• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

fun bipartisan facts on Losman from the BFLONEWS

"Losman, for the third time in 38 career games, completed 70 percent of his passes and had more than 200 yards in the same contest. His three turnovers against the Cardinals gave him nine (three fumbles, six INTs) over his last five appearances. In 34 games over the past four seasons, he has 29 INTs, 14 lost fumbles and two safeties."

so the stats say he's accurate, yet pretty crappy.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: fun bipartisan facts on Losman from the BFLONEWS

The stats prove what we already know: tons of talent, but no real understanding of the QB position.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

whats your point? He didn't have a perfect game coming of the bench with hardly any snaps with the first unit? If he had a perfect game coming off the bench then he should be the starter. Not even Trent had a perfect game with the entire team playing better vs. weaker teams.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

hmm, sadly Trent did have a perfect game until knocked out. he was 3-3. :-)

At what point do your excuses stop Justa? 133 yards,and one prayer of a throw that had him scrambling even though 2 other receivers were open on that play.

Yeah, i was excited they scored on that play. but on the other snaps where he's waiting for the same play and he's getting sacked or throwing high, or throwing incomplete, how awesome is that play when it doesn't work. It's pretty awful.

you keep asking for more time and more things from losman. I didn't want him to have a perfect game. I wanted him to be the QB you told me he was. A good backup. He did not backup this team at all. He made it worse.

The defense was bad. He made the team worse. he didn't get us into a shootout that some of us thought we'd need to be able to win.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus

At what point do your excuses stop Justa? 133 yards,and one prayer of a throw that had him scrambling even though 2 other receivers were open on that play..
          what excuses do I need? He did the best he could do AS A BACK UP. Again if he played a perfect game he would be better than Trent. Did you see me claim he's better than Trent?

He played a better team that was better than any team Trent faced this season. Thats a fact.

He did the best he could do as a back up with no help from the OL or D. Thats a fact.

Whats up with the wysian logic? remove that prayer of a throw he has nothing? Trents thrown prayer throws to Evans too, so what now?

Why are you trying so hard to make look JP bad as a starter when we've all agreed that Trent is the starter? You're insecurities show.

Actually the D made the team worse. Sad attempt to blame the D's performance on the qb. Pathetic.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• zone
            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
            • Oct 2003

At what point do your excuses stop Justa? 133 yards,and one prayer of a throw that had him scrambling even though 2 other receivers were open on that play.

Yeah, i was excited they scored on that play. but on the other snaps where he's waiting for the same play and he's getting sacked or throwing high, or throwing incomplete, how awesome is that play when it doesn't work. It's pretty awful.

you keep asking for more time and more things from losman. I didn't want him to have a perfect game. I wanted him to be the QB you told me he was. A good backup. He did not backup this team at all. He made it worse.

The defense was bad. He made the team worse. he didn't get us into a shootout that some of us thought we'd need to be able to win.
            Exactly, while they ended up scoring on that play is was a very risky play deep in our own territory. I may be wrong, but when he went over to the sidelines it seemed like the coaches were telling him good job, but don't try that again.
            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
              Exactly, while they ended up scoring on that play is was a very risky play deep in our own territory. I may be wrong, but when he went over to the sidelines it seemed like the coaches were telling him good job, but don't try that again.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• zone
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                what excuses do I need? He did the best he could do AS A BACK UP. Again if he played a perfect game he would be better than Trent. Did you see me claim he's better than Trent?

He played a better team that was better than any team Trent faced this season. Thats a fact.

He did the best he could do as a back up with no help from the OL or D. Thats a fact.

Whats up with the wysian logic? remove that prayer of a throw he has nothing? Trents thrown prayer throws to Evans too, so what now?

Why are you trying so hard to make look JP bad as a starter when we've all agreed that Trent is the starter? You're insecurities show.

Actually the D made the team worse. Sad attempt to blame the D's performance on the qb. Pathetic.
                So when Frank Reich would come in for Kelly and play well enough to win games that made him better than Jimbo? No, that made him prepared to do his job.

