Schonert takes some blame..team stays positive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Schonert takes some blame..team stays positive!

“We’ve just got to keep working hard and making progress,” said Schonert. “But we’ve got to get our running game uncorked a bit better. (Sunday) I didn’t call it enough I probably should’ve called some more runs. I don’t know what we averaged, but I know we only had about 17 carries, but with the game getting out of hand it’s hard to keep running it.”

With respect to health the bye comes at a good time with Trent Edwards getting more than a week to recover from his concussion suffered Sunday and Ko Simpson will get a week to rehab his hamstring injury with no game on the horizon this weekend. Terrence McGee, who did not play Sunday, will also get another week to tend to his sprained knee.

“This will be a well deserved time having a couple of guys going down,” said Lee Evans. “We’ll get healthy and come back from the bye week ready to roll.”

Buffalo enters the bye week still alone in first place in the AFC East. While disappointed they could not remain undefeated, they recognize they still sit in good position to make a legitimate playoff run when they resume play in Week 7.

“We’re 4-1 and in a decent spot right now,” said Posluszny. “We have a good chance to do some things later on in the season.”

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Schonert takes some blame..team stays positive!

I agree with Turk. He should've kept Kurt off the field by running the ball more.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

I don't think Pos should have said "later on in the season", but I'm sure he meant in reference to the PO's.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
        I don't think Pos should have said "later on in the season", but I'm sure he meant in reference to the PO's.
        he did say "later on in the season"

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
          he did say "later on in the season"
          I know, I meant as far as being positive in the now like Lee “We’ll get healthy and come back from the bye week ready to roll.” I want them to do something now!

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

but they are mentally trying to peak during the playoffs...thats' what all teams do. So they are preparing to do damage in the playoffs. Yes, they take it week by week but the overall plan is to perform at their best later in the season. This is what he is talking about. Doing something now just gears them up for a party during the bye week.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

forget it. I wasn't talking about pre-bye week.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

forget it. I wasn't talking about pre-bye week.
                you don't think the bye week is a good time to have a party?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Its nice to see the most productive Asst Coach on the staff step up to the plate and take some blame. Too bad Fewell wouldn't do that. He's the one with the most explaining to do of any of them.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• BuffRanger
                    • Sep 2004

Until they find an NFL caliber center, the run game is going to continue to be a problem.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffRanger
                      Until they find an NFL caliber center, the run game is going to continue to be a problem.
                      Fowler is a ****ing joke out there. I never realized how bad he was until I focused on him yesterday.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                        you don't think the bye week is a good time to have a party?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

I think he just meant that by starting 4-1, we are in a good position to be in the playoff hunt. I.e. by starting well, they're well positioned for the long haul
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• billsburgh
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            I agree with Turk. He should've kept Kurt off the field by running the ball more.
                            that's easier said than done when the line cant consistently open holes for Marshawn.

Comment

Working...
                            X