PDA

View Full Version : Missed Tackles

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Reared it's ugly head again yesterday. I always said that this was a weakness of this team for the last five years. They gave up over 100 yds after the catch yesterday. If you can't tackle in this league then you are in big trouble. Who in the world is teaching the basics like tackling on this team? I also think it has to do with us being a smallish defense and just being pushed around by bigger stronger bodies.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Ellison and Denney were two of the worst offenders when it comes to missed tackles.

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Kelsay and Schoebel are pretty bad at times too.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
that's only because they're on the field more, so they have more opportunities.

If Denney got more playing time, I'm sure he could miss just as many tackles as Schobel and Kelsay.

Crisis
10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
that's only because they're on the field more, so they have more opportunities.

If Denney got more playing time, I'm sure he could miss just as many tackles as Schobel and Kelsay.

this is the closest you'll ever see op get to complimenting schobel.

(with good reason)

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Schobel is too small to play DE.

patmoran2006
10-06-2008, 05:24 PM
That's been the single-most annoying aspect of this team this entire season for me so far.

We haven't tackled well at all this year.. FOrtunately, up til the Arizona game we were swarming the ball and making plays.

I cant think of a SINGLE big play the defense made yesterday.. No sacks, no big pass breakups.. nothing.

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
It would have been nice if Fewell would have sent the house once in awhile just to break up the Zone that Warner was in all day long. It couldn't have hurt us any worse than what they did anyways. Timely blitzes are what can cause a big play and change momentum of a game instead of a plodding, predictable, zone defense that refuses to change and sits there and lets Warner play "pitch and catch" with everyone but the waterboy all day long.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 05:38 PM
this team hasn't tackled well, collectively, since 1999...and when I look around the league I see a lot of teams like that....players seem dependent on the "big hit" (usually with a part of the helmet) rather than wrapping a guy up and tackling him.

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 05:40 PM
this team hasn't tackled well, collectively, since 1999
Bingo.

Cntrygal
10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
this team hasn't tackled well, collectively, since 1999...and when I look around the league I see a lot of teams like that....players seem dependent on the "big hit" (usually with a part of the helmet) rather than wrapping a guy up and tackling him.

Looking for that "highlight reel hit". :down:

RedEyE
10-07-2008, 05:41 AM
I though the Bills D last year tackled better than this team. And that was with 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players.