PDA

View Full Version : Order of need

Yasgur's Farm
10-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Next offseason...

1) DL - 2 or 3 - These guys are old.
2) OL - 2 or 3 - Starting from the Center and working out. Terrible interior and maybe Peters too.
3) LB - 1 - Need to replace Crowell
4) QB - 1 - Gonna need a solid #2 unless we re-sign JP. Say what you want, but #2's don't come any better than JP.
5) CB - 1 - We may need some height... Depends on the development of McLovin and Youboty. Pass rush would help.
6) TE - 1 - We got a tree that drops like a daisy. Maybe Fine and Schoumen can step it up.

On the other hand... We're solid at...

1) WR
2) RB
3) S

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Center
DE
Guard
OLB
#2 QB

Nighthawk
10-06-2008, 07:01 PM
We need a Center, another good LB (prefer an athletic LB that can get to the QB) and we NEED a pass rusher! But really, who cares about that now when we still have an entire season to play and are sitting at 4-1? I don't want to know what they need in the offseason, but I do want to know what they need to do during the bye week to get better for the stretch run!

The Jokeman
10-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Next offseason...

1) DL - 2 or 3 - These guys are old.
2) OL - 2 or 3 - Starting from the Center and working out. Terrible interior and maybe Peters too.
3) LB - 1 - Need to replace Crowell
4) QB - 1 - Gonna need a solid #2 unless we re-sign JP. Say what you want, but #2's don't come any better than JP.
5) CB - 1 - We may need some height... Depends on the development of McLovin and Youboty. Pass rush would help.
6) TE - 1 - We got a tree that drops like a daisy. Maybe Fine and Schoumen can step it up.

On the other hand... We're solid at...

1) WR
2) RB
3) S
1) I think we need a starting DT to play next to Stroud. Specifically a one gap pentrator. As Kyle Williams should not be starting and the only time I remember seeing John McCargo yesterday was on the sidelines and can't remember Spencer Johnson making any plays in the preseason or regular season this far.

2)A veteran #2 WR. I'm not ready to dismiss Hardy yet but a proven #2 target for the outside would make the entire offense better as allow Reed to stay in the slot. A younger version of a Mushin Muhammed would be nice.

3) Crowell/OLB While don't feel he was a Pro Bowler last year think he's leap and bounds the best LB we have on this team and if lose him in free agency it could be tough replacing him.

4)RG/OC I felt in the preseason that Butler might be the veteran we'd be calling to find a replacement for and lord knows Melvin Fowler is already a whipping boy.

5)Veteran #2 QB. I already posted on another thread that this might be harder to find then thought.

DrGraves
10-06-2008, 07:15 PM
We need to go out and get some experienced/ dominant pass rushers via free agency, and then draft the best center in the draft.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Here's a concept...worry about the remaining 11 games and see what happens to the players currently on the roster in terms of play and injury...who knows...half of them might buy a winning NY lottery ticket and skip the country never to be heard from again.

:rolleyes:

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-06-2008, 07:33 PM
The guy that said Kyle Williams hasnt done anything is out of his mind. He has played GREAT so far aside from Arizona, but who played good in that game?

New Ro's Greatest
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
TE- Royal sucks flat out!

SLB-Spikes from florida or Curry from WF would be awesome additions

DE- Best available to put with Ellis

DT-Best available to put in McCargo spot

QB- Chase Daniel anyone. He is short but so productive.

GO BILLS:D:

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 07:48 PM
QB - A real back-up.

C

Oaf
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
How come no one sees how badly we need a capable TE in this offense?

I'm thinking
C, TE, OLB, and DE. If we could just somehow get an OLB in round 3 that could start as well as upgraded starters at C and TE, I'd be very happy.

bigbub2352
10-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Center- Folwer is a joke
Guard-we need a road grader Butler looks weak
DE- Schobel and Kelsay and Denney are getting hard to swollow and at a combine 15 mil a year for the 3 of them we need instant upgrades here
FB- if we r gonna use one we need a real one
TE- Shockingly bad production here would be Trents best friend
WR- We could use another playmaker
DT-McCargo is a joke would luv another big body
LB-Number 1 priority in Draft
Backup QB-Losman is a joke

OpIv37
10-06-2008, 08:38 PM
btw, I agree that we need an upgrade for Royal, but I've given up on the idea of ever getting a decent TE. I think the last good ones we had were McKellar and Metzalaars. All the post-Levy coaches and GM's seem to agree on one thing and one thing only: TE's are useless.

yordad
10-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I can't answer this question after that game. It would be too long.

I don't think I think the sky is falling, but I think I think it feels like it right now.

Sportsuser101
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Kyle Williams has played very well this year and Johnson has been a more then solid backup in the rotation. DT were fine.