PDA

View Full Version : Henry to field questions live at 12:30 et

Romes
04-30-2003, 11:01 AM
www.buffalobills.com

Henry will be answering questions from the media at 12:30 et. It will probably be all cliches about how he will accept the competition and how he looks forward to playing with McGahee but it could be interesting

Tatonka
04-30-2003, 11:05 AM
i have been waiting for this.. i hope they post the press conference audio live.. i really want to hear the tone in his voice.. if he is just reciting lines that were fed to him or if he means what he says..

Romes
04-30-2003, 11:06 AM
it should be live there is a link on the front page of buffalobills.com to the feed

Tatonka
04-30-2003, 11:35 AM
sounded like they sat him down and said deal with it to me.

Tatonka
04-30-2003, 11:37 AM
he also stated that he "tried to ignore" what the other players were calling and saying..

he said that he would still sign the extension at this point, even if he knew WM was coming to town.

he basically gave all the right answers.. he said he was the starter, and he was going to do everything in his power to keep that job, but he can only control what he can do. he said his goals this offseason are to go to the playoffs and win a sb..

Gunzlingr
04-30-2003, 11:40 AM
It must have been darn short! I logged in, and it said it would begin shortly, then it stalled, and upon reconnect, said it was being archived!

Mr. Miyagi
04-30-2003, 12:24 PM
It's an 8 minute interview. Here's my version of a summary:

1) He was shocked on Draft Day when they took McGahee. He couldn't understand why they didn't take a defensive guy in the 1st round.

2) Regarding the "slap in the face" comment, it was an initial emotional response. After having talked to the coaches, he felt much better about the situation.

3) He's not afraid to have to compete for the job again, even though he already won out last season. It'd only make the football team better.

4) He did not believe that his fumbling last season was the reason they took WM. He felt that they just took the best player available at that point.

5) The starter job was his job and it's up to everyone else to try to take it from him.

6) His goals for next season: playoffs, SuperBowl, ProBowl.

7) Some teammates have contacted him to show their support.

8) He would not be attending the Bills' minicamp this weekend due to some prior commitment (own football camp).

9) It would not be awkward when both he and WM are together in training camp. He felt that WM and him have a mutual respect for each other.

Dozerdog
04-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Great to hear!

If I were TH, (and I know I'm not- the only thing we have in common is that we are both from planet Earth) I would shake McGahee's hand, crack a joke- and tell him "May the best man win". They will both be multi Millionaires when all is said and done, regardless of outcome.

Then I would get Tonya Harding's telephone number

Captain gameboy
04-30-2003, 12:35 PM
I think he can control his fumbling problem, because he would do it lunging for the extra yard. I also believe solving the problem will cost him a half yard on per carry avg. There will be a trade off.
He's a great back, never goes down on the first hit, but he doesn't have the raw speed and get-away-ability of a healthy McGahee.
Additionally, the pass receiving ability of McGahee has yet to be quanitfied, but might be anoather component of interest based- on his workout.
I actually believe the difference between Lindall/Hollis will have more of an impact on our record this year that WM vs. TH.
Having too much of something aint a problem-yet.

justasportsfan
04-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Great to hear!

If I were TH, (and I know I'm not- the only thing we have in common is that we are both from planet Earth) I would shake McGahee's hand, crack a joke- and tell him "May the best man win". They will both be multi Millionaires when all is said and done, regardless of outcome.

Then I would get Tonya Harding's telephone number

:lol:

lordofgun
04-30-2003, 12:48 PM
I think this is the first time I've ever heard Henry interviewed. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-30-2003, 01:55 PM
i think TD might have hand his hand up his butt doing the puppet act, personally..

i could be wrong.. but he still didnt sound all that happy.. but he is a pro... and he will handle it like a man from this point on.

Throne Logic
04-30-2003, 02:09 PM
For all the hype, TH is still the starter this year, regardless of what happens to WM. The only way this becomes an issue is if Henry struggles this year AND WM makes a full recovery in time to get some productive playing time THIS year.

I think TH's starting job is safe for the next year and one-half, at least.

TypicalBill
04-30-2003, 02:18 PM
in case someone missed it..click here (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=178830) for the full interview in text.

Tatonka
04-30-2003, 09:55 PM
so what do others think about this?

Tatonka
05-01-2003, 12:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/story?id=1547329#

there is a video link for one of travis's quotes on the left and side, down a bit.

imbondz
05-01-2003, 12:34 AM
My favorite thing he said was this-

"Drafting him (Willis McGahee) is only going to make this team better. I can't wait for him to arrive so that we can get to know each other and just make each other better."

Whether he meant it or not, it's a classy thing to say. Every player should feel that way.

Tatonka
05-01-2003, 07:54 AM
he kept saying over and over.. best available athlete... make this team better.. competition..

sounded to me a bit like donahoe was pulling the strings behind the stage.