PDA

View Full Version : Devin's Week 5 Rankings

shelby
10-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Let the controversy begin:

Speaking from the opinion of most Bills fans, the bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Not only did Arizona absolutely demolish Buffalo, but Trent Edwards went out early with an apparent concussion. The two week break will be a much needed one. Hopefully, Dick Jauron will fix some of the minor things like he usually does during the bye week, and they'll come out stronger. As much as I'd like to complain about the game on Sunday, they are 4-1 heading into the bye week, and that's exceeding my expectations based on my game by game breakdown that was completed before the season.
As for my rankings, not a whole lot changed. A few teams showed me that they are for real, and a few showed me that they are all but finished. I know it’s a little early to write some teams off, but based on what I’ve seen, I don’t see how they are going to get it together with all the other teams constantly knocking them down. As always, my e-mail address is posted at the end of these rankings for those who want to comment.

1. New York Giants (1): The Giants throttled Seattle, while everyone else asked, “Plaxico who?” But seriously, the Giants are the real deal, and last year was no fluke.
2. Tennessee Titans (2): It was a somewhat boring game, but the Titans improved to 5-0, which is what counts the most. I thought it was interesting how the defense was basically imploding and fighting with themselves, and they still picked it up and got the win. Kerry Collins is going a long way towards a starting job next season, whether it is in Tennessee or not.
3. Washington Redskins (3): Who would’ve thought the Redskins were this good? I guess some people think so, while others will disagree. For one week at least, looks like they are this good.
4. Dallas Cowboys (4): The Cowboys are hanging on to this fourth spot by a thread. I was not impressed at all with how they barely pulled out a win against the hapless Bengals. They need to play better, or it’s going to be another early exit in January.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (10): I was very impressed with Pittsburgh, as much as I hate to admit it. Big Ben is one tough guy. I don’t know if he’ll make it through the entire season, but I’m sure Pittsburgh fans are praying he does. This is another well timed out bye week.

more.... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/07/devins_week_5_rankings.php)

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Shouldn't be any controversy.

DraftBoy
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Solid write up!

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 03:56 PM
My lips are sealed.

BlackMetalNinja
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!1

dominizzo
10-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Dolphins at 19?

We should be in the top 5 for sure dude!

rcd333
10-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Dolphins at 19?

Find me any power rankings that have the dolphins in the top 5 ... dude

VeggieMan14
10-07-2008, 07:20 PM
looks right to me

Mad Bomber
10-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Dolphins at 19?

Right now, the Dolphins belong at least in the top half of the league. They have played their asses off, and have beaten two good teams from last year. They DOMINATED the Pats (which made me VERY happy) and beat the Chargers.

Hell, give them some credit...this ain't the phins we saw from last year. This is a competitive team. Be afraid...be very afraid....