• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbochan
    Zamboni Driver
    • Jun 2008

The Luck O' Malarchuk

An ex-National Hockey League goalie — best known for surviving a skate slice across his jugular during a game — accidentally shot himself in the chin Tuesday with a .22-caliber rifle at his Fish Springs residence.

clicky clicky for rest of story
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Luck O' Malarchuk

somehow i dont think this was an accident.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dude
      that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
      • Feb 2005

Sad story. I always liked Clint. Sure hope he wasn't trying to off himself.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
        • Aug 2005

Ex-NHL goalie Malarchuk accidently shot in face

Ex-National Hockey League goalie Clint Malarchuk was recovering in hospital from his second nightmarish accident in 19 years after accidently shooting himself in the face with a hunting rifle on Tuesday.

The 47-year-old Malarchuk was rushed to hospital here after he shot himself with a .22-calibre rifle at his residence, The Record-Courier newspaper reported Wednesday.

In 1989, Malarchuk almost lost his life in an horrific on-ice accident where his jugular vein was severed by a errant skate while he was playing goal for the Buffalo Sabres.

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

It was definitely a failed suicide attempt, he didn't want help from the EMT's. Hellllllllllllllllo psych ward! Poor guy.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            It was definitely a failed suicide attempt, he didn't want help from the EMT's. Hellllllllllllllllo psych ward! Poor guy.
            It wasn't "definitely" a failed suicide attempt until he or the cops confirm it. However, I would say that it's most likely a failed suicide attempt because no one who knows the first thing about guns would EVER "accidentally" position a loaded firearm with the business end pointed at their chin.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
            X