X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

The official JP doesn't suck thread

First, let me ask you where the game got out of hand. Where you thought, "OK, with the way our defense is playing, even if we score TDs from here on out we will probably still lose". Well, I thought that when Jauron was holding the flag deciding to throw it after Royals fumble. By the time the Bills got the ball back, they were down 3 scores in the fourth quarter with a D that looked like it had no chance of making several keys stops.

I always thought JPs biggest problem was when he had to do too much with too little. For example, playing from behind, with a weak D, and not enough weapons or time to get it done. At this point his strongest asset can actually become his weakest. We all know he is great at throwing the long ball. But, how great is he at it when everyone in the stadium knows it is coming, and our O line is blocking like a bunch of broken sand bags.

The Cards, at this point, could sit back, play a deep zone or prevent in the secondary, throw in a blitz from time to time, and their D-line can pin their ears back. They had no trouble applying pressure all day, even with a four man rush.

Losman's fourth quarter fumble, with the game arguable out of reach, was forced with a 4 man rush. It was done when the Bills had 6 blocking. And a seventh (Royal) chiped the DE before going on a short route. On this play, the DTs both did stunts around their DEs. In zone blocking, these would then become the assignment of the OT. On the O right side, Langston picked up the DT on his end, as Butler moved over to cover the DE. On the left side Dockery started to block the DE, with the help of Jackson. But, Peters complete whiffed as the DT rounded him after his stunt. Jackson then released on the inside DE and whiffed on Gabe Watson the stunting DT also.

Now, should Losman have expected more time with 6.5 people blocking 4? Should Losman had expected Peters and then Jackson to completely wiff? This is his blind side. He was getting set to fire it on a count of 4. Should he have fired it sooner with 7 people coving 3.5 receivers?

Now, Royal was underneath for what would have been a 2 yard play. But, down by three scores in the 4th, on second and 14, with protection called, I think it would have been reasonable to try and get a little more. And reasonable to expect someone to block the stunting DT. Especially when that someone (peters) had help from a RB.

This error put us behind by 4 scores, and ended the game officially.

How did JP play up til this point?

First drive: A Card DT blew between Fowler and Dock as Fowler completely whiffed. He nearly took the hand off JP has zero fault in this one. He hit Lynch in the gut with a handoff, and Lynch looked like a deer in head lights. I'm not saying it was really Lynch's fault either, but at least he had the benifit of seeing the DT coming unblocked, where the QB would have his back turned (as JP did).

Second drive: JP throws a strike to Hardy to convert a third and 7. But honestly I missed the drive in transit. Please tell me what happened.

Third drive: Bills down 14-0 (2 Cards drives, 2 TDs), on a 3rd and 14 deep in their own end, JP dodged a rusher and fired a beautiful pass hitting a sprinting Lee in stride for an 87 yard TD.

Fourth drive: JP went 2 for 2 and scored a TD on a keeper.

Fifth drive: No passes attempted. Field goal

Sixth drive: Losman threw a 5 yard strike to Royal who then blew the game. Jauron decided the game wasn't important enough to challenge the play.

So really, was JP to blame for this loss? Seems everyone is hanging this loss on JP. I think the problem was our defense (pretty much the entire D, but mostly the coverage, which might have been scheme) and our horrible blocking. Oh, and Jauron's brain fart didn't help either.
    Last edited by yordad; 10-08-2008, 02:29 PM.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: The official JP doesn't suck thread

it's not about this loss. IT's about the fact that JP has never perfromed that well. Not going to have a lot of takers for this thread the blinders are off....justa should stop by though!

Comment

• Inetpub
      i'm a tool
      • Aug 2006

lol.

wait...lol....

trying to defend jp with those stats dont work. 4 years of failure vs those stats = fail.
      That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Typ0
        it's not about this loss. IT's about the fact that JP has never perfromed that well. Not going to have a lot of takers for this thread the blinders are off....justa should stop by though!
        I believe the blinders are still on, considering I don't even think you read this.

I don't think he performed all too poorly.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

after watching trent play, it was like watching a mental midget try to break down defenses. his decision making is so slow that he holds the ball and takes sacks he shouldnt. trent does still do this once in a while, but he is getting much better, whereas JP has not. he still falls into the same mistakes as he always did.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad

I always thought JPs biggest problem was when he had to do too much with too little.
            Yeah, that would be his brain. He has absolutely no concept or the capacity to manage a game successfully, I don't care how many bombs he throws to Lee Evans.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Inetpub
              lol.

wait...lol....

trying to defend jp with those stats dont work. 4 years of failure vs those stats = fail.
              Stats? I tried to avoid the stats altogether. I don't think they tell the story in this game. But, since you brought it up, JP had a QB rating over 101. It was over 121 prior to the garbage time int.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                after watching trent play, it was like watching a mental midget try to break down defenses. his decision making is so slow that he holds the ball and takes sacks he shouldnt. trent does still do this once in a while, but he is getting much better, whereas JP has not. he still falls into the same mistakes as he always did.
                Pretty easy to take sacks when you call all out protection, and still don't get a lot of time. Considering the Cards were getting this pressure with 4 rushers, it would have been fairly hard to get open, and fairly easy to think your backside would have more time. And, fairly easy to try to wait for something longer to develop considering the score.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  JP sucks. It was his fault that the D couldn't stop the cards on 3rd downs.

