PDA

View Full Version : I guess the critics are right

Ronald Hinckleberry
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Face it boys...we are a prentender and we have beat nobody. The seahawks are horrible and were crushed again yesterday. The jags lost to steelers team that is more banged up than they are. The raiders and rams are a circus.

We finally play a real team and we get steamrolled. Say hello to another 7-9 season because I fear yesterdays backwoods beating was just the beginning.

And what about this big money offensive line? My mother is a fat beached whale and could block bigger than these homos. And the inbred hicks that live in my trailer could run roughshot through this defense.

Please tell me I'm wrong!!!!!!

ServoBillieves
10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Face it boys...we are a prentender and we have beat nobody. The seahawks are horrible and were crushed again yesterday. The jags lost to steelers team that is more banged up than they are. The raiders and rams are a circus.

We finally play a real team and we get steamrolled. Say hello to another 7-9 season because I fear yesterdays backwoods beating was just the beginning.

And what about this big money offensive line? My mother is a fat beached whale and could block bigger than these homos. And the inbred hicks that live in my trailer could run roughshot through this defense.

You're wrong.

I didn't realize that the Seahawks, Jaguars, Rams, and Raiders were fake teams. It must be some crazy optical illusion. Or did you mean they were college teams? High school teams? I mean, cause if they were fake teams then the millions of dollars tossed at them to play professional football must be Monopoly money.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
We suck badly...we should quit the NFL.

patmoran2006
10-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Well, fortunately we have enough "nobodies" on our schedule we should still get to 10, maybe even 11 wins and if nothing else to get witness a long overdue PLAYOFF game.

I'll take that for this year for sure.

mayotm
10-06-2008, 05:01 PM

Please tell me I'm wrong!!!!!!You're wrong. I knew there would be a ton of ignorant posts like this today. Typical overreaction to playing a bad game yesterday. A game where our starting QB was knocked out on the third play. The Bills will be fine.

LtFinFan66
10-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Well, fortunately we have enough "nobodies" on our schedule we should still get to 10, maybe even 11 wins and if nothing else to get witness a long overdue PLAYOFF game.

I'll take that for this year for sure.List said nobodies please

raphael120
10-06-2008, 05:09 PM

I'll take that for this year for sure.

Thing that bothers me is there is a strong possiblity that the final 3 games we play this season will be with teams trying to make that final push for the playoffs too.

Miami isn't looking like such a pushover right now, either.

The Jets, the Broncos, and the Pats...and we play AT Jets and Broncos. We have to play .500 ball from here on out. We can only afford 5 more losses.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 05:13 PM
List said nobodies please
I don't agree with him but I will say that the league is such that nobody is as good as their record nor as bad as the Bills played yesterday. I could still see this team sweeping the Jets, Fins and splitting with NE...beating KC, Cleveland, SF and maybe even Denver...that's 11-13 wins depending on how it all falls out.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Thing that bothers me is there is a strong possiblity that the final 3 games we play this season will be with teams trying to make that final push for the playoffs too.

Miami isn't looking like such a pushover right now, either.

The Jets, the Broncos, and the Pats...and we play AT Jets and Broncos. We have to play .500 ball from here on out. We can only afford 5 more losses.
and except for Tenn and Denver the rest of the conference can only afford 4.

Don't Panic
10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
We weren't as good as we thought we were last week and we're not as bad as we are now... the bottom line is that we are going to have to earn our playoff spot, just like everybody else. I only see one guaranteed win on our schedule the rest of the way (KC), so we're going to have to play pretty good football in at least 5 of our other 10 games to get a playoff spot. There is no doubt we can, but it will definitely need to be earned. I look forward to seeing what how it unfolds. Even after yesterday (which thankfully I only heard on the radio), I love watching this team week in week out.

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
You're wrong. I knew there would be a ton of ignorant posts like this today. Typical overreaction to playing a bad game yesterday. A game where our starting QB was knocked out on the third play. The Bills will be fine.

The problem is that we played like crap the last three games. We won two of them because the level of competition was much lower. If Arizona lit up this D with quick outs, what the hell do you think NE is going to do to us? Yeah, Brady's out- that means they're only going to score 38 against us instead of 50.

elltrain22
10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I didn't even want to come on to this message board today for posts like this. People that overreact, and downgrade this team to **** piss me off. First off, Trent Edwards, arguably the 1/4 season MVP didn't play the whole game!! Do you really not see how drastically that affected the outcome?? Yeah, we got schooled on defense, but our offense didn't let the dee rest up (like when TE plays). Bottom line is, our team is still in first place, we still have an up and coming offense, also have an up and coming defense, and our coaching staff has proven that they'll, more often times than not, have these guys ready to play. Part of being a fan is being loyal. I understand your trying to be realistic, but your just overreacting over 1 loss to a good team, on the road, after our star QB was knocked out. Please, chill the eff out.

elltrain22
10-06-2008, 06:43 PM
And btw, most NFL critics like our team

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I didn't even want to come on to this message board today for posts like this. People that overreact, and downgrade this team to **** piss me off. First off, Trent Edwards, arguably the 1/4 season MVP didn't play the whole game!! Do you really not see how drastically that affected the outcome?? Yeah, we got schooled on defense, but our offense didn't let the dee rest up (like when TE plays). Bottom line is, our team is still in first place, we still have an up and coming offense, also have an up and coming defense, and our coaching staff has proven that they'll, more often times than not, have these guys ready to play. Part of being a fan is being loyal. I understand your trying to be realistic, but your just overreacting over 1 loss to a good team, on the road, after our star QB was knocked out. Please, chill the eff out.

complaining about a loss has NOTHING to do with loyalty. In fact, anyone who claims to be a fan has every right to be pissed off about the performance yesterday.

As far as being in first place, we're a half game up on NE and will most likely be tied with them by the time we take the field again. In fact, they have a division win so they'll technically be ahead of us. And we still have to play them TWICE. They run a similar style of offense as the Cards do (you know, the kind we can't stop). We'll be lucky if we're within 3 games of NE when the season ends.

And you're overestimating the Trent Edwards factor. The D got schooled on their first two drives. Rest had nothing to do with it. They were getting beat- and getting beat BAD- from the beginning of the game. If Trent plays, we keep it closer, but the D got outcoached and outplayed. No QB can overcome that.

JerseyBoofaloBills
10-06-2008, 07:02 PM
The problem is that we played like crap the last three games. We won two of them because the level of competition was much lower. If Arizona lit up this D with quick outs, what the hell do you think NE is going to do to us? Yeah, Brady's out- that means they're only going to score 38 against us instead of 50.

i disagree with this..i dont think NE will put up 38 against us, Kurt Warner and Cassels are two completely different QB's..people need to calm down, it was ONE bad game..you dont see the people jumpin all over the pats when they lost to miami..we just need to regroup, thank god its a bye..and two weeks preperation for the chargers..this team will be fine, IF trent is healthy.

Luisito23
10-07-2008, 12:03 AM
You dramatic negatives nancies are truly pathetic...(And always have been)

mayotm
10-07-2008, 07:44 AM
complaining about a loss has NOTHING to do with loyalty. In fact, anyone who claims to be a fan has every right to be pissed off about the performance yesterday.

As far as being in first place, we're a half game up on NE and will most likely be tied with them by the time we take the field again. In fact, they have a division win so they'll technically be ahead of us. And we still have to play them TWICE. They run a similar style of offense as the Cards do (you know, the kind we can't stop). We'll be lucky if we're within 3 games of NE when the season ends.

And you're overestimating the Trent Edwards factor. The D got schooled on their first two drives. Rest had nothing to do with it. They were getting beat- and getting beat BAD- from the beginning of the game. If Trent plays, we keep it closer, but the D got outcoached and outplayed. No QB can overcome that.I think you're underestimating the Edwards factor. Yes, the defense was horrendous on Sunday. But, Edwards could have helped keeping the Cardinals offense off the field. In addition, whose to say the Bills wouldn't have scored on that opening possession changing the complexion of the game. In addition, we don't really know how Edwards' injury impacted the psyche of the team. When a team sees it's QB (and leader) go down, it has an impact. The Pats came pretty damn close to losing to the Chiefs at home when Brady got hurt. Finally, most good teams play a really bad game or two during the season. It just happens. The San Diego game will be a good indication whether or not this poor performance was a fluke or a preview of more to come. Personally, I'm not ready to throw in the towel due to this poor performance.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 07:45 AM

LOL check out this guy acting like he knows any more than anyone else....

How should we react to the team being 4-1? Should we be booing them? What a gay thread..... :shakeno:

CUHATIN
10-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Disagree, your wrong!!!

Patti120
10-07-2008, 07:51 AM
We suck badly...we should quit the NFL.

:lmao:

x2!

Jan Reimers
10-07-2008, 08:08 AM
I know we were all disappointed with the Arizona game. In fact, I'm lucky I didn't hurt myself or smash something while watching it.

But we're 4-1, and we have a lot of talent on this team. Our major flaws were on full display against the Cards, and we simply have to work on them during the bye week.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
i disagree with this..i dont think NE will put up 38 against us, Kurt Warner and Cassels are two completely different QB's..people need to calm down, it was ONE bad game..you dont see the people jumpin all over the pats when they lost to miami..we just need to regroup, thank god its a bye..and two weeks preperation for the chargers..this team will be fine, IF trent is healthy.

it's not ONE bad game.

It's THREE bad games. We got wins out of two of them, but we won't continue to win playing like this.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 08:38 AM
it's not ONE bad game.

It's THREE bad games. We got wins out of two of them, but we won't continue to win playing like this.
I can't call a win by 17 a bad game Op...

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 08:45 AM

weren't we banged up too?

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 08:48 AM
I can't call a win by 17 a bad game Op...

Did you watch that game?

we were losing 14-13 at the start of the 4th quarter. We played 3 bad quarters and 1 good one. Just because the outcome was good doesn't mean we played well.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Did you watch that game?

we were losing 14-13 at the start of the 4th quarter. We played 3 bad quarters and 1 good one. Just because the outcome was good doesn't mean we played well.
LOL no I didn't watch the game... What kind of ****ing ******ed question is that?

You win by 17 you did something right.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 09:16 AM
LOL no I didn't watch the game... What kind of ****ing ******ed question is that?

You win by 17 you did something right.

we did something right for ONE quarter.

We did it wrong for 3 quarters.

That kind of crap will beat St. Louis. It won't beat many of the other teams on our schedule.

Dujek
10-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Did you watch that game?

Actually it was more like 1 bad half and one good half. 25-0 in the second half.

But just twist the facts to suit yourself...

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Did you watch that game?

we ll the browns have played badly more than 3 quarters with bad outcomes. How are they beating us again? You love pointing out our shortcomings and yet you ignored the browns shortcomings and came to the conclusion they'll beat us.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 09:26 AM
we ll the browns have played badly more than 3 quarters with bad outcomes. How are they beating us again? You love pointing out our shortcomings and yet you ignored the browns shortcomings and came to the conclusion they'll beat us.

once again, other teams shortcomings have NOT been shortcomings when they played us. How many sacks did Arizona give up to the Jets? How many INT's? How many did they give up to us?

You assume that the Bills can exploit another team's shortcomings when they have yet to demonstrate that ability.

colin
10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE!!!

i dunno, zona is a monster home team and the way to beat them is to keep the ball away and win the turnover battle.

if we can
-- go 4-2 in the division
-- beat clevland at home
-- beat san fran at home

then we have 10 wins.

aside from that we are @kc, @denver, and hosting SD after the bye.
going 1-2 over those games and we would have 11 wins.

now, i agree our d was putrid against zona, but that was a worst case scenario for us and hopefully a wake up call.

if we beat SD after the bye, and we 1 start running the ball more consistently, 2 our d gets its ass out of its head, then i think we have a real shot at 12 wins.

12 wins will get us the division, and possibly a first round bye.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 09:37 AM
WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE!!!

i dunno, zona is a monster home team and the way to beat them is to keep the ball away and win the turnover battle.

if we can
-- go 4-2 in the division
-- beat clevland at home
-- beat san fran at home

then we have 10 wins.

aside from that we are @kc, @denver, and hosting SD after the bye.
going 1-2 over those games and we would have 11 wins.

now, i agree our d was putrid against zona, but that was a worst case scenario for us and hopefully a wake up call.

if we beat SD after the bye, and we 1 start running the ball more consistently, 2 our d gets its ass out of its head, then i think we have a real shot at 12 wins.

12 wins will get us the division, and possibly a first round bye.
:bf1: But noooo the team now sucks, didnt' OP/and Onyx send you the memo? :rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
10-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Jesus, we lose one game and some of you act like it's the end of the world, or at least our season. I would really hate to be in any sort of venture - sports, business, or whatever - with some of you when all you can do is ***** any time there is adversity.

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 09:39 AM
once again, other teams shortcomings have NOT been shortcomings when they played us. How many sacks did Arizona give up to the Jets? How many INT's? How many did they give up to us?when they played us? "we swept the jets WHEN THEY PLAYED US" or does that not count because Farve is now a different team. Oh wait the bills are a different team too.

You assume that the Bills can exploit another team's shortcomings when they have yet to demonstrate that ability.WRONG! We have proven to exploit offenses that were better than the browns. Every team we've beaten is better than the browns offensively.

MY assumptions are backed up by facts. Yours isn't. The seashawks,raiders and jags have better offenses than the browns and we beat them.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 09:42 AM
:bf1: But noooo the team now sucks, didnt' OP/and Onyx send you the memo? :rolleyes:

the team sucked before the Arizona game. It just wasn't as obvious because the level of competition was sub-par.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
when they played us? "we swept the jets WHEN THEY PLAYED US" or does that not count because Farve is now a different team. Oh wait the bills are a different team too.

WRONG! We have proven to exploit offenses that were better than the browns. Every team we've beaten is better than the browns offensively.

MY assumptions are backed up by facts. Yours isn't. The seashawks,raiders and jags have better offenses than the browns and we beat them.

the Browns have a different style of offense and know how to exploit the Bills' D because it was exposed by Arizona.

But hey, there are those specifics that you always choose to ignore.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 10:40 AM
the Browns have a different style of offense and know how to exploit the Bills' D because it was exposed by Arizona.

When did we play the Browns?

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 10:48 AM
When did we play the Browns?

we haven't.

I said the Browns were going to beat the Bills and justa's arguing with me about it.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 10:52 AM
we haven't.

I said the Browns were going to beat the Bills and justa's arguing with me about it.
As well he should. The browns suck Dick and it is a Monday night home game. Bank that for the Bills.. Sure we could lose but anyone in their right mind would expect the Bills to win that one.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 10:56 AM
As well he should. The browns suck Dick and it is a Monday night home game. Bank that for the Bills.. Sure we could lose but anyone in their right mind would expect the Bills to win that one.

why?

We can't stop big receivers like Edwards. This team blew two night games last year and lost to Cleveland last year- until they prove they can do it differently, we have no reason to believe they can.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 10:59 AM
why?

We can't stop big receivers like Edwards. This team blew two night games last year and lost to Cleveland last year- until they prove they can do it differently, we have no reason to believe they can.
Bank on it.

tat2dmike77
10-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I knew this would happen. Everyone jumping up and down in excitement to come prove how right they were about this team.

But everyone makes excuses when the pats loose. Oh they had cassell oh they just played a bad game so on and so on. But when the Bills get beat everyone jumps on board saying see i knew this team sucked. They have beaton a bunch of noones. Yet when other team beat the teams they should beat they call it dominance.

Don't forget the Cards are a good team and they are at the same spot we are. Looking for a playoff spot and playing hard. Oh wait all of you "experts" will tell me the cards suck look what they did against the jets. Well if that is your logic then i guess the Pats suck to. I mean look what they did against the Lolphins. You can't have it both ways. And please don't give me that look what they did last year crap about the pats. That was last year and in the nfl talking about last year and 7 dollars will buy you a beer at the game.

tat2dmike77
10-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Did you watch that game?

Last time i checked it was a four quarter game and in order to win you have to play all four quarters.

So let me ask you this OP was the comeback game against houston a bad game? Even though the Bills won they were getting stomped. But by your logic it would be considered a bad game right?

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Last time i checked it was a four quarter game and in order to win you have to play all four quarters.

So let me ask you this OP was the comeback game against houston a bad game? Even though the Bills won they were getting stomped. But by your logic it would be considered a bad game right?

yeah it was a bad game.

We got thoroughly stomped for two+ quarters and it took a feat that has never been equaled in the NFL to overcome that crappy start. What does that tell you?

You totally missed the point. I'm only going to say it one more time. Playing bad for 2 or 3 quarters then making up for it in the 4th will beat Oakland and St. Louis. It may beat KC and SF. It won't beat anyone else on our schedule. Other than the opener, this team has yet to put together 4 solid quarters. 1 quarter won't be enough to beat the other teams in our division.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 12:21 PM
yeah it was a bad game.

We got thoroughly stomped for two+ quarters and it took a feat that has never been equaled in the NFL to overcome that crappy start. What does that tell you?

You totally missed the point. I'm only going to say it one more time. Playing bad for 2 or 3 quarters then making up for it in the 4th will beat Oakland and St. Louis. It may beat KC and SF. It won't beat anyone else on our schedule. Other than the opener, this team has yet to put together 4 solid quarters. 1 quarter won't be enough to beat the other teams in our division.
No you missed the point. You have no idea what will happen against divisional teams until we play them.

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
No you missed the point. You have no idea what will happen against divisional teams until we play them.
Psh, you're the clueless one here, we know exactly what happens when playing a divisional team. When playing a divisional foe in Madden the A.I. gets turned up; if you didn't know, now you know.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 12:27 PM

no one does. Using that logic, you may as well put ESPN, Fox and CBS on dead air from 11-1 on Sundays because all they do is make predictions about games where they have no idea what will happen.

I can look at what they've done and what we've done and make a pretty reasonable prediction, and that's what I'm doing here. Since you have no valid response and I'm saying something you don't want to hear, you're challenging the notion of making predictions in general rather than addressing my points.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Psh, you're the clueless one here, we know exactly what happens when playing a divisional team. When playing a divisional foe in Madden the A.I. gets turned up; if you didn't know, now you know.
Oh thanks for setting me straight!!!

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
no one does. Using that logic, you may as well put ESPN, Fox and CBS on dead air from 11-1 on Sundays because all they do is make predictions about games where they have no idea what will happen.

I advocate doing this yes...

MDFINFAN
10-07-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't get some of you guys, you beat who you were suppose to beat, had one bad game, most of you predict to split with the Pats who lost 38-13 to us, was that their one bad game, and then they beat the 49ers after the bye, which is where you guys are, like us, you have 2 weeks to prepare for SD... I'd still like your record....4-1 or 5-1 at this point of the season... The games within the division are harder because the teams know each other so well.. so that's where's it's unpredictable, but you team has been built right, they should do well.. The phins are still learning, we're where you were last year at this time.. the Jets aren't that strong as we play them to the last play of the game.. and the pats are beatable as we proved..

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't get some of you guys, you beat who you were suppose to beat, had one bad game, most of you predict to split with the Pats who lost 38-13 to us, was that their one bad game, and then they beat the 49ers after the bye, which is where you guys are, like us, you have 2 weeks to prepare for SD... I'd still like your record....4-1 or 5-1 at this point of the season... The games within the division are harder because the teams know each other so well.. so that's where's it's unpredictable, but you team has been built right, they should do well.. The phins are still learning, we're where you were last year at this time.. the Jets aren't that strong as we play them to the last play of the game.. and the pats are beatable as we proved..
Some of these people are just are very edgy bandwagon jumpers. There is no way to predict how they will react to anything.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Some of these people are just are very edgy bandwagon jumpers. There is no way to predict how they will react to anything.

There's only one way to react to a loss.

tat2dmike77
10-07-2008, 03:02 PM

Well then i guess every team except the Titans suck because they all have a loss.

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 03:12 PM

I agree they have diferent style of game . They suck. They are not the same team they were last year and neither are we.

Talk about ignoring specifics. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 03:14 PM
This team blew two night games last year and lost to Cleveland last year- until they prove they can do it differently, we have no reason to believe they can.

So if you're basing outcomes based on last year, we should sweep the jets and fins? BY your logic "until they prove they can do it differently, we have no reason to believe they can." Agreed?

but wait, you have the fins sweeping us and the jets splitting with us.

LOl. You're all over the place OP that you can't even agree with yourself.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Sure being upset, not writing off any and all future games. That is what a crazy person does.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
So if you're basing outcomes based on last year, we should sweep the jets and fins? BY your logic until they prove differently, we should breeze by them then. Agreed?
Op just HATES man! HATE HATE HATE.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:21 PM
So if you're basing outcomes based on last year, we should sweep the jets and fins? BY your logic until they prove differently, we should breeze by them then. Agreed?

but wait, you have the fins sweeping us and the jets splitting with us.

LOl. You're all over the place OP that you can't even agree with yourself.

Nope.

Those teams made wholesale changes.

Our offense is practically the same. Our D is the same except for 3 guys. Our coaching staff is the same except for one guy.

Also, those teams have played in games yet, so there is information from THIS year to factor in. When it comes to playing night games or playing games under pressure, our team hasn't done it yet, so last year's data is all we have.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Sure being upset, not writing off any and all future games. That is what a crazy person does.

Short-sighted.

You think I'm basing it SOLELY on the loss.

You're forgetting that we played poorly in 3 of our 4 wins.

But go ahead and put your head in the sand and pretend this is just me overreacting. That way, you don't have to face the reality that this team is not nearly as good as 4-1 indicates and is in for a rough month.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Short-sighted.

You think I'm basing it SOLELY on the loss.

Well since you were on the Bills are great bandwagon last week. Yes you are basing it SOLELY on the loss.

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Nope.

Those teams made wholesale changes.

Our offense is practically the same. Our D is the same except for 3 guys. Our coaching staff is the same except for one guy.

Also, those teams have played in games yet, so there is information from THIS year to factor in. When it comes to playing night games or playing games under pressure, our team hasn't done it yet, so last year's data is all we have.

:rofl: they made wholesale changes and we didn't? OP I have FACTS, we beat teams better than the browns. I know you hate facts that prove your so called logic wrong.

We can't beat the browns or win night games based on last year but we can't beat the fins and jets based on last year either?

You make crap up as you go along. Hilarious.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Well since you were on the Bills are great bandwagon last week. Yes you are basing it SOLELY on the loss.

actually, no I wasn't.

You're making that up. Just because I wasn't complaining quite as much as usual doesn't mean I was on the bandwagon.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:32 PM
:rofl: they made wholesale changes and we didn't? OP I have FACTS, we beat teams better than the browns. I know you hate facts that prove your so called logic wrong.

You have facts that we beat teams better than the Browns.

Your facts do not figure in specific personnel of the Browns. Your facts do not figure in that the teams we beat did not have the luxury of seeing the Cardinals expose this D. Your facts do not figure in the pressure factor of playing a night game, and I have facts that this group of players has struggled in that situation.

Your facts are incomplete and you refuse to address any facts that refute your predetermined conclusion.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:32 PM
actually, no I wasn't.

You're making that up. Just because I wasn't complaining quite as much as usual doesn't mean I was on the bandwagon.
Wow.... Hilarious post guys!!!! :bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:33 PM

Your facts do not figure in specific personnel of the Browns. Your facts do not figure in that the teams we beat did not have the luxury of seeing the Cardinals expose this D. Your facts do not figure in the pressure factor of playing a night game, and I have facts that this group of players has struggled in that situation.

