PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins team to beat in the AFC East

dominizzo
10-07-2008, 04:34 PM
After crushing both teams that were in the AFC Championship last year, the dolphins are back with a vengeance.

I still think the Bills will compete for a wildcard but we are going to win this division and should go 12-4.

Good luck the rest of the way and look forward to trouncing you guys in a few weeks.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 04:42 PM
The Dolphins are looking a lot better, but how can they be the team to beat in the division when they're tied for 3rd and technically in 4th due to the head-to-head tiebreaker?

cocamide
10-07-2008, 04:45 PM
The Dolphins are looking a lot better, but how can they be the team to beat in the division when they're tied for 3rd and technically in 4th due to the head-to-head tiebreaker?

Because Dolphin fans are as delusional as Bills fans. :snicker:

dominizzo
10-07-2008, 04:48 PM

We lost to the cards in arizona by 21, you lost by 24. The jets barely beat us on a miracle play by Favre and they dropped 56 on the team that just pounced you.

We are also better and just about every position than the Bills including crucial positions like QB, RB, Oline, Dline, Safety, etc.

I think we are going to win the rest of our division games as well and that would make us 5-1 and will be good enough to take the division by at least 2 games that we will have on you.

cocamide
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
We lost to the cards in arizona by 21, you lost by 24. The jets barely beat us on a miracle play by Favre and they dropped 56 on the team that just pounced you.

We are also better and just about every position than the Bills including crucial positions like QB, RB, Oline, Dline, Safety, etc.

I think we are going to win the rest of our division games as well and that would make us 5-1 and will be good enough to take the division by at least 2 games that we will have on you.
When will people realize that the transitive property doesn't hold with regards to sports related competitions? (A beats B) and (B beats C) doesn't necessarily imply that (A beats C).

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't think there's any doubt that the Dolphins are much improved this year, more so than anyone thought they would be going into this season. But that's what you get with a Bill Parcells run team, things change pretty damn fast. I don't know if I would call the Dolphins "the team to beat" but I wouldn't say that the Bills are "the team to beat" either. Right now this is one of the worst divisions in football (much like the NFC West in recent years) and there really isn't a team that stands out as being THE team.

The Bills might have a slight edge on the Dolphins but I think it's more like 1a and 1b at this point. I'm not familiar with dominizzo so I don't know whether or not he's being serious or just screwing around but if you want to do a position by position comparison (always stupid) the Bills will have more +'s than -'s.

We won't be sweeping them this season.

SquishDaFish
10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
:roflmao: Some people need to put down the crack pipe :lol:

Bufftp
10-07-2008, 05:02 PM
The fin delusion is based on the gimmicky Wildcat formation. Once that is deconstructed the fins are back to normal. It is only a matter of time.

cocamide
10-07-2008, 05:20 PM
unfortunately, i can see our D getting confused as hell when ronnie brown lines up at QB. we need to tackle well that game, and unfortunately, that's not one of our strengths.

Bufftp
10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Well that formation exposes oft injured Chad-it's only a matter of time. It's High risk, high reward, so far they garnered the reward.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't think there's any doubt that the Dolphins are much improved this year, more so than anyone thought they would be going into this season. But that's what you get with a Bill Parcells run team, things change pretty damn fast. I don't know if I would call the Dolphins "the team to beat" but I wouldn't say that the Bills are "the team to beat" either. Right now this is one of the worst divisions in football (much like the NFC West in recent years) and there really isn't a team that stands out as being THE team.

The Bills might have a slight edge on the Dolphins but I think it's more like 1a and 1b at this point. I'm not familiar with dominizzo so I don't know whether or not he's being serious or just screwing around but if you want to do a position by position comparison (always stupid) the Bills will have more +'s than -'s.

We won't be sweeping them this season.

that's the kind of thorough, unbiased analysis that has no place on this message board.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 05:34 PM
that's the kind of thorough, unbiased analysis that has no place on this message board.

If it involves a Bills loss, you're 100% behind it. It's Par for the OP self-defensive mechanism course.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
If it involves a Bills loss, you're 100% behind it. It's Par for the OP self-defensive mechanism course.

don't accuse me of self-defense mechanisms, Prozac-boy. Every time something negative happens to this team, you come up with nonsensical comparisons to avoid acknowledging the negative.

SABuffalo786
10-07-2008, 05:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 06:09 PM
don't accuse me of self-defense mechanisms, Prozac-boy. Every time something negative happens to this team, you come up with nonsensical comparisons to avoid acknowledging the negative.

LOL, Classic post. We're 4-1, not 1-4, quit being such a stick in the mud.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL, Classic post. We're 4-1, not 1-4, quit being such a stick in the mud.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

If you look at the record and stop there, you don't have to acknowledge the reality that the team got blown out in the last game and looked like **** in 3 of the 4 wins. We're only a half game up on NE and they will win this weekend and technically be ahead of us in the standings before we even get to play again.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 06:37 PM
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

If you look at the record and stop there, you don't have to acknowledge the reality that the team got blown out in the last game and looked like **** in 3 of the 4 wins. We're only a half game up on NE and they will win this weekend and technically be ahead of us in the standings before we even get to play again.

