LB- Digi, Corto
CB- McGee, Youboty, Greer, McKelvin
S- Whitner, Scott
S- Ko, Wilson
KR- McKelvin
PR- Jackson/McKelvin

casdhf
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I stopped reading at Chambers getting a shot at Lt ... are you f'n serious?

Mitchell55
10-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I stopped reading at Chambers getting a shot at Lt ... are you f'n serious?

He shut down Kerney and Peters cant stop a rookie.

Pinkerton Security
10-07-2008, 01:34 PM
you do understand we're not QUITE in desperation mode, right? no need to panic.

Mitchell55
10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
you do understand we're not QUITE in desperation mode, right? no need to panic.

These are things I wanted in the beginning that has become more apparent to be the right move so far.

casdhf
10-07-2008, 01:38 PM
None of these are the right moves.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Tossing JP out gets my vote.

Pinkerton Security
10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
These are things I wanted in the beginning that has become more apparent to be the right move so far.

i just dont see the chambers and preston moves being smart at all. sure, who knows what would happen but one thing it would do is mess with the chemistry of the line, and we certainly dont need our line to do any worse. It COULD get better, but we dont know that, so until it becomes something we cant overcome with Trent in there (JP was the reason for a couple of those sacks), let it ride.

i would like to see digi in there though. he can probably at least hold his ground more than ellison.

Jan Reimers
10-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I think we're starting our best players now. What we need are better defensive schemes, better tackling, fewer stupid penalties, and some different blocking schemes from the O line, i.e., something that will create an occasional opening for Lynch.

If you're unhappy with our personnel, you'll probably have to wait until the next FA signing period/draft.

Pride
10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I am for the change at center...

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 01:46 PM
1. Losman and Hamdan both get a chance.
2. Jackson as 5th WR
3. Chambers gets shot at LT
4. Give Duke a chance at C
5. Shouman more reps as TE
6. Ellis and Denney playing time.
7. Another DT in place for McCargo
8. Digi reps as LB
9. Youboty as 2nd string CB when McGee comes back
10. Jackson and McKelvin both at PR.
11. FA LB

My wanted depth chart

QB- TE, Hamdan
WR- Lee, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Jackson
TE- Shouman, Royal
LT- Chambers
LG- Doc
C- Duke
RG- Butler
RT- Walker
DE- Schobel, Ellis
DE- Kelsay, Denney
DT- Stroud, Williams, Johnson, FA
LB- Mitchell, Ellison
LB- Pos, FA
LB- Digi, Corto
S- Whitner, Scott
S- Ko, Wilson
KR- McKelvin
PR- Jackson/McKelvin
I nominate this for post of the year. The laughter I got out of it was well worth the read.

Start Chambers?

Give Losman and Hamden a chance?

Jackson a WR?

:lol:

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
2. Jackson as 5th WR
8. Digi reps as LB
11. FA LB

My wanted depth chart

QB- TE, Hamdan
TE- Shouman, Royal
LT- Chambers
LG- Doc
C- Duke
RG- Butler
RT- Walker
DE- Schobel, Ellis
DE- Kelsay, Denney
LB- Mitchell, Ellison
LB- Pos, FA
LB- Digi, Corto
S- Whitner, Scott
S- Ko, Wilson
KR- McKelvin
PR- Jackson/McKelvin

You do realize that this is the NFL and not Madden, right? Peters is struggling but he's still better than Chambers. JP has done little in the NFL but Hamdan has done NOTHING. If he had outplayed JP in camp and preseason, he'd be above him on the depth chart.

Youboty is already nickel back, which mean's he's 3rd on the depth chart. Since 2 CB's play at a time in the usual defensive package, he's already the 2nd string.

I do agree with two things- Preston and Ellis. Fowler just sucks so I wouldn't mind seeing someone else get a chance. At DE, Copeland Bryan isn't very good and Schobel is showing his age. I wouldn't mind seeing Ellis get some reps because sooner or later he'll need to replace one of these guys.

