After further review... I take it back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

After further review... I take it back...

After watching the game over I have to take back my comments regarding Aaron Schobel. The truth is the man really never had a chance to get to Warner. The ball was out every play in 2 seconds or less. Schobel got to Warner on a couple of occasions where the play took longer to develop but other than that, everything was either a quick slant or a short curl. My appologies to Aaron Schobel for prematurely blasting him yesterday.

I think what we saw yesterday is that our defensive game plan going into the game was exactly what favored Arizona's offensive game plan. Our D was playing man to man in hopes of taking away the deep routes and the skinny post routes that Fewell thought was coming. But with Arizona using the short passing game against CBs that are not shut down CBs it was going to be impossible to stop. No way Greer is going to out muscle Fitz on those short slants or anyone else for that matter. Greer's weakness is his strength and physicality. And they exposed it for at least 10- 12 receptions. How many times did we see Youboty involved in the game? Not much because they focused on Greer. Mckelvin gets a pass for his first semi-start and in reality he didnt do that bad. Yes 2 TDs were thrown on him but one was impossible to stop and the other was a confusion with Youboty.

Anyways... point is... Our pass rush wasnt given a chance. Props to Zona for a great game plan.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: After further review... I take it back...

This begs the question....why weren't adjustments made at the half?

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

thank you..

SChobel played well. Nobody else on the DL did at all.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
        After watching the game over I have to take back my comments regarding Aaron Schobel. The truth is the man really never had a chance to get to Warner. The ball was out every play in 2 seconds or less. Schobel got to Warner on a couple of occasions where the play took longer to develop but other than that, everything was either a quick slant or a short curl. My appologies to Aaron Schobel for prematurely blasting him yesterday.

I think what we saw yesterday is that our defensive game plan going into the game was exactly what favored Arizona's offensive game plan. Our D was playing man to man in hopes of taking away the deep routes and the skinny post routes that Fewell thought was coming. But with Arizona using the short passing game against CBs that are not shut down CBs it was going to be impossible to stop. No way Greer is going to out muscle Fitz on those short slants or anyone else for that matter. Greer's weakness is his strength and physicality. And they exposed it for at least 10- 12 receptions. How many times did we see Youboty involved in the game? Not much because they focused on Greer. Mckelvin gets a pass for his first semi-start and in reality he didnt do that bad. Yes 2 TDs were thrown on him but one was impossible to stop and the other was a confusion with Youboty.

Anyways... point is... Our pass rush wasnt given a chance. Props to Zona for a great game plan.

we were in zone most of the game. (sometimes there was some man to man, though when there was, it was very soft)
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• ScottLawrence
          • Jan 2004

Jauron talked about it in the post game conference.

He mentioned how they tried pressuring early(Blitzing) but the quick passes and slants from Warner countered this very well.

They adjusted in the second half by rushing four and playing zone....But like the problem on defense has been for a while, our four man front couldn't generate any pressure.
          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

Working...
          X