PDA

View Full Version : So... who was better, McKelvin or DRC?

yordad
10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
So... who was better, McKelvin or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, the Cardinals rookie CB? What did you guys see? Anything?

Confused
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Mckelvin has been a huge disapointment so far when you compare him to Tracy Porter or Darrelle Revis last year. He hasnt even been a shadow Devin Hester on returns.

On the other side of the coin and off topic, Hardy looked good sunday. I say leave him in. Reed and Parrish can fight over the slot. lets give the " heir apparent" his reps.

Griff
10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
uh... its too early to tell.

PECKERWOOD
10-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I don't think McKelvin was God awful. What it boils down to is, it's just football. Arizona had the much favorable match up, Fitzgerald vs Greer, enough said. Sometimes we over anaylize the situation, having McGee in would've helped alot, I'm sure but here is an interesting stat, since Whisenhunt has been the HC in Arizona, they've had a record of 8-2 at home.

yordad
10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
uh... its too early to tell.It is too early to tell who has played better thus far? Particularly in the last game?

I'm not making a case for either, I was just wondering if anyone had any insight.

Griff
10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
It is too early to tell who has played better thus far? Particularly in the last game?

I'm not making a case for either, I was just wondering if anyone had any insight.

well DRC got burned by Evans for the TD and I'm sure McKelvin was scored on at some point, so I say as a casual, and ever angering viewer it was a wash.

Buffalogic
10-08-2008, 09:54 PM
They both got smoked on the regular and for tds.

dasaybz
10-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Mckelvin has been a huge disapointment so far when you compare him to Tracy Porter or Darrelle Revis last year. He hasnt even been a shadow Devin Hester on returns.

On the other side of the coin and off topic, Hardy looked good sunday. I say leave him in. Reed and Parrish can fight over the slot. lets give the " heir apparent" his reps.

Doesn't McKelvin have one of the highest return averages in the NFL as far as kick returns goes? He was close to breaking a couple last week.

dasaybz
10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
He's 9th in the NFL as far as regular return guys go.

jamze132
10-09-2008, 03:59 AM
It's too eary to tell how good either of these guys will be become in the future. Just because one guy looks better in his first year, doesn't necessarily mean he is better. There are too many variables that go into that including, the team, the style of defense, the personnel on the defense, etc.

Night Train
10-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Wow. Rookie CB's getting beat. That NEVER happens ! :D:

Check back in 3-4 years. Grade = Incomplete

ALL D
10-09-2008, 05:48 AM
I rate McKelvin as our #3 returner...

Not very promising on "D" either...

I am really happy with Poz's play to date...

X-Era
10-09-2008, 06:21 AM
So... who was better, McKelvin or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, the Cardinals rookie CB? What did you guys see? Anything?

:movie:

tampabay25690
10-09-2008, 07:06 AM
uh... its too early to tell.

You can't ask this ??? now anyway, both of those guys went to small schools and it will take time for them to get adjusted but both will be fine football players in years to come....Why do so many of you expect rookies to just be studs right away....

McKelvin will be fine and he will be the starting CB on this team in the next year or Two...He will turn out to be a good Football player!!!

DraftBoy
10-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Defensively DRC has been better so far, but he's also played more. Return wise McKelvin is better. Neither has absolutely stood out.

That Evans TD was as much on the safety failing to get to his zone as it was on DRC, it was a Cover 2 coverage that got busted.

mysticsoto
10-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Personally, I haven't been impressed with McKelvin so far. I am trying to keep in mind that he is just a rookie and that he may get better. But what he has shown so far hasn't been anything special in defense or STs. DRC hasn't done much either yet. But DRC was always considered to be the bigger project while McKelvin was supposed to be more NFL ready. So that is a concern of mine. I suppose time will tell...

theanswer74
10-09-2008, 07:54 AM
You really cant judge anyone right now in terms of mistakes or getting beat, you just look at their demeanor on the field. McKelvin looks the part. He is by far our most aggressive CB already and our most intense and confident CB.

He was considered the most talented CB in the draft, so you add his aggressiveness, confidence, intensity, and talent together, there is no doubt in my mind McKelvin with be a shut down CB in the NFL.

justasportsfan
10-09-2008, 09:18 AM
HArd t tell because Leodis has been kept on the bench with the cb's in front of him stepping up the first 4 games.

Sjohnson4Roty
10-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Personally I do not care right now how Leodis is doing. This was the first time he has had major playing time. I think he made a couple of good plays this week and hopefully it will continue in the future. I think Leodis will become a star in my opinion. Can you remember one cornerback we drafted in the early rounds that has been a bust. I know I can not remember for the life of me. I thought Youboty was going to be a bust but he has proved us wrong. We have had Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield, Terrance Mcgee and now Leodis will take over the role of the number one corner in a few years!

EDS
10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't think McKelvin was God awful. What it boils down to is, it's just football. Arizona had the much favorable match up, Fitzgerald vs Greer, enough said. Sometimes we over anaylize the situation, having McGee in would've helped alot, I'm sure but here is an interesting stat, since Whisenhunt has been the HC in Arizona, they've had a record of 8-2 at home.

I don't think having McGee on Fitzgerald would make much of a difference. Fitzgerald is too big and strong for either of them and both give too much of a cushion off of the line.

X-Era
10-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Defensively DRC has been better so far, but he's also played more. Return wise McKelvin is better. Neither has absolutely stood out.

That Evans TD was as much on the safety failing to get to his zone as it was on DRC, it was a Cover 2 coverage that got busted.

After our back and forth on whom the Bills should draft, all I have to say is:

Give it another 2 years and we will know.

FlyingDutchman
10-09-2008, 06:45 PM
too early to tell. who REALLY has stood out from the rookies this year? he'll be fine. Look at Gholston, he hasnt done a thing.

DraftBoy
10-10-2008, 06:57 AM

Give it another 2 years and we will know.

I doubt we'll be waiting that long. We should have a good idea by end of next year. Both should be starting by then.

TigerJ
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm not really disappointed by McKelvin. The fact that he hasn't been on the field for the defense that much says more about the depth of in the Bills secondary as it does about McKelvin's play on the field. He did come from a small school, and is a little further behind in technique compared with a CB drafted from a big time program in college. He's gotten burned a few times, as you expect from a rookie, but he's also made good plays. He's got good instincts and lots of upside. He's going to be fine.

yordad
10-10-2008, 09:47 AM

Give it another 2 years and we will know.We need two more years just to compare how they played in their last game?