PDA

View Full Version : Less than a week until the trade deadline, who can we grab??

Mitchy moo
10-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm of the inclination that Tony Gonzalez is available, give them a 3rd & get him here.

Anyone ??

SquishDaFish
10-08-2008, 06:42 PM
There is never any movement in football like in baseball

Confused
10-08-2008, 06:48 PM
trade peters to SF for their 1st rounder. draft the best OL out there( Monroe) and use our pick on the best remaining OLB.

mchurchfie
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Gonzalez would put us over the top on offense.

hydro
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
We won't do anything drastic or anything at all for that matter. There isn't even a guarantee anyone will make a big move. Just doesn't happen in the NFL that often.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
trade jp for a bag of hammers and a gopher.

HAMMER
10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
trade peters to SF for their 1st rounder. draft the best OL out there( Monroe) and use our pick on the best remaining OLB.

You are confused.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-08-2008, 06:57 PM
it would probably have to be a dead gopher for them to make the deal, but what the heck

Confused
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
why? peters sux goat balls and his value decreases every game. get that fat tub '0' **** the hell outa here!!!!

Confused
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
it would probably have to be a dead gopher for them to make the deal, but what the heck
how dead? i dont wanna get ripped off.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
how dead? i dont wanna get ripped off.

pretty much totally dead to match the usefulness of jp

hydro
10-08-2008, 07:04 PM
why? peters sux goat balls and his value decreases every game. get that fat tub '0' **** the hell outa here!!!!

You're right. His career is over after a few mediocre games. Gimme break :rolleyes:

Confused
10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I dont like him anymore.

hydro
10-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I dont like him anymore.

Well I don't think Ralph or Russ are going to take your opinion to heart and do something drastic. I guess you will just have to learn to like him again.

Mitchy moo
10-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Well I don't think Ralph or Russ are going to take your opinion to heart and do something drastic. I guess you will just have to learn to like him again.

Any players available?????

hydro
10-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Roy Williams is on the block, again. But I doubt he is coming here either.

feldspar
10-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I doubt the Bills make any moves. It's not their style, especially since we don't have any major injuries.

Speaking of injuries, Crowell is probably getting close to being healthy. I think the Cardinals game showed us that we could have used him. Chances are that he would have been back for the Chargers game, where we really COULD use him. Putting him on IR is going to come back to bite us...anyway, I don't think that you can trade a player under any circumstances once you put them on IR, can you? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I know we can release him sometime this year if we do this or that...I bet we end up cutting him loose sometime this year.

It's a real shame because we could have used him.

yordad
10-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I doubt the Bills make any moves. It's not their style, especially since we don't have any major injuries.

Speaking of injuries, Crowell is probably getting close to being healthy. I think the Cardinals game showed us that we could have used him. Chances are that he would have been back for the Chargers game, where we really COULD use him. Putting him on IR is going to come back to bite us...anyway, I don't think that you can trade a player under any circumstances once you put them on IR, can you? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I know we can release him sometime this year if we do this or that...I bet we end up cutting him loose sometime this year.

It's a real shame because we could have used him.Unfortunately you cannot trade a guy on IR. You can only cut him and try to save pay. Seems the Bills would rather pay him.

Shame.

Confused
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Id go so far as to say 75% of the posters on this board sincerely believe Ralphy and Russy-poo do not only read threads on the almighty BZ.com, but base their judgments upon what they read here.:sarcasm2: Why you pickin on me?!

Peters, as we all have seen has been this teams biggest letdown so far. Dont fault me for speculating a win-win senario that gets us some more playmakers.

Marvelous
10-09-2008, 03:35 AM
I'm of the inclination that Tony Gonzalez is available, give them a 3rd & get him here.

Anyone ??

WHAT THE!!!!! Dude, TE isn't the missing piece brotha..
---Guys, time to face it that we aint getting lucky with our TE issues.. We will have to score ours with some stellar above average scouting to land our guy in the 3rd-5th round(ish)...
---A recieving FB with some wheels and average blocking skills will work just fine.....