Losman was not prepared Sunday to do his job.
                www.blzbus.com

Comment

• zone
                  • Oct 2003

I know that is huge speculation, but that is the vibe I was getting from the body language. Just my opinion though...
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

trap, you should get behind our back up qb instead of wishing he'd fail. If he plays well, we win and Trent will still keep his job and JP will still be gone next year.

If our back up fails, so will our team. Team first before player fans.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Justa, come on. I am not talking about who should or should not be a starter. That's not even on the table. You have been arguing with anyone and everyone that losman as backup is in the best interest of the team. He played incredibly bad.

You are telling me that if any other QB was dropped into that situation they would have done worse? They were down 10 to start the second half. The defense got a stop, and he only got them a field goal. He takes them for a touchdown, that game is within reach.

I'm sick of waiting for this guy to finally come in and prove his worth. If he does it once, he invariably doesn't do it two times. He is not good for this team or for this league. Everyone but you seems to want to know that.

And don't blame the OL. They played exactly the way they've played all year. But Losman misses two things. He doesn't read the defense to make a decision quickly and he has a slow release. It exacerbates the OL's deficiencies.

The defense sucked. Yes. But there times that you just need to get into a shootout and keep up. Losman needs so many perfect scenarios to succeed. He needs time, he needs coaches, he needs a defense. What is he doing to make it any better. is he having long sustained drives so that the defense can play better? Is he smart enough so that the OC can call more complicated schemes? He isn't doing his part.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
                        So when Frank Reich would come in for Kelly and play well enough to win games that made him better than Jimbo? No, that made him prepared to do his job.

Losman was not prepared Sunday to do his job.
                        It's weird, the announcers actually said that when they interviewed Turk, turk said a lot of good things about JP.

Jimbo's team was better than this team both offensively and defensively. Franch Reich came in with a better team. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Losman was not prepared to play a better team than Trent faced this year? No surprise sherlock, even Dick said Jp barely had any snaps. Try again.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

trap, you should get behind our back up qb instead of wishing he'd fail. If he plays well, we win and Trent will still keep his job and JP will still be gone next year.

If our back up fails, so will our team. Team first before player fans.
                          do you comprehend that this isn't about wanting losman to fail? It's about being disappointed that he fails so often. you have a very hard time keeping the facts straight. I'm at the game in arizona. I'm obviously wanting the team to win. So don't try that nonsense.

Losman can't get it done consistently and that's maddening. you're claim that the cardinals are better than Jacksonville is ludicrious. The bills offense failed the defense and the defense failed the offense. Your blind JP support is going to be your undoing of beinga credible fan.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Can we move this to the JP bashing thread?? The contest for peeing is beginning soon here.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Justa, come on. I am not talking about who should or should not be a starter. That's not even on the table. You have been arguing with anyone and everyone that losman as backup is in the best interest of the team. He played incredibly bad.

You are telling me that if any other QB was dropped into that situation they would have done worse? They were down 10 to start the second half. The defense got a stop, and he only got them a field goal. He takes them for a touchdown, that game is within reach.

I'm sick of waiting for this guy to finally come in and prove his worth. If he does it once, he invariably doesn't do it two times. He is not good for this team or for this league. Everyone but you seems to want to know that.

And don't blame the OL. They played exactly the way they've played all year. But Losman misses two things. He doesn't read the defense to make a decision quickly and he has a slow release. It exacerbates the OL's deficiencies. .
                              101.5 rating with no snaps at practice vs. a team that was better than any team Trent faced? If the Ol played as well as it did all year long why is it we had the worst output by our rb's? Let me guess , it's JP's fault Lynch couldn't run the ball. Give me a break.

JustaThe defense sucked. Yes. But there times that you just need to get into a shootout and keep up. Losman needs so many perfect scenarios to succeed. He needs time, he needs coaches, he needs a defense. What is he doing to make it any better. is he having long sustained drives so that the defense can play better? Is he smart enough so that the OC can call more complicated schemes? He isn't doing his part.

Again even Trent needs a running game. We barely had any and while I'm sure you'll blame that on JP, Turk admitted it was his fault. I'll take turks word over yours.

Anyone with common sense knows it was a total team collapse. It's pathetic to think that the D's performance is the qb's fault.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X