PDA

View Full Version : A couple of observations

dannyek71
10-06-2008, 05:48 AM
1) This was a TEAM loss. I really can't think of anyone on this team that played even decently yesterday. Yea, JP didn't do much to help us win. But he is a backup QB for a reason. TE is a better QB, hands down. However, asking a guy to come off the bench and asking him to win a game with the way the defense was playing is nearly impossible. I doubt Joe Montana could have kept us in the game. Yea, JP was typical JP yesterday, but when the other teams offense scores TDs seemingily at will, there is little the offense can reasonably be expected to do.

2) Everyone needs to relax. From what I've read on these boards, a single loss has taken us from many thinking we'd go undefeated and already thinking SB, to people now seemingly thinking we will finish 4-12. What this game proved to us is that we are not as good as many people have made us out to be. We lost to a pretty hot team on the road. By the way Arz was playing, and how the ball seemed to bounce their way when they needed it, I don't know if any team in the NFL today could have beaten them. Warner is streaky, and when he is on he is on. What we saw yesterday was his former NFL mvp type play.

3) While not to make excuses for injuries because every team has them, one could argue that the Bills yesterday were a shell of the Bills even two weeks ago. One could argue that our most important player on each side of the ball did not play yesterday. TE, Mcgee, and Roscoe. Couple that with Schobel, Ko Simpson, and Peters playing hurt, very little, or still working their way up from a holdout, and we were not playing with a full hand of players. While this is an excuse I don't like to fall back onto, it did obviously hinder our performance.

4) It is a good week to have a bye. We can heal and take a look back as to what we really are. We are 4-1. We should savor this. Being 4-1 going into the bye is something I think we all would have taken before the season. It is something to be happy about. However, punching our ticket to the SB is totally premature, and we all need to take this week and come back down to earth. This is a good team, but everyone needs to get a hold of themselves. In a single loss, we've seemingly vaulted half our team from being sure fire probowlers, to having to cut/retool half the team to even with 8 games this year.

~Go bills

jamze132
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Lindell had a great game yesterday...