PDA

View Full Version : What We Learned in Week 5

Coach Sal
10-07-2008, 08:12 PM
This week's Bills item is Bills/AFC East......

http://www.salsports.com/week5WhatWeLearned.htm

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 08:20 PM
This week's Bills item is Bills/AFC East......

http://www.salsports.com/week5WhatWeLearned.htm

I just posted a similiar statement about the Bills controlling their own fate because of having all their divisional games left. The Bills hold their own key, they have to turn it. Nice write up coach, thanks.

Coach Sal
10-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I just posted a similiar statement about the Bills controlling their own fate because of having all their divisional games left. The Bills hold their own key, they have to turn it. Nice write up coach, thanks.

Awesome. I'll probably be accused of stealing another Zoners words, again.

But good job, Skoob. I didn't see what you wrote yet, I'll check it out. But it is true.

Bufftp
10-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Nice work Sal, good read. :up:

Mitchy moo
10-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Awesome. I'll probably be accused of stealing another Zoners words, again.

But good job, Skoob. I didn't see what you wrote yet, I'll check it out. But it is true.

I'd consider it an honor if you stole my words. It's good to see common sense published instead of distinct multi-lateral doomsday scenario's posted by people with walls up for a better day. The sun can't shine in my house, there's a shade in the way I put up.

DraftBoy
10-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I agree completely about Reggie Bush! Good write up!

FlyingDutchman
10-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I learned there are refs in this league who sound like The Ladies Man

HughC
10-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Nice write-up Sal. Unfortunately for Aaron Rodgers, he's on the wrong side of the 'QB gets too much credit for a win and too much blame for a loss.' Funny how quickly things change after one or two games; after the Patriots beat the Jets a couple weeks ago most of the media was congratulating the Packers for going with Rodgers, and burying Favre; now everybody has jumped off the Rodgers bandwagon and back on to the Favre love-fest.

jamze132
10-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Nice Sal.

CuseJetsFan83
10-08-2008, 05:04 AM
kudos sal.... very articulate and an easy read

agreed on the part of the write-up
and who would have thunk it that the AFC east may be just as competitive if not more so, than the NFC east.......

5 weeks down..... 12 more to go!!

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
not to be a d-bag but you wrote that between weeks 8 and 15, we play 5 of our 8 games against AFC foes, however we only play 6 games against them...

Coach Sal
10-08-2008, 12:14 PM
not to be a d-bag but you wrote that between weeks 8 and 15, we play 5 of our 8 games against AFC foes, however we only play 6 games against them...

We have 8 games between weeks 8 and 15:

Out of those 8 games, we play 5 against AFC East teams (the bolded weeks).

That doesn't make sense? Did I not explain it right?

trapezeus
10-08-2008, 12:14 PM
coach, since you are a well thought out guy and your articles generally are spot on, i'd be interested on your gut feeling about miami. are we witnessing them win their two wins in back to back weeks, or is this team really going to be in the middle of the pack much quicker than anticipated?

I think the cold weather pennington who throws the out pass pick is going to show up soon. and that will make it much easier to stop the running game of ronnie brown.

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, at least we will have a good idea if the cold Pats game on 12/28 will mean anything.

I could still see that game being for the AFC East title.

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM
We have 8 games between weeks 8 and 15:

Out of those 8 games, we play 5 against AFC East teams (the bolded weeks).

That doesn't make sense? Did I not explain it right?

oh my bad, i was thinking you were saying we played 8 games against afc east teams.

FinFaninBuffalo
10-08-2008, 04:36 PM
coach, since you are a well thought out guy and your articles generally are spot on, i'd be interested on your gut feeling about miami. are we witnessing them win their two wins in back to back weeks, or is this team really going to be in the middle of the pack much quicker than anticipated?

I think the cold weather pennington who throws the out pass pick is going to show up soon. and that will make it much easier to stop the running game of ronnie brown.

Pennington has played his whole career in the Northeast. Ronnie and Ricky have the perfect running style for the colder weather. I'm not saying that they won't fade later in the season, but the team does seem to be built to play in the cold.

The Fins have been playing nearly mistake free football. Penalties and turnovers are very, very low. They have only been credited with ONE dropped pass. That level of near perfection cannot continue every week. I will be very interested to see how they respond to a little more adversity. Also, I don't think they will be able to play from behind very well. At this point, they are not explosive enough.

They should be 8-8 or 9-7 at the end of the year.