---Trent Edwards style -VS- Stud TE crying fans(formerly myself)
---Trent throws his shorties to Freddie Jackson & Lynch alot. ABout 10 times a game. That's huge compaired to JP and previous etc.... Those are passes that cut into a TE's attempts.. So It's My honest opinion that we are not as hungry for a stud TE as we used to be...Or it's the obvious missing piece to those who evaluate us on paper..

Here's the positions i put ahead of TE as far as importance & team need etc
--(((in no order)))
--CENTER & CENTER DEPTH--
--CB--Greer is our ONLY reliable corner..Sure Youboty,McGee are good & McKelvin will be good, but right now we are NOT-STELLAR @ CB....Greer is underrated btw...
IMO he did pretty good against Fitzgerald. Gitxgerald is about a foot & a half taller then him(lol) & one of the best in the league...
---Safety depth. I dunno who is worth a dmn when Whitner comes out,,on the rare occasion he comes out, guess i mean more FS then...I never really liked//respected the position(FS) much.. Coverage,over the top blah blah..I keep having horror flashbacks of Troy Vincent and his rediculously pathetic angles to ball carriers....I would love for us to get a FS who can hit like WHitner etc.....
Speaking of FS's worth a dmn,,,WHy isn't George WIlson not starting? Mainly, why is Ko SImpson starting over him? Ko SImpson? Ko SImpson is a average at best DB. & Maybe George Wilson is too...But i do know that Wilson is a playmaker.. Kinda like Mike Brown used to be for Chicago. Just all around the ball and always in the right place,right time etc...

---Agreed guys? That George WIlson should be on the field? See MIami game last year & hands down see Monday night Dallas game where he was allll over the place.........

Marvelous
10-09-2008, 03:36 AM
What are these num,bers under my username? I've been offline since week1
:doh:

jamze132
10-09-2008, 03:47 AM
What are these num,bers under my username? I've been offline since week1
:doh:
You are the 3,211th person to sign up...I think.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2008, 06:53 AM
You are the 3,211th person to sign up...I think.

Dead on!

feldspar
10-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Unfortunately you cannot trade a guy on IR. You can only cut him and try to save pay. Seems the Bills would rather pay him.

Shame.

Yeah, it IS a shame.

We would rather save a timeout than throw a critical challenge flag.

And we would rather throw arguably our best linebacker away for the season once he rubs us the wrong way.

Stupid, really...and I can't believe that nobody is actually bringing this up after this week's piss-poor defensive showing.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Yeah, it IS a shame.

And we would rather throw arguably our best linebacker away for the season once he rubs us the wrong way.

Stupid, really...and I can't believe that nobody is actually bringing this up after this week's piss-poor defensive showing.

This was a message to the players, play ball with us and we'll pay you. Screw with us and you're sitting at home. They sent the same message with Peters and never waivered, so I'll safely say the message is clear to all.

No 1 player is above the team, not here.

Mr. Pink
10-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Trades in the NFL are very very rare during the season.

I'd be shocked to see more than 1 league wide, let alone us make one.

blackonyx89
10-09-2008, 08:23 AM

Anyone ??

I wish there was a dominant DE available!!! We don't have enough pressure on the QB!!!

jamze132
10-09-2008, 10:14 AM
This was a message to the players, play ball with us and we'll pay you. Screw with us and you're sitting at home. They sent the same message with Peters and never waivered, so I'll safely say the message is clear to all.

No 1 player is above the team, not here.
Exactly.

jamze132
10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah, it IS a shame.

It would not have been overruled even if Dick through the flag, I saw no problem with it after seeing the replays.

Crowell was overrated. We would have lost last week even if he was out there. The message sent to the team was worth way more than what he would have brought to this team. I didn't get any indication the Bills were going to re-sign him after the season anyways.

Oaf
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
:mex: T Gonze, 3rd rounder. Complete the offense. Or drop a 6th rounder for Drew Carter or Ruvell Martin. Trade Ellison for a 7th and sign Sam Cowart.

Lexwhat
10-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I think the only move that makes sense is Tony Gonzalez, but there's no way we acquire him.

We'll be idle, just like most other teams.

VeggieMan14
10-09-2008, 12:06 PM
yea brotha :snicker:

Buckets
10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
I have a feeling Packman Jones might be availabe again.