PDA

View Full Version : I told you so and there is only one solution!

HHURRICANE
10-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Look, I'm very encouraged by this team. Young talent, an emerging star QB, and time to get better. The team is also fun to watch (only when Edwards is playing).

But I warned everyone here that the recipe for success was written by the Giants last year. Without a good pass rush this team is going to struggle, especially against good QBs.

If we give Rivers time he will clean our clocks in a week and I think the wheels can come off pretty quickly after this.

Schobel sucks. Period. As usual this board falls in love with their own but it's time to make a radical move.

Move him to LB or sit him. A week on the bench might encourage him to stop whinning about how old he is and actually perform.

Now, I know it's just bad angles that's causing him to not get sacks but in my humble opinon it could just be that his attitude sucks and he's underperforming. Bench him for a game and see what happens.

Pinkerton Security
10-09-2008, 08:49 AM
EVERYONE knows that a good pass rush is very important. for the record, you didnt tell us anything we didnt know.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2008, 08:50 AM
You were right, you told us so. Over and over and over again.

I've been saying for years now that Schobel is the Garbage time Sack Master. He's seldom to be found when the game matters.

All hail hhurricane :bow:

Jan Reimers
10-09-2008, 09:48 AM
I agree that we desperately need a pass rush, but I think we lack the talent at DE to accomplish it. We really have no one to replace Schobel, unless Chris Ellis goes from inactive rookie to the reincarnation of Bruce Smith in the next week.

I think some blitz packages utilizing the LBs and Safeties is our best hope until we can acquire/draft a pass rushing DE.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2008, 09:49 AM
EVERYONE knows that a good pass rush is very important. for the record, you didnt tell us anything we didnt know.

What I said was that we needed to address Schobel's replacement after the 2007 season to which everyone thought I was nuts.

hydro
10-09-2008, 10:02 AM
What I said was that we needed to address Schobel's replacement after the 2007 season to which everyone thought I was nuts.

Not EVERYONE. Although I am sure some didn't agree with you. But you told them, not everyone.

patmoran2006
10-09-2008, 10:07 AM
The defense is different with Ellison in there.

They cant blitz with as many packages, because he's not anywhere as effective as crowell in pressure or coverage.

Shame, because our front four is simply not consistent at getting to the QB.

Lexwhat
10-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Look, I'm very encouraged by this team. Young talent, an emerging star QB, and time to get better. The team is also fun to watch (only when Edwards is playing).

But I warned everyone here that the recipe for success was written by the Giants last year. Without a good pass rush this team is going to struggle, especially against good QBs.

If we give Rivers time he will clean our clocks in a week and I think the wheels can come off pretty quickly after this.

Schobel sucks. Period. As usual this board falls in love with their own but it's time to make a radical move.

Move him to LB or sit him. A week on the bench might encourage him to stop whinning about how old he is and actually perform.

Now, I know it's just bad angles that's causing him to not get sacks but in my humble opinon it could just be that his attitude sucks and he's underperforming. Bench him for a game and see what happens.

Trust me, I was right there with you, cheerleading for a DE with our 1st round pick.

Derrick Harvey was picked at #9, so we couldn't get him. The player I wanted next was Branden Albert, although we could have drafted any other offensive lineman (Ryan Clady, Jeff Otah), and I still would have been happy.

It's no secret: I hate the McKelvin pick. He might turn out to be a good player, but I still think it would have been better to get a CB in the later rounds. I feel like we wasted our 1st round pick.

Like you said HHurricane, our lavishly-paid defensive ends are not getting much pressure. Sadly, I think this will be our downfall as the season progresses.

BlackMetalNinja
10-09-2008, 12:21 PM
OMG Smartest Poster Evar!

mayotm
10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
HH, I love how you come in with all these "I told you so" threads. How about a few "sorry I was wrong" threads for all the things you've been wrong about.

mchurchfie
10-09-2008, 01:52 PM
A good pass rush and all of the sudden our secondary will start looking a hell of alot better.

PECKERWOOD
10-09-2008, 02:01 PM

I've been saying for years now that Schobel is the Garbage time Sack Master. He's seldom to be found when the game matters.

This is one thing I agree with you 100% on.

zone
10-09-2008, 02:44 PM
We are really missing Hargrove this year, I would have loved to see him with the revamped front.

Griff
10-09-2008, 03:04 PM
and who takes over Copeland? Ellis? You just told us to fix a crack in the windshield with a hammer.

HHURRICANE
10-10-2008, 08:57 AM
HH, I love how you come in with all these "I told you so" threads. How about a few "sorry I was wrong" threads for all the things you've been wrong about.

I admit when I'm wrong. JP is a clear cut case where I've admitted that I was dead wrong and of course that pissed off the JP nut huggers. So don't act like you get a "that a boy" for admitting when you are.

I took a ton of crap on Schobel so I don't mind throwing it out there.

DynaPaul
10-11-2008, 02:20 AM

I'm thinking Schobel is the white Marcellus Wiley.

mayotm
10-11-2008, 06:53 AM
I admit when I'm wrong. JP is a clear cut case where I've admitted that I was dead wrong and of course that pissed off the JP nut huggers. So don't act like you get a "that a boy" for admitting when you are.

I took a ton of crap on Schobel so I don't mind throwing it out there.Sorry, you've been wrong about a lot more than just Losman. That's why I'm so amused by this gem of a thread. It's almost as amusing as the one you started a few weeks back claiming you were the smartest poster on the Bills Zone.

Turf
10-11-2008, 07:25 AM
So as usual our line play on both sides of the ball sucks. What's new.

Griff
10-11-2008, 02:36 PM
So as usual our line play on both sides of the ball sucks. What's new.

Actually our Dline is playing pretty well, we're not getting the pressure we would like out of them, but they are pretty much stuffing the run. I know we're 19th against the run, but we've also played two top six rushing offenses and only allowed 1 100 yard rusher this season. I think we need more blitz packages when McGee is healthy.