Crisis
10-07-2008, 01:48 PM
You do realize that this is the NFL and not Madden, right? Peters is struggling but he's still better than Chambers. JP has done little in the NFL but Hamdan has done NOTHING. If he had outplayed JP in camp and preseason, he'd be above him on the depth chart.

Youboty is already nickel back, which mean's he's 3rd on the depth chart. Since 2 CB's play at a time in the usual defensive package, he's already the 2nd string.

I do agree with two things- Preston and Ellis. Fowler just sucks so I wouldn't mind seeing someone else get a chance. At DE, Copeland Bryan isn't very good and Schobel is showing his age. I wouldn't mind seeing Ellis get some reps because sooner or later he'll need to replace one of these guys.

agreed, but i'd rather see hamdan than jp, atleast we don't know what we're getting with him...at worst we're getting another JP.

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 01:51 PM
agreed, but i'd rather see hamdan than jp, atleast we don't know what we're getting with him...at worst we're getting another JP.
I think that you'll see Hamden get an opportunity to be the #2 next off-season. This year though I feel much more confident with Losman at the helm if we're choosing between the two.

Mitchell55
10-07-2008, 01:52 PM

Chambers beat a top 5 DE, Peters has been killed by rookie DEs.

dannyek71
10-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Ok...JP is not the greatest QB of all time obviously. But GH over him? GH barely beat out Matt Baker.

dannyek71
10-07-2008, 02:08 PM
roscoe is not even on your wanted depth chart for PR when he comes back.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Please name this mysterious FA LB that will help the team.

And Chambers over Peters? I almost peed myself laughing at that one.

Michael82
10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Ok...JP is not the greatest QB of all time obviously. But GH over him? GH barely beat out Matt Baker.
Good post danny! :hi5:

DBrown77
10-07-2008, 08:00 PM
2. Jackson as 5th WR
8. Digi reps as LB
11. FA LB

My wanted depth chart

QB- TE, Hamdan
TE- Shouman, Royal
LT- Chambers
LG- Doc
C- Duke
RG- Butler
RT- Walker
DE- Schobel, Ellis
DE- Kelsay, Denney
LB- Mitchell, Ellison
LB- Pos, FA
LB- Digi, Corto
S- Whitner, Scott
S- Ko, Wilson
KR- McKelvin
PR- Jackson/McKelvin

Between this thread, the thread that Youboty would be a pro-bowl safety, the thread "Is God a Bills fan", and multiple others, I know i will get some comic relief every time I read something of yours

jamze132
10-08-2008, 04:16 AM
The first post of this thread is absolutely ridiculous.

RedEyE
10-08-2008, 07:28 AM
I say go for it..............

.....EA Sports shouldn't have any objections as long as you save your game before powering down.

mysticsoto
10-08-2008, 09:17 AM
No one in their right mind should be requesting Duke Preston over Fowler. As bad as Fowler may be, Preston is horrible at Center and slightly subpar as Guard. Each and every time I watch him play he does something to make me wonder why we ever drafted him in the 1st place. I personally think the FO screwed up in not drafting a Center to begin molding (or even going undrafted). I like Nevin Caskill, but he still has a long ways to go and might be better suited for guard than Center. Still, there were options that the FO should have considered late in the 2nd day in April that they didn't. Hopefully, this year, they pay it more attention.

Mitchell55
10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Please name this mysterious FA LB that will help the team.

And Chambers over Peters? I almost peed myself laughing at that one.

Watch Chambers vs Kerney in the Seattle game, then watch Peters vs Groves and Harvey. The FA LB, Tony Gilbert, Randall Godfrey, and Trotter.

yordad
10-09-2008, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Preston at center. IMO, it couldn't hurt. Heck, try it for a half.

I would like to see DiGi take the OLB spot from Ellison. In fact, I don't know how he didn't get first consideration. Hopefully it was becasue he was unfamiliar with the spot, and hopefully he has been working at it since Crowells IR move.

Maybe they will make a bye week switch.