PDA

View Full Version : Can you really say that Peters deserves more money right now???

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 10:29 PM
He is still missing blocks and looks a little lost here and there. Personally I think his little vacation to get a contract early is going to cost him more than he planned. I personally could not endorse a raise, not now anyways. He looks like he just started playing the position and he's a step behind, it's all too obvious.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-06-2008, 10:33 PM
He is still missing blocks and looks a little lost here and there. Personally I think his little vacation to get a contract early is going to cost him more than he planned. I personally could not endorse a raise, not now anyways. He looks like he just started playing the position and he's a step behind, it's all too obvious.

Damn skooby twice in 1 week. lol. Im agreed no way he gets a raise now.

clumping platelets
10-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Wrong forum?

LABillsFan
10-06-2008, 11:14 PM
No, especially if the Bills should want to upgrade the line for next year. Personally, I'd rather get a complete solid line rather than a overpaid, overweight wanna be LT. How that can happen, I don't know. Just my opinion.

CUHATIN
10-07-2008, 02:25 AM
He dont derserve a raise right now!!

LtFinFan66
10-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Peters deserves more money!!

Yep, I did it. Any other challenges Skoobs:idunno:

jamze132
10-07-2008, 05:19 AM

Yep, I did it. Any other challanges Skoobs:idunno:

:lol:

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 05:36 AM

Yep, I did it. Any other challenges Skoobs:idunno:

:drama:

Mitchy moo
10-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Well??

DynaPaul
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
He really would have made his case had he come to training camp and dominated at his position. No doubt he would have gotten an extension like Lee Evans just did. Instead, he held out and looks like crap. There's no way he can justify getting that raise now. If I were Peters I'd fire my agent.

Mitchy moo
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
He really would have made his case had he come to training camp and dominated at his position. No doubt he would have gotten an extension like Lee Evans just did. Instead, he held out and looks like crap. There's no way he can justify getting that raise now. If I were Peters I'd fire my agent.

& go on a freaking diet. Mighty taco, Mighty Taco.........no,no......

Confused
10-08-2008, 09:22 PM
He is a liability. Trents noggin will be sore for the rest of the season, and defenders will know this. what will they do? either blow past that revolving door we call a center, or attack from the blind side. Bench his ass and put Bell in. at least he'll try his hardest. we arent getting 100% from peters.

Typ0
10-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I wasn't sure he deserved it before.

feldspar
10-08-2008, 10:20 PM
He looks like he just started playing the position

...as opposed to just starting playing the position less than 2 years ago?

Not to toot my own horn, but these people that were saying "just pay the man" during the holdout really got under my skin. He wanted top money after only playing the LT position for a year-and-a-half his entire life? No...you tell him to keep up the good work, and THEN he'll be rewarded.

Being that there was 3 years left on his contract, there is no way the Bills had to gamble on the idea that one Pro Bowl year was going to be the norm. Not only that, but Peters only dominated in half of his duties last year: pass-blocking. And we threw the ball less than any other team in the league last year. Peters wasn't even the best run-blocker on the team.

On top of that, the holdout itself showed us some bad character traits that you don't like to see. If Peters was smart, he would have shown up to all mandatory AND non-mandatory practices in order to make himself into the best player he could be. Instead, he interrupted the continuity of our offensive line and showed little faith in us, not realizing that this is a two-way street.

We've shown that we will reward players with new contracts that we feel deserve it. He should have known that, as we just recently restructured HIS contract. If he was not in football shape in the four games he played as a result of his holdout, that's his own fault, and it only worked against his cause, which is to have MORE money.

He can sit on it, because his potential new contract depends on how he plays NOW, which is what I've said since the beginning of his holdout. He can only prove consistency over time, and he needs to do this if he wants the big bucks.

But, seriously, he ain't starving to death. He should take a lesson from Lee Evans, who was underpaid but kept his mouth shut about it.

Slim
10-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I think he'll start playing better after the bye.

ServoBillieves
10-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't think that anyone thinks he deserves it. He's nowhere near where he needs to be. If he had shown up and earned it like a true professional, then most certainly.

thenry20
10-09-2008, 02:05 AM

I'm sure management were genuinely interested in re-structuring his contract but I'd put a serious halt to those plans until he makes the PB or plays at that level. Otherwise, he will have to make his case on the field next year and hope he's in camp and in shape when the season starts.

X-Era
10-09-2008, 06:25 AM

Yes