When did you first think we we're going to lose the game yesterday??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

When did you first think we we're going to lose the game yesterday??

When Trent left the field, so did our team hopes. Yeah, he's that important now.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: When did you first think we we're going to lose the game yesterday??

I thought we were going to lose going in.

When Trent went down, I pretty much knew we were going to lose.

When Arizona recovered the fumble and then just completely schooled our D, I knew we had no shot.

It was like watching last year's team. After the first two drives, the rest of the game was obvious and predictable.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Bomber
      • Jul 2002

I was travelling from Scotland yesterday, and by the time I got home and turned on the game, it was already 31-17.

I was thinking comeback until I saw that our QB was wearing #7 (then I found out that Trent had been knocked out on the 4th play of the game). That's when I first thought we were going to lose the game.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

it wasn't when TE went down...it was when JP came in.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          It was like watching last year's team. After the first two drives, the rest of the game was obvious and predictable.
          I missed most of the game (I was travelling) - did they dumb down the offense for JP? Or was it just lack of execution?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

All of the above.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
              it wasn't when TE went down...it was when JP came in.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

I knew it when Lynch fumbled the hand off.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                  did they dumb down the offense for JP?
                  They had no choice in the matter, they called plays they thought JP could execute. I have no idea why we just didn't go long like every play and bomb them out.

JP can bomb it but toss a screen pass in there for him to throw, oh man lookout.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                    I missed most of the game (I was travelling) - did they dumb down the offense for JP? Or was it just lack of execution?
                    Yes.

They went back to last year's conservative style of offense. But the OL couldn't block for **** (especially Fowler and Butler), and JP threw his one spectacular bomb to Lee Evans, but other than that was inaccurate, panicky, and had no internal clock.

JP certainly didn't play well, but at the same time it's tough to put this loss on him. The OL sucked, the DL got no push and the LB's were practically invisible.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Yes.

They went back to last year's conservative style of offense. But the OL couldn't block for **** (especially Fowler and Butler), and JP threw his one spectacular bomb to Lee Evans, but other than that was inaccurate, panicky, and had no internal clock.

JP certainly didn't play well, but at the same time it's tough to put this loss on him. The OL sucked, the DL got no push and the LB's were practically invisible.
                      How could you forget that the CB's were getting beat and were in a bad scheme for the Cardinals offense? I respect Fitz and knew he would be successful, but the rest looked like all stars too.

Really the only DB that did much of anything was Whitner, who had a couple of nice tackles and was generally in tight coverage even when Warner threw the ball to his man (Much credit to Warner - he played a great game and was accurate as hell)

How this defense did not sack the QB or create a TO from the most TO prone QB in the NFL is minboggling. They had been doing well in those aspects so far this year.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        How could you forget that the CB's were getting beat and were in a bad scheme for the Cardinals offense? I respect Fitz and knew he would be successful, but the rest looked like all stars too.

Really the only DB that did much of anything was Whitner, who had a couple of nice tackles and was generally in tight coverage even when Warner threw the ball to his man (Much credit to Warner - he played a great game and was accurate as hell)

How this defense did not sack the QB or create a TO from the most TO prone QB in the NFL is minboggling. They had been doing well in those aspects so far this year.
                        that was all JP's fault.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Yes.

15-21 coming off the bench with no snaps with the starting team is inaccurate?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

It was like circa 2007 out there, we fell back to last years patterns / bad habits.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

yeah the CB's had an awful day. But with no pass rush and invisible LB's they were left on an island with Arizona's excellent receivers all day. That's not to make excuses for them because they certainly didn't make enough plays. I can't believe how wide open Fitz was on the first touchdown.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X