PDA

View Full Version : The defense needs Crowell back

EDS
10-06-2008, 07:48 AM
I know some of you think Crowell is not that important to the defense, but I think he remains the best playmaker the Bills have at the linebacker position and he could be a huge upgrade for the defense if he was able to play at some point this season.

I definitely do not see Ellison or anyone else on the roster as a long term replacement.

patmoran2006
10-06-2008, 07:56 AM
He was important.. he led the f'n team in tackles last year.

But nothing we can do about it now. He cant come back, we put him on IR already.

dannyek71
10-06-2008, 09:29 AM
moot point

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
move Digi to replace Ellison.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Ellison has been mediocre this season, but yesterday he became a straight-up liability. When he actually did guess right and fill the gap on running plays, he whiffed on the tackle. The guy was absolutely terrible.

And BTW, Crowell's done as a Bill.

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Ellison has been mediocre this season, but yesterday he became a straight-up liability. When he actually did guess right and fill the gap on running plays, he whiffed on the tackle. The guy was absolutely terrible.

Everyone sucked last night. Poz had his moments. We couldn't pressure Kurt with 4 that when we sent lb'ers and Db's to help them, our cb's got burned.

This DL has been exposed and owned.

yordad
10-06-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm with Justa. How is Digi not better then Ellison at everything?

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Everyone sucked last night. Poz had his moments. We couldn't pressure Kurt with 4 that when we sent lb'ers and Db's to help them, our cb's got burned.

This DL has been exposed and owned.

For once, I totally agree with you.

I think the worst part about this game is that the formula for beating this D is now out in the open. Bill Bellicheck is probably watching the game tape today and salivating over it.

Lexwhat
10-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I've been saying since opening day that Ellison sucks, and even DiGorgio would be a better option at SLB than him.

Ellison has no business being a starter in this league, especially at the SLB position.

EDS
10-06-2008, 01:50 PM

If Crowell is indeed done as a Bill, then they will need to shore up that position in the off-season - and it is not easy replacing one of the two best defenders on the team.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
If Crowell is indeed done as a Bill, then they will need to shore up that position in the off-season - and it is not easy replacing one of the two best defenders on the team.

Agree with the first part.

Disagree with the second part.

Crowell was always a solid player for us, but he's overrated on this board and was never as dominant as some make him out to be. No doubt that he's an upgrade over Ellison and we will need to upgrade the position in the off-season. But I don't think finding a player of his caliber will be all that difficult.

Night Train
10-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Crowell coming back is about as likely as Kelly returning at QB.