The jenkins screw up on ST was JP's fault.

The inability to get a running game with our 1-2 punch was his fault.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

I have to give the Lickers credit- they are resilient. 5 sacks, 2 fumbles and a pick- if in the history of the NFL there's been a more misleading 3 digit QB rating I haven't seen it. There's a good reason his last name is Lossman. You'd need to be a truly great team to overcome that many negative plays from the QB. We're not that good.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                      I have to give the Lickers credit- they are resilient. 5 sacks, 2 fumbles and a pick- if in the history of the NFL there's been a more misleading 3 digit QB rating I haven't seen it. There's a good reason his last name is Lossman. You'd need to be a truly great team to overcome that many negative plays from the QB. We're not that good.
                      Drew Blesoe.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Griff
                        • Jul 2008

broken freakin' record. JP is never responsible for his bad performance its always somebody elses fault. I'm glad JP doesn't try to pass the buck as much as his fans do.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Yordad, this is what i wrote in the official JP sucks thread for Justa. He was claiming that the offense wasn't dumbed down for him. The stats show otherwise and it shows how the running game didn't fail him. He failed his running game by not being effective.

Bills Drive stats from the cardinals game.

first drive - 5 plays. Key plays, bills come out throwing, but then run 2x after Losman enters. he fumbles.
                          second drive - 7 plays, really 6 since there was a bills penalty, 2 go for runs. losman tries to scramble for 1st down on 3rd and 3 and gets run down by a 250 lb DE and catches him before losman turns the corner (technically the 3rd run). WEAK! I thought losman was mobile. end result is punt
                          3rd drive - 4 plays. one bills penalty. so really three plays. First two are rushing plays. TD pass...more a prayer than a good play,but we'll take it.
                          4th drive- 8plays, two key plays, evans end round for 22 and reed catch for 19. if reed gets a better pass it goes for more yards. five of the 8 plays are rushing plays. End result TD Losman run.
                          5th drive first of second half - 4 plays. FG. 4 lynch runs. Shows a lot of confidence in the passing game when the game is still within reach of 10 points.
                          6th drive - 1, royal fumble. Royal is erratic, but he tries too hard when losman is in. He plays better with edwards by playing smart. score is 31-17, down by 3 scores.
                          7th drive - 2 plays, losman fumbles by sitting in pocket too long and not making a play. zero runs
                          8th drive - 3 plays, of which losman was sacked 2 times. 66% of the plays on that drive were sacks. Awesome. zero runs because they are down even more
                          9th drive - 3 plays, Losman throws and INT. 0 throws.
                          10th drive - 11 plays, losman throws for 58 yards in garbage time. So his 220 yards passing can be reduced to 133 without the lucky bomb play that happened to work out for us and then you can back out 58 because they are thrown when the game's outcome is already known. So losman threw for 77 yards when the game was close and he didn't need a bomb. the 101 QB rating doesn't point that out. 1 rush play by the by.

Of the 28 plays run by the bills when they were within 10 points in the early 3rd Q, the bills chose to run 15 times. That's more than 50%. They came out throwing with edwards, but ran with losman when the game was close. Do you need more proof that they dumbed it down for him and that he ran a piss poor offense?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Drew Blesoe.
                            Set 10 Bills passing records his first year here and is 7th in all time NFL passing yardage. The only thing JP does well (the deep ball) Drew did better. JP is a bust and a failure. Deal with it.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              JP sucks. It was his fault that the D couldn't stop the cards on 3rd downs.

The jenkins screw up on ST was JP's fault.

The inability to get a running game with our 1-2 punch was his fault.
                              you mention the jenkins penalty as though he makes that penalty as frequently as JP blows games. you also fail to mention that it didn't really look like he was offsides when they showed it again. IT was a weak call. and if it was the right call,you give JP the benefite of the doubt a million times. Can we allow Jenkins one mistake. I rarely hear his name so he isn't like chris Watson out there.

If this was a game where we just had to put up more points than the cardinals and not worry about defense, JP failed. he didn't keep up his end of the bargain early. and by doing so, the bills margin of defeat was much larger.

Comment

Working...
                              X