Since we have not played them yet, 1 game means nothing as of right now. The Bills have no divisional losses or wins, therefore we have to play well against their division and a few other opponents to lock in post season play.

Two of those games we didn't look great in we're coaches fighting for their jobs, a desperate situation indeed.

In my mind, the division is ours to lose and Miami has NE's number and a home game left against them to boot.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Since we have not played them yet, 1 game or another means nothing as of right now. The Bills have no divisional losses or wins, therefore only have to play well against their division and a few other opponents to lock in post season play.

In my mind, the division is ours to lose and Miami has NE number and a home game left against them to boot.

it's ours to lose, and based on how we've been playing, we're gonna lose it.

yordad
10-07-2008, 06:41 PM

Wouldn't that make the Jest the team to beat?

Goobylal
10-07-2008, 06:47 PM
One of these games, Pennington is going to get killed lining-up as a WR in that "Wildcat" formation. It's only a matter of time before he gets injured or his arm gets tired.

And the Patriots and Chargers are far cries from where they were last year.

Night Train
10-07-2008, 06:51 PM
I have a ton of respect for the Fins now... but a team that has lost 17 of their last 20 should not be getting too full of themselves, for obvious reasons.:rolleyes:

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 06:53 PM
it's ours to lose, and based on how we've been playing, we're gonna lose it.

We've lost 1 game so far and pulled some close ones out. The team is learning how to win, they learned how to lose last year. In general we are heading the right way, that's better than the wrong way.

Bling
10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I have a ton of respect for the Fins now... but a team that has lost 17 of their last 20 should not be getting too full of themselves, for obvious reasons.:rolleyes:

I'm curious. What percentage of players from last year on the Dolphin's team this year? What percentage of coaches? I love when people throw out last year's stats. I guess the Pats are still the team to beat? Puuuuhhhlllleeeeaaassseee.

ServoBillieves
10-07-2008, 07:02 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My thoughts exactly

Night Train
10-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I guess the Pats are still the team to beat? Puuuuhhhlllleeeeaaassseee.

Umm...they are. Brady does not equal 7 wins all by himself.

How many times has Miami had a good start, prior to the 2nd half (cold weather on the road) of the season ?

I've lost count, it's been so often.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm curious. What percentage of players from last year on the Dolphin's team this year? What percentage of coaches? I love when people throw out last year's stats. I guess the Pats are still the team to beat? Puuuuhhhlllleeeeaaassseee.

He didn't throw out last year's stats.

The truth is that the Dolphins lost 17 of their last 20. Yes, the current team is only responsible for two of those losses, but they also only have 2 wins. It's a little early to be declaring Miami the team to beat.

And btw, the same goes for the Bills. We've been bad lately too, and this season all we've done is beat some weak and/or injury-depleted teams.

Both the Bills and the Dolphins are on the way up, but neither one is there yet.

VeggieMan14
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
seriously?:bs:

Bling
10-07-2008, 08:05 PM
He didn't throw out last year's stats.

The truth is that the Dolphins lost 17 of their last 20. Yes, the current team is only responsible for two of those losses, but they also only have 2 wins. It's a little early to be declaring Miami the team to beat.

And btw, the same goes for the Bills. We've been bad lately too, and this season all we've done is beat some weak and/or injury-depleted teams.

Both the Bills and the Dolphins are on the way up, but neither one is there yet.

I 100% agree. Miami doesn't even have a chance at the playoffs.

Mad Bomber
10-07-2008, 08:09 PM
it's ours to lose, and based on how we've been playing, we're gonna lose it. Lately. I think I'm gonna puke.

Geez, Bryan, it seems that the last game that the Bills played is the FUTURE.

We suck. We're going to be 4-12.

I have a healthy dose of skepticism, because I have been a Bills fan for longer than you have been alive, but DAMN!!!!!

Do you have to be SOOOOOOOO negative, even as you were for our last 3 victories?

Can't you enjoy when the Bills actually come from behind to win games they would have LOST in years past?

I have watched this team since the '60s. The Bills have been, frankly, one of the worst teams in football over the years. They have had flashes of brilliance, but have disappointed over and over and over again.

I can never condone mediochre football...I hate it as much as you.

But to ***** about us going 4-0 because we didn't dominate every game like you thought we should have just plain bothers me.

It seems that the only way that you'd be happy is if the Bills won every game 56-0.

This is the NFL. A win is a win.

It kills me that after a 4-0 start that after one bad game that all of a sudden this team SUCKS.

This has nothing to do with you, Bryan...you at least are consistent with your skepticism/cynicism towared this team.....it just seems that all these homers who were talking Superbowl before the Cardinals game are now against the Bills. Because of this I respect your cynicism. I still don't agree with it, but I respect it.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Since we have not played them yet, 1 game means nothing as of right now. The Bills have no divisional losses or wins, therefore we have to play well against their division and a few other opponents to lock in post season play.

Two of those games we didn't look great in we're coaches fighting for their jobs, a desperate situation indeed.

