• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Notes from the game

So I was at the game and it was a great atmosphere, tons of bills fans! Here are some of my observations...

- When Trent went down you could feel the mood of the entire stadium change.

- Defense got beat repeatedly by the 3-yard **** pass of the cardinals. Gave up first downs on perplexing third and longs on run plays..

- McKelvin got twerked on - Nothing to read into it really, but he got owned yesterday.

- No run game at all.

- When JP dropped back you just knew that the play was taking longer to develop than it usually does...Well that led to all kinds of sacks and turnovers. Shows why he's not the starter.

- Although not a capable starter, JP always provides the highlight reel bomb to Evans, win or lose. That ball was right in front of me and it must have been in the air for 60 yards. Incredible.

- The cards fans were really cool too. They were respectful and even fun to watch the game with. Even though our section was dominated by bills fans.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Notes from the game

Thanks!

i didn't get to watch the game, so insights like this are helpful.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

On TV, the announcers looked at the yard markers and said it went 60 yards downfield, plus he threw it from the right hashmark to the left sideline, so it actually went ACROSS the field. And he pretty much hit Evans in stride too. JP's definitely limited but that throw was amazing.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Were our receivers covered every time? Or did JP just not see them? The tv doesn't show down field when the camera is on the QB...people used to argue with me about this with Bledsoe..I found out they were wrong (nobody open) when I saw him at a live game. He always kept his eye on his first intended even though there were two other players wide open for a fist down.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Buffalogic
          • Feb 2006

That throw was definitely amazing. When he first put it up in the air I looked down-field and Evans was so wide open it was really something. I was just worried the ball wasn't going to fall fast enough for him to get the TD, but everything worked out!

JP just holds the ball too long. There were open receivers, he just doesn't make the smart throws and he won't get rid of the ball. He would dropback and you had the sense that these pass plays were taking too long to develop then JP would get killed and fumble. That's how I saw it.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Yeah, JP shoulda threw a block before trying a hand off on his first series (fumbled exchange), and he shoulda caught his own pass he threw to Royal. Maybe he wouldn't have fumbled.

Oh, and he shoulda played defense too.

When your down by three scores in the forth quarter with a defense giving up a TD everytime, and you feel like you gotta score 40 more points in the next 12 minutes while hoping the D comes up w 3 miraculous turnovers.... Yeah, easy to hold it a little too long under the circumstances. Considering we pretty much needed an 80 yard TD pass on every remaining drive.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Buffalogic
              • Feb 2006

What we could have used are some first downs and sustained drives instead of multiple turnovers.

Comment

• kelly12
                • Feb 2005

Our seats were in back of the Bills bench two rows up and when Edwards went down. You had a real sense watching after that the coaching staff were unable to recover. I figured they would adjust at halftime. It was like they were really perplexed in the second half by there short passing game and unable to adjust. My family and I had a great time before and during the game wih the Buffalo fans. League's best. Almost like being at the Ralph. Go Bills. I really like that #51. Lunch pail guy.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  • Feb 2006

Yeah awesome! I was 6 rows up behind the bills sideline. Was still fun to go to.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                    Yeah, JP shoulda threw a block before trying a hand off on his first series (fumbled exchange), and he shoulda caught his own pass he threw to Royal. Maybe he wouldn't have fumbled.

Oh, and he shoulda played defense too.

When your down by three scores in the forth quarter with a defense giving up a TD everytime, and you feel like you gotta score 40 more points in the next 12 minutes while hoping the D comes up w 3 miraculous turnovers.... Yeah, easy to hold it a little too long under the circumstances. Considering we pretty much needed an 80 yard TD pass on every remaining drive.
                    There's a huge difference in how you play when you have faith in your defense to stop the opponent, versus when you don't, especially when you're playing from behind. In the other games in which the offense started slowly and the defense gave up points early, the defense shut-down the opposition after halftime.

Comment

Working...
                    X