Your facts are incomplete and you refuse to address any facts that refute your predetermined conclusion.
So the Browns are better than the Bills? I am confused...

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 03:33 PM

Your facts are incomplete and you refuse to address any facts that refute your predetermined conclusion.and you're the expert to figure out personnel match ups. Riiiight .

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 03:34 PM
according to OP ,yes. Based on last year. :snicker: but last year does not count when talking about the fins and jets. :roflmao:

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:35 PM
according to OP ,yes. Based on last year. :snicker: but last year does not count when talking about the fins and jets. :roflmao:
I really am confused, but as HAMMER said I have a big head but mostly filled with beer not brains... :ill:

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM

Define "better". Statistically, they are not. In terms of matchups, they pose a big problem, plus we have the night game factor working against us.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
OP really just hates to hate!!! A weird existance.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:39 PM

ignorant.

The most recent data counts. For the Fins and Jets, the most recent data is THIS year, not last year. For the Bills in night games and pressure situations, last year counts because it's all we have. If there were more recent information, it would supercede it, but there isn't.

The Browns have struggled this year, which bodes well for Buffalo, but it's not going to negate the matchup problem they present or the night game factor.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Define "better". Statistically, they are not. In terms of matchups, they pose a big problem, plus we have the night game factor working against us.
How on EARTH could a home Monday night game be a "night game factor working against us"??? One of the most idiotic things I have heard in awhile.

Did we lose 2 night games last year? Of course. Did we play 2 of the best teams in the NFL in those 2 games? Yes we did. Would we have had a chance in the Dallas game had it not been an electric atmosphere at the ralph that day? I HIGHLY doubt it.

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 03:48 PM
The Browns have struggled this year, which bodes well for Buffalo, but it's not going to negate the matchup problem they present or the night game factor.
Like I said, you're the match up expert.

How's this for match up.... we beat teams better than browns therefore we match up well against them.
Wait, the match up only counts as long as it agrees with your opinion. Gotcha.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:49 PM
How on EARTH could a home Monday night game be a "night game factor working against us"??? One of the most idiotic things I have heard in awhile.

Did we lose 2 night games last year? Of course. Did we play 2 of the best teams in the NFL in those 2 games? Yes we did. Would we have had a chance in the Dallas game had it not been an electric atmosphere at the ralph that day? I HIGHLY doubt it.

when was the last time this team won a night game, home or away? Last year, practically the same group of players blew it twice in night games- an epic collapse and a total blowout. The more people that watch, the worse this team looks. They have yet to demonstrate the ability to deal with that kind of pressure. Night games are not- and never have been- an advantage for the Bills. That electricity you discuss didn't make a damn bit of difference against the Pats and it didn't matter in the end against Dallas.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Like I said, you're the match up expert.

How's this for match up.... we beat teams better than browns therefore we match up well against them.
Wait, the match up only counts as long as it agrees with your opinion. Gotcha.

again, ignoring specifics.

On paper, the teams we beat are better than the Browns, but those numbers don't account for the way their SPECIFIC players and style match up with OUR specific players.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
when was the last time this team won a night game, home or away? Last year, practically the same group of players blew it twice in night games- an epic collapse and a total blowout. The more people that watch, the worse this team looks. They have yet to demonstrate the ability to deal with that kind of pressure. Night games are not- and never have been- an advantage for the Bills. That electricity you discuss didn't make a damn bit of difference against the Pats and it didn't matter in the end against Dallas.
When is the last time we have had a good team? I may have to put you on ignore if you seriously think having a home monday night game is a factor against the Bills. It is ridiculous.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
When is the last time we have had a good team? I may have to put you on ignore if you seriously think having a home monday night game is a factor against the Bills. It is ridiculous.

you make the faulty assumption that we have a good team. So far, all we've done is beat bad teams. We did that quite well last year and it got us to 7-9. Until this team proves they can handle the pressure of a game that's on TV nationwide, then it's ridiculous NOT to count it as a factor against them.