at a wild card spot this year. Reality bites but I'm still a fan. Keep the actual talent of this team in the proper perspective. I still feel confident in making the playoffs but this team needs to buckle down if they are going to make it. We have a very tough stretch of games coming up, especially considering how well Miami is playing.

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Umm, no. Fewell was calling plays that we could not execute. Warner was hot yesterday, real hot.

jamze132
10-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Umm, no. Fewell was calling plays that we could not execute. Warner was hot yesterday, real hot.
You have to give credit to Warner, he was on his A game yesterday. Obviosuly execution hurt us on defense but Fewell didn't put his players in the best possible position to win by sitting back and rushing 4. He should have known after the 1st quarter, 4 guys weren't going to harass Warner. if he would have blitzed 40-50% of the rest of the game, I gaurantee the game would have been much different. As hot as Warner was, we still might not have won, but we probably wouldn't have been embarassed and now the laughing stock of all the media who can now say "I told you so...".

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 06:50 AM
The Jets game should have been enough to show that if you put pressure on Warner he coughs up the ball. Fewell's lack of blitzes and aggression never gave these guys a chance. Maybe the players were a little disenchanted with his gameplan too. No adjustments were made at all, just bend over and take the asspounding all game long. ****ing pathetic.:cynic:

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Umm, no. Fewell was calling plays that we could not execute.
Which plays were those the four man rush with the Dbs giving a 10 yard cushion or the four man rush with the Dbs giving a 10 yard cushion? Or maybe it was the four man rush with the Dbs giving a 10 yard cushion. :rolleyes: