PDA

View Full Version : When did you first think we we're going to lose the game yesterday??

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
When Trent left the field, so did our team hopes. Yeah, he's that important now.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I thought we were going to lose going in.

When Trent went down, I pretty much knew we were going to lose.

When Arizona recovered the fumble and then just completely schooled our D, I knew we had no shot.

It was like watching last year's team. After the first two drives, the rest of the game was obvious and predictable.

Mad Bomber
10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I was travelling from Scotland yesterday, and by the time I got home and turned on the game, it was already 31-17.

I was thinking comeback until I saw that our QB was wearing #7 (then I found out that Trent had been knocked out on the 4th play of the game). That's when I first thought we were going to lose the game.

Typ0
10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
it wasn't when TE went down...it was when JP came in.

Mad Bomber
10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
It was like watching last year's team. After the first two drives, the rest of the game was obvious and predictable.
I missed most of the game (I was travelling) - did they dumb down the offense for JP? Or was it just lack of execution?

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2008, 11:47 AM
All of the above.

Mitchy moo
it wasn't when TE went down...it was when JP came in.

:rofl:

mybills
I knew it when Lynch fumbled the hand off.

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 11:49 AM
did they dumb down the offense for JP?

They had no choice in the matter, they called plays they thought JP could execute. I have no idea why we just didn't go long like every play and bomb them out.

JP can bomb it but toss a screen pass in there for him to throw, oh man lookout.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I missed most of the game (I was travelling) - did they dumb down the offense for JP? Or was it just lack of execution?

Yes.

They went back to last year's conservative style of offense. But the OL couldn't block for **** (especially Fowler and Butler), and JP threw his one spectacular bomb to Lee Evans, but other than that was inaccurate, panicky, and had no internal clock.

JP certainly didn't play well, but at the same time it's tough to put this loss on him. The OL sucked, the DL got no push and the LB's were practically invisible.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes.

They went back to last year's conservative style of offense. But the OL couldn't block for **** (especially Fowler and Butler), and JP threw his one spectacular bomb to Lee Evans, but other than that was inaccurate, panicky, and had no internal clock.

JP certainly didn't play well, but at the same time it's tough to put this loss on him. The OL sucked, the DL got no push and the LB's were practically invisible.
How could you forget that the CB's were getting beat and were in a bad scheme for the Cardinals offense? I respect Fitz and knew he would be successful, but the rest looked like all stars too.

Really the only DB that did much of anything was Whitner, who had a couple of nice tackles and was generally in tight coverage even when Warner threw the ball to his man (Much credit to Warner - he played a great game and was accurate as hell)

How this defense did not sack the QB or create a TO from the most TO prone QB in the NFL is minboggling. They had been doing well in those aspects so far this year.

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 12:01 PM
How could you forget that the CB's were getting beat and were in a bad scheme for the Cardinals offense? I respect Fitz and knew he would be successful, but the rest looked like all stars too.

Really the only DB that did much of anything was Whitner, who had a couple of nice tackles and was generally in tight coverage even when Warner threw the ball to his man (Much credit to Warner - he played a great game and was accurate as hell)

How this defense did not sack the QB or create a TO from the most TO prone QB in the NFL is minboggling. They had been doing well in those aspects so far this year.
that was all JP's fault.

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes.

15-21 coming off the bench with no snaps with the starting team is inaccurate?

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 12:03 PM

It was like circa 2007 out there, we fell back to last years patterns / bad habits.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 12:03 PM

yeah the CB's had an awful day. But with no pass rush and invisible LB's they were left on an island with Arizona's excellent receivers all day. That's not to make excuses for them because they certainly didn't make enough plays. I can't believe how wide open Fitz was on the first touchdown.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 12:04 PM
15-21 coming off the bench with no snaps with the starting team is inaccurate?

Just get off JP's nuts already.

Look, I like the guy too. I wanted him to succeed here. But he's had his chances and he didn't get the job done, so we have to move on. It sucks, but it's the nature of sports. Just let it go.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
yeah the CB's had an awful day. But with no pass rush and invisible LB's they were left on an island with Arizona's excellent receivers all day. That's not to make excuses for them because they certainly didn't make enough plays. I can't believe how wide open Fitz was on the first touchdown.

While I do agree 100%, there were a number of quick slants that would have been nearly impossible to have a pass rush on but the WRs were getting less attention that I do at a single's bar.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I knew it the day McGee got injured.

