• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone Exclusive: OpIv37's Post-Game Review

Enjoy!

I fully expected the Bills to lose this game. It was an undefeated team going across the country to play a road game against a decent non-conference team with something to prove after two poor performances, and it was the week before a bye.
    I did not expect the Bills to be completely dominated in the manner that they were. This game looked shockingly like 2007. The team (poorly) executed an overly conservative game plan, made poor decisions and sloppy mistakes, and made no in-game adjustments. Everything that was fixed so far this season reverted to 2007 status.
    It's the same old story for this team: beat the bad teams, lose to anyone halfway decent.
    The worst part is that the defense was completely exposed. They had no answer for the quick slants, and either did not or could not play man-to-man against Arizona's big receivers. Rest assured, Bill Bellicheck and the rest of the coaches we face are salivating over the game tape.

The Positive:
    I honestly can't think of anything positive about this game. A few players made decent individual efforts on certain plays, but all those players played poorly enough on other plays to offset their games.
    more....

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: BillsZone Exclusive: OpIv37's Post-Game Review

One thing I forgot to mention: Jauron not throwing the flag on the Royal fumble. Would it have been overturned? I don't know- that one was as close as they come. But at that point of the game, he has to at least TRY. It's worth the risk of the time-out.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Positive few, negatives many.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
        Positive few, negatives many.
        It was a 41-17 loss, that should go without saying.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          It was a 41-17 loss, that should go without saying.
          Just forget about those 4 wins, they cannot matter in any way.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Just forget about those 4 wins, they cannot matter in any world you play.
            Seriously, what is your problem?

This was a post GAME review, not an "all encompassing full season review." And you still refuse to acknowledge that we played like **** in 3 of those 4 wins.

We lost the game 41-17. What positive things should I have said about THIS GAME specifically that I didn't? Which players played a solid game from start to finish? What big plays were there other than the bomb to Evans? Please tell me, all-knowing Skooby- what positives of this game am I not discussing?

I really don't know what your obsession is with hearing me say something positive, especially in an article discussing a blowout loss.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Op, I'll agree that there were very few positives in this game. The only thing I can think of is that Hardy got more play and actually caught a few.

It is clear that JP is just not going to get better. It is clear that if the Dline can't rush the QB, our D will suck overall. The CBs give too much space to be effective at anything else. But this is something you have to blame coaching on. They are being told to play off and not to stay close to their man. If the Dline can't hurry the QB the playing off becomes a liability. If the QB is hurried, then they get a chance to try and make a play by means of turnovers with mistakes, etc. But this was the worry that I had...if Stroud gets hurt or is a non-factor like in the last game, the D becomes ineffective.

On the O, I think we would have done alot better with Trent though the Oline didn't perform great either. If Lynch were on another team, that had even an average/decent Oline, he'd be putting 100+ yds every game! But JP does hold it for too long and did so again and I have a hard time knowing if Trent might have connected with some of those before they became sacks or incompletions.

Nevertheless, overall, an F on Defense and probably a C- on offense.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Seriously, what is your problem?

This was a post GAME review, not an "all encompassing full season review." And you still refuse to acknowledge that we played like **** in 3 of those 4 wins.

We lost the game 41-17. What positive things should I have said about THIS GAME specifically that I didn't? Which players played a solid game from start to finish? What big plays were there other than the bomb to Evans? Please tell me, all-knowing Skooby- what positives of this game am I not discussing?

I really don't know what your obsession is with hearing me say something positive, especially in an article discussing a blowout loss.
                Your MIA for all the wins & posted a 1,000 times since our first loss sunday, you sir have issues.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

heres a positive: JP throws far. Thats it for him, but still a positive.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Op, I'll agree that there were very few positives in this game. The only thing I can think of is that Hardy got more play and actually caught a few.

It is clear that JP is just not going to get better. It is clear that if the Dline can't rush the QB, our D will suck overall. The CBs give too much space to be effective at anything else. But this is something you have to blame coaching on. They are being told to play off and not to stay close to their man. If the Dline can't hurry the QB the playing off becomes a liability. If the QB is hurried, then they get a chance to try and make a play by means of turnovers with mistakes, etc. But this was the worry that I had...if Stroud gets hurt or is a non-factor like in the last game, the D becomes ineffective.

On the O, I think we would have done alot better with Trent though the Oline didn't perform great either. If Lynch were on another team, that had even an average/decent Oline, he'd be putting 100+ yds every game! But JP does hold it for too long and did so again and I have a hard time knowing if Trent might have connected with some of those before they became sacks or incompletions.

Nevertheless, overall, an F on Defense and probably a C- on offense.
                    I agree- it was a poor game plan on the part of Fewell before the poor execution even started.

I think if Trent could have stayed in the game, we would have kept it closer but we still would have lost. The D was just completely overmatched.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Your MIA for all the wins & posted a 1,000 since our first loss sunday, you sir have issues.
                      First, I wasn't MIA- I posted after all the wins, and I posted my post-game article THE SAME NIGHT as the win. It took me two days to get around to writing this one.

Second, I already told you- I was working 60 hour weeks for the first 3 weeks of the season and didn't have time to post.

So, please stop spreading false information.

And once again, you couldn't counter my points so you went after me personally. Please stop and stick to the topic at hand. Otherwise I will not address your posts.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

OPIv37, there is one thing you are 100% right about and that is that every team we will play this year just figured out how to beat our D, if we cant figure out a way to gain a pass rush and run the ball this 4-1 record is nothing but a good start for a mediocre team
                        Here's hoping i am wrong
                        But i dont understand how Fewell keeps getting free passes for his subpar coaching, and schemes
                        i think if DJ does stay on his first order of business should be get a real DC in here
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          OPIv37, there is one thing you are 100% right about and that is that every team we will play this year just figured out how to beat our D, if we cant figure out a way to gain a pass rush and run the ball this 4-1 record is nothing but a good start for a mediocre team
                          Here's hoping i am wrong
                          But i dont understand how Fewell keeps getting free passes for his subpar coaching, and schemes
                          i think if DJ does stay on his first order of business should be get a real DC in here

I've never been a fan of the Tampa 2. After winning the first 4 games and putting up some decent numbers, I was warming up to it. But this game reminds me of why I hated it in the first place. When it get beat, it gets beat BAD. And the whole D is designed to avoid giving up the big play, which means that it allows the opponents to have long drives when it's not working.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

I've never been a fan of the Tampa 2. After winning the first 4 games and putting up some decent numbers, I was warming up to it. But this game reminds me of why I hated it in the first place. When it get beat, it gets beat BAD. And the whole D is designed to avoid giving up the big play, which means that it allows the opponents to have long drives when it's not working.
                            Hence why teams walk up and dow nthe feild, like they did last year, i still think we need a more stoute DT to play next to Stroud, and have Williams and Johnson and McCargo getting rotated in
                            Also i think our DEs need to be more stout agianst the run and collapse the pocket more, also how come Ellison never blitzs? dont they think teams pick up on that
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              heres a positive: JP throws far. Thats it for him, but still a positive.
                              You forgot he dove for that touch down, eh?
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X