PDA

View Full Version : McCargo not at practice

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:22 AM
He's not at practice and that is unexpected. It's on Chris Brown's blog & he will explain it later why he isn't there, Edwards isn't at practice either.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Are you making the Garcia part up?

Night Train
10-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Jeff Garcia is like 38 . Why would we do that ?

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Are you making the Garcia part up?

It was mentioned on another board that Garcia is trade bait and JP is obviously useless and at the end of his contract, 2 & 2.

McCargo is not at practice either.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2008, 10:26 AM
1. Try to start threads in the correct forum.
2. Don't use thread titles that have nothing in terms of support. I changed it for you.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Jeff Garcia is like 38 . Why would we do that ?

You would think Trent can use a little mentoring as well, it isn't like hanging out with Hamdan is going to move him to the next level nor JP.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2008, 10:28 AM
It was mentioned on another board that Garcia is trade bait and JP is obviously useless and at the end of his contract, 2 & 2.

McCargo is not at practice either.

And Griese is hurt. And Garcia would be useless coming into a new offense at this time of the year. And, just because another board said it, does not make it fact.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:29 AM
1. Try to start threads in the correct forum.
2. Don't use thread titles that have nothing in terms of support. I changed it for you.

I maxed out my posts for BZ, I couldn't even do Trivia today because of it. It's my job to do trivia but I am inhibited from doing it, which makes no sense whatsoever.

If I was street sweeper but had no broom, am I a street sweeper?

hydro
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Skooby lets jump back to reality. JP ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!! (except after this season)

Mitchy moo
And Griese is hurt. And Garcia would be useless coming into a new offense at this time of the year. And, just because another board said it, does not make it fact.

McCargo looks to be expendable and we need to help in a few spots as admitted to by many here. Why not plug some obvious holes during our bye week?

hydro
I maxed out my posts for BZ, I couldn't even do Trivia today because of it. It's my job to do trivia but I am inhibited from doing it, which makes no sense whatsoever.

If I was street sweeper but had no broom, am I a street sweeper?

You think threads like this might have attributed to this restriction? You must ration!

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Skooby lets jump back to reality. JP ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!! (except after this season)

I not as sure of that as you. JP is useless to us now and after this season he is even more useless, why not get some value now for him and bring in a vet backup to help mentor Trent. Garcia has had his bell rung dozens of times and could really put some experience behind our QB line-up.

Bravo82
10-07-2008, 10:33 AM
id be happy to trade mccargo for just about any other center in the league :cool:

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:34 AM
You think threads like this might have attributed to this restriction? You must ration!

A majority of threads I posts see huge action, so the topics must be valid to get acknowledged that much. This is a admitted Rumor and I pointed out that McCargo is MIA, which was not mentioned previously on here.

Ebenezer
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Guys, this thread...nor the discussion of it...fits in this forum.

hydro
10-07-2008, 10:39 AM
I not as sure of that as you. JP is useless to us now and after this season he is even more useless, why not get some value now for him and bring in a vet backup to help mentor Trent. Garcia has had his bell rung dozens of times and could really put some experience behind our QB line-up.

I agree with you but it just doesn't make sense for us to do it. Look at Farve and how long it took him to even be productive in a new offense. And he had ALL camp to be ready. Yet he didn't show up until 4 games into the season. I'm sorry, but bringing in Garcia wouldn't help a lick on the field. Mentoring, who knows, but he wouldn't be a god send as a backup.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
I agree with you but it just doesn't make sense for us to do it. Look at Farve and how long it took him to even be productive in a new offense. And he had ALL camp to be ready. Yet he didn't show up until 4 games into the season. I'm sorry, but bringing in Garcia wouldn't help a lick on the field. Mentoring, who knows, but he wouldn't be a god send as a backup.

Is JP a godsend now?? Fumbling the ball several times in your end and throwing picks can be done by anyone. Any value for dead weight is some weight.

DraftBoy
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Makes no sense at all to trade McCargo at this point, one injury and we are screwed at DT depth wise. Garcia would be a horrible choice to bring in.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Makes no sense at all to trade McCargo at this point, one injury and we are screwed at DT depth wise. Garcia would be a horrible choice to bring in.

What backup besides our current horrible option would be better, Hamdan?

DraftBoy
10-07-2008, 10:52 AM
What backup besides our current horrible option would be better, Hamdan?

Losman is our best option, bringing anybody in now would be suicide for the season. It would take weeks to get a basic comfort level with our system. You can't just drop a QB onto our team with our plays and say ok, go get em!

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Losman is our best option, bringing anybody in now would be suicide for the season. It would take weeks to get a basic comfort level with our system. You can't just drop a QB onto our team with our plays and say ok, go get em!

Having Losman in the game isn't suicide as well?? We can hire outside help and get 3 turnovers anytime we want, I want better.

DraftBoy
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Having Losman in the game isn't suicide as well?? We can hire outside help and get 3 turnovers anytime we want, I want better.

Typical overreaction, forget that he had a good completion percentage, scored two TD's and had zero time. But its all Losman's fault, way to buy into the mass hysteria.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Typical overreaction, forget that he had a good completion percentage, scored two TD's and had zero time. But its all Losman's fault, way to buy into the mass hysteria.

This mass hysteria you speak of is going on 4 years and counting. Way to buy into the JP is OK theory / it's not his fault. Winners don't make excuses, nor do they need to. They have it and the team performs around them.

You cannot say that JP coming in at the beginning of the game was the moment we we're going to lose this game. In my mind, as soon as JP popped on the field the game ended. If it went through my mind, it probably went through a majority of the players minds as well.