This game also had logical loss written all over it when the schedule came out.

DraftBoy
10-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Last April. :respect:

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 12:07 PM

Look, I like the guy too. I wanted him to succeed here. But he's had his chances and he didn't get the job done, so we have to move on. It sucks, but it's the nature of sports. Just let it go. I'm replying to your post ABOUT JP and you're telling me to let it go? I'm not allowed to defend a bills player and it's okay for you to keep blasting the team whenever you feel like it?

get off his nuts? I'm on the nuts of every bills player. In case you missed it, I'm defending JP's play as a BACK UP coming in off the bench, not as a starter.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm replying to your post ABOUT JP and you're telling me to let it go? I'm not allowed to defend a bills player and it's okay for you to keep blasting the team whenever you feel like it?

get off his nuts? I'm on the nuts of every bills player. In case you missed it, I'm defending JP's play as a BACK UP coming in off the bench, not as a starter.
JP looked fine until the wheels started coming off the team...then they all looked bad...that is what happens when three major parts of your team are injured and the other team has an advantage in key areas because of it.

BAM
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
As soon as Trent went down I lost 75% of my faith. When JP fumbled immediately after I lost the other 25%. Call me a fairweather fan if you wish but I have no faith in JP Losman to win us a game. Not to mention the D was playing like ISH.

Lexwhat
10-06-2008, 12:34 PM

Look, I like the guy too. I wanted him to succeed here. But he's had his chances and he didn't get the job done, so we have to move on. It sucks, but it's the nature of sports. Just let it go.

Ever notice how every time JP plays, it's always a "team loss" ?? ALWAYS! This is what I think of the game:

- In the 1st half, JP did okay, and the defense deserved its share of the blame. We were still in the game at halftime, and only down by 10.

- In the 2nd half, we looked pretty energized coming out of the locker room. What did JP do? He couldn't sustain drives, and thus the defense was on the field almost the whole damn time. They were just too tired in the 2nd half.

We could have won this game in the 2nd half if JP didn't play like crap. Although the Royal fumble wasn't JP's fault, we otherwise ran 14 TOTAL plays in five 2nd half possessions (the 6th 2nd half possession was garbage time at the end). We scored 3 points total.

Our defense looked so bad in the 2nd half primarily because of JP not being able to sustain drives. Story of his life.

Mr. Pink
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
When they said that Trent had a concussion is when I realized we had lost. At least we got to see the one trick pony show though!

Was it worth the price of admission?

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Ever notice how every time JP plays, it's always a "team loss" ?? ALWAYS! This is what I think of the game:

- In the 1st half, JP did okay, and the defense deserved its share of the blame. We were still in the game at halftime, and only down by 10.

- In the 2nd half, we looked pretty energized coming out of the locker room. What did JP do? He couldn't sustain drives, and thus the defense was on the field almost the whole damn time. They were just too tired in the 2nd half.

How abou the other side of the coin?

1st Half - JP comes off bench to keep game close after hapless defense doesn't do crap to stop other team.

2nd Half - Defense, tired from being inept all day, continues to struggle allowing Arizona to maintain lead - forcing JP and offense to play from behind, take risks and make mistakes - combined with Arizona just having to tee off and you have wheels coming off...

not defending JP but that is how it could be seen.

mybills
10-06-2008, 01:02 PM
As soon as Trent went down I lost 75% of my faith. When Lynch fumbled immediately after I lost the other 25%.

TheBrownBear
10-06-2008, 02:37 PM

1st Half - JP comes off bench to keep game close after hapless defense doesn't do crap to stop other team.

2nd Half - Defense, tired from being inept all day, continues to struggle allowing Arizona to maintain lead - forcing JP and offense to play from behind, take risks and make mistakes - combined with Arizona just having to tee off and you have wheels coming off...

I'm a JP "hater" and that's honestly how I saw it. I actually thought it was a good game for JP by his usual standards.

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 02:42 PM
JP looked fine until the wheels started coming off the team...then they all looked bad...that is what happens when three major parts of your team are injured and the other team has an advantage in key areas because of it.
it was a total team melt down.

Lexwhat
10-06-2008, 03:12 PM

We are pretty much in agreement about the 1st half. JP led us to 2 TDs, and the defense failed to do its job.

I do disagree about the 2nd half. The first drive of the half, we force the Cardinals to go 3 and out. If JP had led us to a TD on the next drive, we would have cut the lead to 3 and really regained momentum (IMO, I think Trent could have led us to a TD there, but obviously we'll never know). We allowed 17 points in the 2nd half, while only scoring 3.

I understand we had to play from behind, but that sack and fumble on JP was a huge preventable mistake. It was a simple pass play, and not something that I see as risky.

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 03:33 PM

I do disagree about the 2nd half. The first drive of the half, we force the Cardinals to go 3 and out. If JP had led us to a TD on the next drive, we would have cut the lead to 3 and really regained momentum (IMO, I think Trent could have led us to a TD there, but obviously we'll never know). We allowed 17 points in the 2nd half, while only scoring 3.

1-10-BUF 44 (12:38) 23-M.Lynch right end to ARI 34 for 22 yards (47-A.Francisco).
1-10-ARI 34 (12:05) 23-M.Lynch left tackle to ARI 35 for -1 yards (58-K.Dansby).
2-11-ARI 35 (11:29) 7-J.Losman sacked at ARI 39 for -4 yards (90-D.Dockett). PENALTY on ARI-55-T.LaBoy, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at ARI 35 - No Play.
2-6-ARI 30 (11:06) 23-M.Lynch up the middle to ARI 29 for 1 yard (90-D.Dockett, 97-B.Robinson).
3-5-ARI 29 (10:25) (Shotgun) 23-M.Lynch right tackle to ARI 30 for -1 yards (58-K.Dansby).

How is that JP's fault? You guys blame him for the running game? You guys are desperate.

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I understand we had to play from behind, but that sack and fumble on JP was a huge preventable mistake. It was a simple pass play, and not something that I see as risky.I never blamed Trent when he got sacked which caused a TD . Peters was to blame for that. But the D bailed out the O for that mistake but they couldn't bail the O last because they couldn't bail themselves out.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
1-10-BUF 44 (12:38) 23-M.Lynch right end to ARI 34 for 22 yards (47-A.Francisco).
1-10-ARI 34 (12:05) 23-M.Lynch left tackle to ARI 35 for -1 yards (58-K.Dansby).
2-11-ARI 35 (11:29) 7-J.Losman sacked at ARI 39 for -4 yards (90-D.Dockett). PENALTY on ARI-55-T.LaBoy, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at ARI 35 - No Play.
2-6-ARI 30 (11:06) 23-M.Lynch up the middle to ARI 29 for 1 yard (90-D.Dockett, 97-B.Robinson).
3-5-ARI 29 (10:25) (Shotgun) 23-M.Lynch right tackle to ARI 30 for -1 yards (58-K.Dansby).

How is that JP's fault? You guys blame him for the running game? You guys are desperate.

well how do you know those plays would have been called if Trent was in the game. I would venture to guess that Arizona had 8 in the box because they weren't worried about JP throwing and our coaches my have been running because they didn't trust JP to throw.

Hell, they called a DRAW on 3rd and 5. What does that tell you about their faith in JP?

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 03:42 PM
well how do you know those plays would have been called if Trent was in the game. I would venture to guess that Arizona had 8 in the box because they weren't worried about JP throwing and our coaches my have been running because they didn't trust JP to throw.

Hell, they called a DRAW on 3rd and 5. What does that tell you about their faith in JP?
I don't know know what the team would've done if it was Trent in there but lets talk about what happened. Lets talk about the facts. Fact is we couldn't run the ball and that gets blamed on JP?

JP just burned them for 14 points in the 2nd quarter yet they aren't threatened by JP's arm? Are you kidding me? YOu're not making sense OP.

Look OP. I am not sold on JP after yesterdays game. He made his mistakes but people here are blaming the entire game on a back up who came in off the bench and did the best he could do without having snaps with the O and no help from the rest of the team.

They are even making things up like JP handed the ball to lynch's thigh and leg (which one is it?) or blaming him for Lynch not being able to run.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't know know what the team would've done if it was Trent in there but lets talk about what happened. Lets talk about the facts. Fact is we couldn't run the ball and that gets blamed on JP?

JP just burned them for 14 points in the 2nd quarter yet they aren't threatened by JP's arm? Are you kidding me? YOu're not making sense OP.

Look OP. I am not sold on JP after yesterdays game. He made his mistakes but people here are blaming the entire game on a back up who came in off the bench and did the best he could do without having snaps with the O and no help from the rest of the team.

They are even making things up like JP handed the ball to lynch's thigh and leg (which one is it?) or blaming him for Lynch not being able to run.

well, I agree with that- JP had a few good moments and plenty of bad moments, but the D was getting schooled up and down the field and the running game sucked. It's hard to blame JP for that. He would have had to be damn near perfect to win this game, and with the D playing so poorly, even that may not have been enough.

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
He would have had to be damn near perfect to win this game, and with the D playing so poorly, even that may not have been enough.and if he was perfect we would have a qb controversy all over again.

Not even Trent has been perfect when the D and the running game were doing well. I can't expect a back up with no snaps to come in and do better than the starter himself.

Lexwhat
10-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't know know what the team would've done if it was Trent in there but lets talk about what happened. Lets talk about the facts

Huh?

Trent would've lost last nights game too. You know how I know this? He got smacked and knocked out at the start of the game because the OL couldnb't pick up the blitz. Everything just snowballed after that.

zone
10-06-2008, 04:42 PM
As soon as I knew Trent was not coming back into the game. Reiterated by the fumble on the hand off. I will however admit after that BOMB I held out some hope.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 05:01 PM

If it was Hamdan coming into the game and doing what he did before the wheels came off nobody would complain.

zone
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
If it was Hamdan coming into the game and doing what he did before the wheels came off nobody would complain.
Well we now have learned that Hamdan the third string QB prepares nightly and stays late working hand in hand with Trent. Where is JP when all this is going down? Do you honestly think JP was ready for the Cards, he looked unprepared and judging by the reaming he was taking on the sidelines the coaches agree.

When you have a first round draft pick sitting on the bench there is obviously problems with him or else he would be in the game. JP can not sustain drives and that is what we need to win as a team. That is why we have been winning this year.

The Jokeman
10-06-2008, 05:10 PM
The play that really killed me was JP's first sack. As remember seeing Lynch open and apparently looking for a pass but Losman didn't even look his way as he was focused on the other side of the field looking down field.

Oldbillsfan
10-06-2008, 05:31 PM
When JP came in and couldn't even hand the ball off my confidence was weining.

trapezeus
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
it was a total team melt down.

but keeping jp was to prevent a meltdown if our guy went down.

i'll give you the defense played poorly, but it was protypical losman. two plays in and a fumble. having enough time to throw and not getting rid of it. telegraphing the dump off plays, not putting the dump off play in a position for the player to run after the catch, throwing one long bomb, being short on others.

he did not keep this team in the game. i'm sure you want him to get one more shot of first team snaps and a full week of practice. fine. you can have that, but i get the sense a lot of people put the offensive patheticness on his shoulders as they should.

JP makes mistakes that makes the defense have to play a perfect game. and i think that pressure makes the defense go to hell

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 10:57 PM
JP makes mistakes that makes the defense have to play a perfect game. and i think that pressure makes the defense go to hell

JP never has to worried about getting injured on the field, the opposing teams don't want to lose their best chance to win when he is trying to be a QB.

Griff
10-07-2008, 01:01 AM
When Trent didn't pop up back from that hit. I knew it was over when Jenkins jumped offsides.

CUHATIN
10-07-2008, 03:40 AM
Yeah right after Trent left the game!!!

jamze132
10-07-2008, 04:31 AM

When Fewell stuck his head up his ass Sunday morning, his last command was "rush 4, drop 7". Since he didn't make the trip to the stadium, that's what we went with.

PECKERWOOD
10-07-2008, 04:36 AM
Hahaha, premature thread!! How does it feel to be WRONG!!!

YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY, SIR. ( Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory )

:roflmao:

jamze132
10-07-2008, 04:37 AM
I called for that as soon as I realized Trent wasn't getting up.

jamze132
10-07-2008, 04:38 AM
The bottome line from Sunday is simple. The defense missed the charter to Arizona and JP played like he has since he was drafted. He is overwealmed at this level.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 05:46 AM
The bottome line from Sunday is simple. The defense missed the charter to Arizona and JP played like he has since he was drafted. He is overwealmed at this level.

:band:

New Ro's Greatest
10-07-2008, 06:00 AM
When Trent was taking a nap in the middle of the game! Period! GO BILLS:D: