PDA

View Full Version : My Post Debacle Rant

Pride
10-06-2008, 07:19 AM
(No particular order)

1.) I am tired of our DE's playing contain football. It's time to have them start crashing the ends and playing the run, and not only the pass.

2.) Fowler needs to be benched in favor of anybody! If you watch him, he is continually getting blown off the ball. Not to mention when a D does a delayed blitz, Fowler is never in position to pick it up.

3.) Having our CB's play 8 yards off of a WR when the opposing team is inside of our 10 makes no sense at all! Bump and Run! Do we even attempt to jam a WR at the line in this defense?

4.) Our special teams are officially the worst third of this team all of a sudden. They have been a liability since week 2.

5.) JP (for all of the support I gave him) is a whiny baby! Pouting on the bench, walking away from his OC. I don't think he has the right mindset to be an NFL backup QB. I won't miss him next year.

6.) Why didn't we blitz the snot out of Warner? We allowed him to pick us apart all day.

DraftBoy
10-06-2008, 07:21 AM
I dont think we can do 1 or 3 really because we dont have the proper personell on the team to do so. We have no DE capable of doing what you are asking and McKelvin may be the best bump and run CB we have, and he's completely untested.

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 07:29 AM
We just need to cut JP, his cocky attitude is getting us nowhere.

DraftBoy
10-06-2008, 07:31 AM
We just need to cut JP, his cocky attitude is getting us nowhere.

Yes thats going to solve our problems...our starting QB may be done from anywhere between a week and the season and we are going to cut our backup, in favor of whom? Are you willing to put this team in the hands of Hamdan?

Pride
10-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Whoa... where was it stated that we might lose Edwards for the season??

I havent kept up on the news about it, but I was thinking he'd be back for San Diego?!?

hydro
10-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Whoa... where was it stated that we might lose Edwards for the season??

I havent kept up on the news about it, but I was thinking he'd be back for San Diego?!?

Nobody knows anything to that degree. DB is just stating the possibilities.

Historian
10-06-2008, 07:48 AM
I agree with #3.

I think you have to play the WRs a little tighter.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2008, 07:56 AM
I disagree on the ST. The return game has been solid. McKelvin is top 10 in the NFL and punt returns have been pretty good. The coverage teams have been shaky, but the rest has been solid.

syracuse76
10-06-2008, 08:21 AM
(No particular order)

1.) I am tired of our DE's playing contain football. It's time to have them start crashing the ends and playing the run, and not only the pass.

2.) Fowler needs to be benched in favor of anybody! If you watch him, he is continually getting blown off the ball. Not to mention when a D does a delayed blitz, Fowler is never in position to pick it up.

3.) Having our CB's play 8 yards off of a WR when the opposing team is inside of our 10 makes no sense at all! Bump and Run! Do we even attempt to jam a WR at the line in this defense?

4.) Our special teams are officially the worst third of this team all of a sudden. They have been a liability since week 2.

5.) JP (for all of the support I gave him) is a whiny baby! Pouting on the bench, walking away from his OC. I don't think he has the right mindset to be an NFL backup QB. I won't miss him next year.

6.) Why didn't we blitz the snot out of Warner? We allowed him to pick us apart all day.

i was wondering the same thing THE WHOLE GAME!!!

mybills
10-06-2008, 10:38 AM
(No particular order)

:10: :bf1:

RedEyE
10-06-2008, 10:50 AM
I was confused by the lack of blitzing as well. Warner had too much time to throw the football. When they were coming out of the locker room in the 2nd half, I though for sure they were going to change their defensive scheme. It got worse.

Pride
10-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Well.. I don't want to toot my own horn, but....

Our DE's lined up closer to the tackles and applied more pressure to the QB and helped shut down the run

A change at Center improved our pass protection immensely.

We blitzed up the middle like in the first 2 weeks of the season, and got to rivers often.

JP still sucks

And while I've eased up on our special teams... they still aren't making me feel all warm and fuzzy like in years past.