PDA

View Full Version : 51

patmoran2006
10-06-2008, 08:16 AM
That’s the bad number of the week. 51 is the amount of sacks this team is on pace to give up this season (16 through 5 games)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The OL simply has to play better.. My buddy, who covers the Bills in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rochester</st1:place></st1:City> said he talked to Ast. OL coach Ray Brown and said the team has “no intentions” of making any changes in the starting lineup. These guys just have to step up and starting playing with more of an attitude.<o:p></o:p>

syracuse76
10-06-2008, 08:19 AM
i dont get how the 3rd biggest line in the NFL can be a bunch of pansies. it shocking.

Tatonka
10-06-2008, 08:23 AM
we shat on mcnally, but they were clearly playing better under him.

syracuse76
10-06-2008, 08:25 AM
we shat on mcnally, but they were clearly playing better under him.

agreed.....they started out slow but became a unit by mid season last year. now we are where we were in the beginning of last season if that.

camelcowboy
10-06-2008, 09:57 AM
i dont get how the 3rd biggest line in the NFL can be a bunch of pansies. it shocking.shocking? It's the blocking scheme. Your asking a massive line to be agile on their feet with this zone blocking scheme. It's time to just play gap control and use their size to push people around. Maybe if we do that we can run the ball. Run the ball better I promise the pass blocking improves with it.

TrentLeeLynch
10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Agreed the scheme is a big problem. Its sorta idiotic to expect one of the biggest O-lines in the league to execute a zone blocking scheme. Forget all that and have them just play good old football, know who you gotta block and just go at em and knock em back.

Theres some personnel issues as well though. Fowler just plain sucks. Butler is OK at best but the combo of him and Fowler inside is not strong enough and get no push. Lynch is constantly running into a wall up the middle. And Walker is not reliable in pass protection.