PDA

View Full Version : Who's better Moulds or Evans?

X-Era
10-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Who is/was better?

Moulds in his prime or Evans right now?

I honestly take Evans.

I like Moulds a ton, he was a fantastic possession type, he got open, made very tough catches.

But Evans is undefendable on the fly route. If our QB gets time to throw and throws it where he can catch it, he beats his guy deep and gets the ball, almost always for a TD.

Even better, it really doesnt matter who the QB is, he had plenty of those type of plays thrown by JP. (do not hijack this thread on the JP topic).

Moulds got open, and made the catch. He was a great Bills at doing that and a very respected WR.

But Evans has even more to offer, and is so young that the NFL isnt giving him his due respect yet.

Id take Evans.

dannyek71
10-07-2008, 06:40 AM
EM. Moulds was once a top 5 reciever. Lee will never be that

CUHATIN
10-07-2008, 06:44 AM
I say Moulds!!

mybills
10-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Moulds. Gotta see Lee make huge blocks and one handed catches....

don137
10-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I'd take Andre Reed over both of them but I think EM in his prime was a better than Evans.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2008, 08:02 AM
I honestly don't know, but I do know they would be great together. The big, strong guy with hands, and the smaller, faster guy with hands.

soapman
10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
EM in his prime. Bigger, stronger, just as fast and vastly SUPERIOR hands compared to LE.

Mercy
10-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Moulds is a god.

billser
10-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Evans....too smooth and theres nnooo way moulds was as fast or as quick as Lee

zone
10-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Not even close E. Moulds in his prime was unstoppable, They are 2 different types of receivers though. Evans is not going to out muscle you. Moulds had speed, size, and strength.

zone
10-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I honestly don't know, but I do know they would be great together. The big, strong guy with hands, and the smaller, faster guy with hands.

They were, Moulds wanted to leave for a contender, great choice. Honestly at the time he left he was fading real fast.

DrGraves
10-07-2008, 10:25 AM
moulds, lee on catches 3 balls a game. eric was thrown too all game long.

BuffRanger
10-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Moulds. Not even close. Moulds could run all different kinds of routes. Evans runs straight down the field.

Historian
10-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Evans.

Moulds had concentration problems early on, was the best in the league for maybe two yerars, then lived on his reputation the rest of his career.

Evans is an extrordinary talent that comes along once in a generation.

mybills
10-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Moulds had concentration problems early on, was the best in the league for maybe two yerars, then lived on his reputation the rest of his career.

:rock: the question was "in his prime".

tat2dmike77
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I'd take Andre Reed over both of them but I think EM in his prime was a better than Evans.

Neither one of them can hold Andres jock

ajsdx
10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Evans is an extrordinary talent that comes along once in a generation.

Unless this is a sarcastic response to some other debate, there's no way this is true. I love Evans as much as the next Bills fan, but he and Steve Smith are essentially equivalent talents (some would argue that Smith is better), and they are definitely in the same generation.

Evans has never even been the best WR in the league for any one year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
E.Moulds

justasportsfan
10-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Evans hasn't hit his peak yet and Moulds was a victim of bad coaching and playing for a bad organization. Hard to say just yet.

I would give the advantage to Moulds. He knew how to spit at a dolphins face.

casdhf
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Moulds never played with a real QB. Too bad he wasn't 10 years younger.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Moulds was a more complete receiver.

Jaybird
10-07-2008, 05:01 PM
E Moulds
Imagine his numbers if he played with a good QB for more then a season!

Mudflap1
10-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I would say Eric Moulds right now... but I don't think we've seen Evans' best yet. They are two different types of receivers. Moulds was fast, but was a big, strong guy. Evans is a speedster and is smaller. I think Evans could be as good, or better than Moulds eventually. Evans hasn't had good QB play until this year. At least Moulds had Bledsoe during a good Bledsoe year, and Flutie, who took the team to the playoffs twice.

Jon

Night Train
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Moulds is more comparable to Andre Reed in makeup. Evans is much smaller than both but far faster. Plus Evans was far underutilized the last few years, due to the merry go round at QB.

Moulds dropped a ton of easy passes right in his hands but would make some impossible grabs. He was hard to figure. I bet he dropped a good 20 TD's where he was wide open deep or in the end zone with no one around him. He was here 2 years too many, after his injury.

yordad
10-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Unless this is a sarcastic response to some other debate, there's no way this is true. I love Evans as much as the next Bills fan, but he and Steve Smith are essentially equivalent talents (some would argue that Smith is better), and they are definitely in the same generation.

Evans has never even been the best WR in the league for any one year.Maybe once in a franchise's generation. :idunno:

Yasgur's Farm
10-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Neither one of them can hold Andres jockTRUE!!

Yasgur's Farm
10-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Moulds was a more complete receiver.True... To this point in time!

TheBrownBear
10-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Moulds was sick!!! As others have said, if he could have avoided injury and actually played with a decent quarterback he would have been a hall-of-famer. Go back and watch the tapes of the 98' season...best single season in Bills history (for a receiver).

Evans is good and young, but he has a lot to prove.