In my mind, the division is ours to lose and Miami has NE's number and a home game left against them to boot.

Coach Sal & me are on the same page.

Coach Sal
10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Coach Sal & me are on the same page.

The fact that we haven't played one divisional game yet will most likely either get us a division title or kill us.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
The fact that we haven't played one divisional game yet will most likely either get us a division title or kill us.

We control it either way & to have the ability to control our fate is huge. We haven't had an opportunity like this is many years, it's an exciting time to be a Bills fan.

VeggieMan14
10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
We control it either way & to have the ability to control our fate is huge. We haven't had an opportunity like this is many years, it's an exciting time to be a Bills fan.exactly so everyone quit whining and enjoy our first promising season in years

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2008, 08:46 PM
The Dolphins have impressed me but to say they are the team to beat is laughable. I am sure OP agrees with you though

Nighthawk
10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
The Dolphins are not the team to beat in the AFC East...PERIOD!

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I 100% agree. Miami doesn't even have a chance at the playoffs.
:sarcasm:?

ronholm78
10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Why havent this thread been deleted......This is ******ed....the Dolphins are a joke....Enough Said!

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Why havent this thread been deleted
Paladin Warrior?

ronholm78
10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
hasn't....

gr8slayer
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
hasn't....
:lol: just messing with you.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Paladin Warrior?

It's not him, It doesn't haven't any numbers in the words.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Plain and simple i hate the fins there is no way that they r the teamto beaat in the acf east they will bring up the rear

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Lately. I think I'm gonna puke.

Geez, Bryan, it seems that the last game that the Bills played is the FUTURE.

We suck. We're going to be 4-12.

I have a healthy dose of skepticism, because I have been a Bills fan for longer than you have been alive, but DAMN!!!!!

Do you have to be SOOOOOOOO negative, even as you were for our last 3 victories?

Can't you enjoy when the Bills actually come from behind to win games they would have LOST in years past?

I have watched this team since the '60s. The Bills have been, frankly, one of the worst teams in football over the years. They have had flashes of brilliance, but have disappointed over and over and over again.

I can never condone mediochre football...I hate it as much as you.

But to ***** about us going 4-0 because we didn't dominate every game like you thought we should have just plain bothers me.

It seems that the only way that you'd be happy is if the Bills won every game 56-0.

This is the NFL. A win is a win.

It kills me that after a 4-0 start that after one bad game that all of a sudden this team SUCKS.

This has nothing to do with you, Bryan...you at least are consistent with your skepticism/cynicism towared this team.....it just seems that all these homers who were talking Superbowl before the Cardinals game are now against the Bills. Because of this I respect your cynicism. I still don't agree with it, but I respect it.

It's not that I didn't enjoy the win when it happened. But Sunday afternoon turns into Monday morning, and it's time to look ahead to the next game instead of focusing on the last game. How did we play and what does that mean for our chances for the rest of the season? Sure, we went 4-0 and we're still 4-1, but are we really as good as that record indicates? We beat some pretty bad and some pretty banged up team, and we failed miserably on the closest thing we've had to a test so far.

It's not *****ing about 4-0, it's trying to predict what that means for the rest of the season. We were 4-0 but we sure as hell didn't play well in 3 of those games. We got the win, but the play was bad enough to make any reasonable person skeptical. When we go to Arizona and get our asses handed to us by a team that didn't show up either of the previous two weeks, that skepticism becomes cynicism very quickly.

If the season ended today, we could be very happy. We'd be in great shape for the playoffs. But it doesn't end today. It's not even 1/3 done. This team has a long way to go, and their recent play has made me doubt how far they can make it.

OpIv37
10-07-2008, 10:24 PM
The Dolphins have impressed me but to say they are the team to beat is laughable. I am sure OP agrees with you though

maybe you should have read the second post in this thread before guessing about what I would say:

Mike13
10-07-2008, 10:45 PM
The fin delusion is based on the gimmicky Wildcat formation. Once that is deconstructed the fins are back to normal. It is only a matter of time.

Thats the kind of post I would expect from someone who only knows of our sucess because of SC highlights, the WildCat has played a role in our sucess but if you actually watch the past 2 games, you would see it was a total team effort.

The OL is blocking well, the Defense stopped two great Offenses, Ronnie is picking up where he left off, The QB play has been solid, WRs havent dropped many passes(still an area of need). The Secondary hasnt given up many big plays, since the Arizona game(although they did come close once).

We are not the team to beat, but for now the Fins are indeed relevant once again and are in the mix, I dont expect playoffs, 7-8 wins is more of a possibilty and thats a damn good improvement.

Also how long has it been since we can both say that the Fins and Bills were actually competitive?

Brown42000
10-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Dominizzo is one to overreact whether it is a crazy statement like this because I don't think Miami is the team to beat or if they lose 2 straight and claims they need to make all sorts of crazy roster moves. I wouldn't take him seriously.

But I do think Miami will be playoff contenders as the season goes on just not the team to beat.

Griff
10-08-2008, 12:58 AM
They didn't crush the Chargers... they beat them. The Dolphins are much better than last year, but the Chargers and Patriots are much worse.