PDA

View Full Version : Fewell is just like Fairchild

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 05:39 PM
He is too stubborn to change his limited gameplan and make adjustments and he shows no faith in putting his players in situations like some bump and run and trusting that they can make a play. How the hell are these guys supposed to learn if you don't put them in this situation. Our number draft choice this year was one of the best bump and run shutdown corners in College last year. He gameplanned like a little sissy yesterday, no balls at all.

shelby
10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
This is the first game this season i haven't seen adjustments after the half....i don't necessarily think Fewell is too stubborn, but i do question his playcalling yesterday.

zone
10-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Yup, he tried to play conservative, when it was clearly proven that disruption is Warner's kryptonite.

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 05:47 PM
This is the first game this season i haven't seen adjustments after the half....i don't necessarily think Fewell is too stubborn, but i do question his playcalling yesterday.

You can't coach lining up in the neutral zone 5 times, that has to come from within.

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 05:56 PM
This is the first game this season i haven't seen adjustments after the half.....
That's one game too many, we can't afford him to have brain cramps like that. he needs to be on his A-game every game. He clearly was in over his head yesterday and soundly outcoached. He's not a rookie DC anymore.

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 05:57 PM
That's why he reminded me of Fairchild because he would do the same thing. Just sit there and let his players get pounded the whole game instead of putting them in better situations.

shelby
10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, let's go kick his ass!
:D

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Well, let's go kick his ass!
:D
:hi5::box::flex:

Nighthawk
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I agree, Fewell was awful yesterday and it killed us. He is the weak link on this staff.

Billiever86
10-06-2008, 09:39 PM
he gave the deep ball WAY TOO MUCH RESPECT....which is very frustrating...because you have to gamble when you play good offenses anyways....you cant play it safe like that...

LABillsFan
10-06-2008, 11:19 PM
If you listened to Jauron's presser, he addressed this. That line either needs tweaking or stunts we haven't seen need to be figured out because there is very little pressure.

BillsOwnAll
10-06-2008, 11:39 PM
1 bad game....fire his ass....your redic.

Griff
10-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Yup, he tried to play conservative, when it was clearly proven that disruption is Warner's kryptonite.

even when we blitzed we couldn't get in his face. Except for that pop Mitchell gave him Warner was feeling like Brady, all day long.

Oaf
10-07-2008, 01:20 AM
If you listened to Jauron's presser, he addressed this. That line either needs tweaking or stunts we haven't seen need to be figured out because there is very little pressure.
What he say specifically about our pass rush?

PECKERWOOD
10-07-2008, 04:33 AM
I wonder what kinda cheesy lingo the media and Bills fans alike will use when they comment on Fewell after he gets fired. " Fewell didn't have enough FUEL to get the job done in Buffalo. " " Fewell's defense made too FEW OF plays. "

jamze132
10-07-2008, 05:14 AM
1 bad game....fire his ass....your redic.
What about the past 2 seasons? His defenses have always ended up in the bottom tier of the league. I think Dick needs to find someone knew to be a DC. I would rather just let the players do what they want to do out there. I bet they blitz the crap out of the opposing team.

How many times per game do you think Poz gets the call from his helmet, tells the guys what the play is, and they all say ****?

zone
10-07-2008, 09:45 AM
What about the past 2 seasons? His defenses have always ended up in the bottom tier of the league. I think Dick needs to find someone knew to be a DC. I would rather just let the players do what they want to do out there. I bet they blitz the crap out of the opposing team.

How many times per game do you think Poz gets the call from his helmet, tells the guys what the play is, and they all say ****?
Boy I would love to see what Dick LeBeau could have done with this D. Why would we ever let him get away!

mchurchfie
10-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Fewell is too passive on third downs. It showed in the last couple of years, we were at the bottom on 3rd down conversions. I thought that we had fixed that problem this year because we were being much more creative and aggressive and it showed because we were at the top in this area coming into this game. Last Sunday he went right back into his conservative, no balls, shell again. It was like last year all over again except this time he couldn't use the excuse that all he had was backups playing.