• Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

9 of 13

and 6 of 6 in the 2nd half...

can anyone name that stat?

Yes, it is our defensive 3rd down attempts allowed. Thats 67 %, whereas before we were allowing less than 1/3 of that. This is a pretty telling statistic. Coupled with the fact that we turned the ball over in our own territory 3 times, this is a recipe for disaster, and disaster struck.

Sorry, this may have already been hashed out but if our D can rebound and step up on 3rd downs the way we have seen before the AZ game, or at least improve on the 67% rate, we will be ok. And if we can NOT give the ball away in our own zone against a pretty darn good offensive team, then we will be even better.

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: 9 of 13

i put this exact same sentiment in my article. 6 of 6 drives were painful. and allowing 60% 3rd down is atrocious.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

As long as Losman is at QB you can guarantee at least one turnover inside our 35 yard line every game. at LEAST one.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Griff
        • Jul 2008

Perry was completely out coached in this game. Who tries bump and run on Fitz? Every person on this messageboard knew that Warner's weakness isn't disruption its pressure. Why did a veteran DC not know that?

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Griff
          Perry was completely out coached in this game. Who tries bump and run on Fitz? Every person on this messageboard knew that Warner's weakness isn't disruption its pressure. Why did a veteran DC not know that?
          Because Fewell is the weak link on this coaching staff. He is probably the most stuborn coach in the NFL. I would have said Fairchild, but he is no longer in the NFL. Funny, the two coaches I just mentioned were part of Dick's original staff. We won't get over the hump until Fewell's fate is the same as Fairchilds.

Comment

• HughC
            • Mar 2008

It was one game, throw it out, it's done. Whether it's a blowout or overtime, it counts the same in the standings. Every team has a crappy game every year. We don't have another west coast game for the rest of the year, that's a good thing; by comparison New England still has three more west coast games to play(advantage: Bills.)

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
              As long as Losman is at QB you can guarantee at least one turnover inside our 35 yard line every game. at LEAST one.
              It was all JP's fault even when the D couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs in the first half when JP was scoring.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
              X