Ask Evans who he wants on the field now, JP or Trent. That will give you all the answer's you need.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Ask Evans who he wants on the field now, JP or Trent. That will give you all the answer's you need.

Of course it is Trent.

But that is not the discussion. I bet he would prefer JP over Garcia.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Of course it is Trent.

What changed Evans mind from last season?? Was it actually winning games and having success??

JP is a loser and when he is on the field at anytime, he finds a way to lose. He'll fumble, take sacks and make mistakes that lose the game. We can get that type of production from anyone.

Send JP packing and get some value for him before it's too late.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Anyone who blames JP for Sunday's loss must have been watching with a really bad set of rabbit ears on top of a 9" inch black and white TV set, while drinking really bad booze and snorting kerosene.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Anyone who blames JP for Sunday's loss must have been watching with a really bad set of rabbit ears on top of a 9" inch black and white TV set, while drinking really bad booze and snorting kerosene.

I agree with you except for the bold part. During the game Sunday, there was no such thing as bad booze.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 11:33 AM

4 years of excuses and counting.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2008, 11:41 AM
DT John McCargo had an excused absence for today's practice. It was a personal family reason that pulled him away from team activities.

From his latest blog.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
4 years of excuses and counting.
I am not making excuses. This loss was due to a really bad defensive game plan, no pressure on the QB, stupid penalties and our usual attrocious tackling. Our O-line did its usual putrid job of run blocking and adequate job of pass blocking.

I defy you to name any backup QB in this league who could have won this game under these circumstances.

DraftBoy
10-07-2008, 11:53 AM
This mass hysteria you speak of is going on 4 years and counting. Way to buy into the JP is OK theory / it's not his fault. Winners don't make excuses, nor do they need to. They have it and the team performs around them.

You cannot say that JP coming in at the beginning of the game was the moment we we're going to lose this game. In my mind, as soon as JP popped on the field the game ended. If it went through my mind, it probably went through a majority of the players minds as well.

Oh here we go. Apparently you need a history lesson Skooby. Ive been one of JP's most vocal critics saying he didnt have the smarts to play QB well before it became the "cool thing to do". Nobody is making excuses for him, some of us can just understand that sometimes when your team completely blows it to try and pin it on one guy is rather pathetic.

DraftBoy
10-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I am not making excuses. This loss was due to a really bad defensive game plan, no pressure on the QB, stupid penalties and our usual attrocious tackling. Our O-line did its usual putrid job of run blocking and adequate job of pass blocking.

I defy you to name any backup QB in this league who could have won this game under these circumstances.

Losman Lover! If you dont want JP drawn in quartered you are making excuses for him! Forget the D-line looked like swiss cheese, my dead grandmother could of done a better job covering Fitz, or that our OL couldn't of blocked Lecter on a pass rush. None of that matters.

Yasgur's Farm
10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Can you all drop the Losman thing? The only reason to blame Losman is pure hatred.

The focus of the loss should be...
1) The entire D
2) The entire O-line
3) The coaches

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh here we go. Apparently you need a history lesson Skooby. Ive been one of JP's most vocal critics saying he didnt have the smarts to play QB well before it became the "cool thing to do"

Tacklingdummy and me cracked the water first, check the notes.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Can you all drop the Losman thing? The only reason to blame Losman is pure hatred.

The focus of the loss should be...
1) The entire D
2) The entire O-line
3) The coaches

Just tell me you felt good with Losman behind center coming into the game, that's all I want to hear. Can any of you say that here ??

There is no hate, only reality. We do not win with Losman in a majority of the time. We go 4-0 with Trent in and Losman comes in and we get killed and the exact opposite of all the stats we had for the first 4 games go out the window. The only real thing that changed is JP does unpredictable risky stuff, causes turnovers and takes the O off the field. You do not want to put a top 3 offense on the field and you can't give me we didn't run enough BS because we we're behind early. When you play from behind, you're more likely to pass the ball.

SpillerThrills
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
the loss was a combination of many things.....
(in no specific order)
1. Losman. maybe he wasn't comfortable in there, he def. didn't have time but instead of trying to get rid of the ball he took the huge sack.
2. OL. Horrible. enough said.
3. DL. No pressure what so ever on a QB who is known to buckle under pressure.
4. LB's. to many short passes completed for good sized gains.
5. D coaching. not enough blitz's and to much cushion for the recievers.
6. O coaching. Terk has already taken part of the blame for the poor effort, but there is more to it than just him. the OL coaching was horrendis!!!! I think my high school team could have blocked better on sunday.

don137
10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
McCargo doesn't show up on game day so what's the big deal?

Cntrygal
10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I mentioned several players that didn't show up to practice in THIS (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=162619) thread several hours ago. :D

Yasgur's Farm
10-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Just tell me you felt good with Losman behind center coming into the game, that's all I want to hear. Can any of you say that here ??

There is no hate, only reality. We do not win with Losman in a majority of the time. We go 4-0 with Trent in and Losman comes in and we get killed and the exact opposite of all the stats we had for the first 4 games go out the window. The only real thing that changed is JP does unpredictable risky stuff, causes turnovers and takes the O off the field. You do not want to put a top 3 offense on the field and you can't give me we didn't run enough BS because we we're behind early. When you play from behind, you're more likely to pass the ball.Losman is what he is... A back-up QB. You can't get pissed just because he played like one. This is nothing more than spillover from all the QB debates over the last few seasons.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2008, 01:28 PM
The really bad thing for the Losman haters is that Trent officially gets the loss for this game (just as JP did when he got Wilforked early against NE).