PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: Winners and Losers

shelby
10-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Enjoy!

Winners and Losers
by Bruce McMichael

Tennessee 13 Baltimore 10
Winner: Titans Tight ends. Collins was sporadic and the running game was no-existent, but the big boys showed up for Tennessee as Bo Scaife and Alger Crumpler combined for 9 catches 87yards and 1TD.

Loser: Willis McGahee (BAL). Ravens backup LeRon McClain is proving week in and week out that he may be the main man for Baltimore backfield.

Carolina 34 Kansas City 0
Winner: DeAngelo Williams (CAR) had the best day of his career posting 123 yards, 2 rushing, and one through the air.
Loser: KC fans. You guys remember last week against Denver? Yeah, we were just kidding.

Chicago 34 Detroit 7
Winner: Kyle Orton (CHI). Remember me? I took you guys to the playoffs a couple years ago.
Loser: The Lion. King of the jungle my ***. Detroit has turned the almighty lion into a kitty cat.

Atlanta 27 Green Bay 24
Winner: The Atlanta Offensive line. The big uglies allowed zero sacks and paved the way for Michael Turner to have another great day. You want your rookie QB to succeed? Block for him.
Loser: Aaron Kampman (GB). A-Kamp has been controlled the last weeks and the Pack is on a skid. Kampman needs to be a force for Green Bay to stay competitive.

Indianapolis 31 Houston 27
Winner: Steve Slayton (HOU). Very few people knew Steve Slayton on draft day, but pay attention to this kid, he’s my pick for ROY.
Loser: Sage Rosefels (HOU): you turned the ball over three times the last 5 minutes of the game. You cost your team their first win of the season. You may not pass go, and to hell with your two hundred dollars.

Miami 17 San Diego 10
Winner: While Ronnie Brown was phenomenal, my guy was Chad Pennington (MIA): 22-29 for 228 yards. Mistake free football from Chad could have the Fins above .500 for the first time since 2005.
Loser: LT (SD), 2.9 yards a carry ain’t helping anyone’s fantasy team. And it certainly isn’t helping San Diego.

New York Giants 44 Seattle 6
Winner: Brandon Jacobs (NYG): 9.1 yards a carry, that’s pretty much a first down every time you touch the ball. That’s pretty awesome.
Loser: Plaxico Burress (NYG: Your suspension didn’t slow the Giants down. Uno Siete better smarten up, Coach Coughlin is a no BS guy.

More... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/07/winners_and_losers.php)

BSXIII
10-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Great list of losers. I especially like the parts about Kurt Warner and Nate Clements. I'm not sure how to say distraction in Spanish, but El Distracto has a nice ring to it.