1/4 of the year done and my position grades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

1/4 of the year done and my position grades

QB- I have to make 2 grades. Trent gets a A, and JP gets a D. Trent has proved why hes the starter on our team, JP proved just the opposite.

RB- B+. This has to do mainly with the OL, but Jackson and Lynch are both elite and with how bad our OL has played, they should be averaging less that 2.0 pc.

WR- B+. Even last game, our WR did not drop any passes and other than Jenkins, no WR has a penalty so far. Hardy has a TD, and 6 catches so far, and 4 drops. Average for a rookie, but he did show last game why we drafted him. Reed is great, when you need a gain, hes there. Evans is also having his best game so far in his career. This is also with Parrish playing only 2 games.

TE- D- About 10 catches is better than last year, but 6 came in one game. They need to step.

OL- F- I dont even want to comment

DL- C+- should do this seperate, Stroud, Williams, and Kelsay look great, but Bryan, McCargo, and Schobel look horrible. WE NEED TO PLAY ELLIS!

LB- B+- Pos=god, Mitchell is a freak, Ellison is, is, well nothing. If we have 1 more LB, we would have a top 5 LB corp.

DB- B- Greer looks good, McGee looks great, Whitner looks great. Ko looks ok, and McKelvin gets a C.

ST- D- Lindell and Moorman look great, but whats up with the returns? Our return game took a big hit.

Coaching- B- all games but last game, the coaching was A+. What happened to the seattle game though Perry?

Team- B. Overall we look good, but lets go back to Seattle game form.
  • BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

Re: 1/4 of the year done and my position grades

I would agree on all fronts except I think we still get good returns out of special teams. You cant expect a TD every time.
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Mitchell55
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
      I would agree on all fronts except I think we still get good returns out of special teams. You cant expect a TD every time.

True, but its a big drop from last year.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mitchell59
        True, but its a big drop from last year.
        Look at the averages per return on punts and KOs. It is not a big drop.

Schobel is not horrible.

Ellis is a rookie not ready to lay in the bigs.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchell55
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          Look at the averages per return on punts and KOs. It is not a big drop.

Schobel is not horrible.

Ellis is a rookie not ready to lay in the bigs.

Ellis will never be able to unless he actually plays. You cant say someone isnt ready without giving him a shot. Ellis is a better DE than Bryan and yet Bryan plays. Also, Schobel isnt horrible, but he has played horrible.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Ellis will never be able to unless he actually plays. You cant say someone isnt ready without giving him a shot. Ellis is a better DE than Bryan and yet Bryan plays. Also, Schobel isnt horrible, but he has played horrible.
            Ellis is not currently better than Bryan. He will be, but is not at this time.

Schobel has been bad against the pass, but very good against the run.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• billogic99
              • Oct 2008

QB- I have to make 2 grades. Trent gets a A, and JP gets a D. Trent has proved why hes the starter on our team, JP proved just the opposite.

RB- B+. This has to do mainly with the OL, but Jackson and Lynch are both elite and with how bad our OL has played, they should be averaging less that 2.0 pc.

WR- B+. Even last game, our WR did not drop any passes and other than Jenkins, no WR has a penalty so far. Hardy has a TD, and 6 catches so far, and 4 drops. Average for a rookie, but he did show last game why we drafted him. Reed is great, when you need a gain, hes there. Evans is also having his best game so far in his career. This is also with Parrish playing only 2 games.

TE- D- About 10 catches is better than last year, but 6 came in one game. They need to step.

OL- F- I dont even want to comment

DL- C+- should do this seperate, Stroud, Williams, and Kelsay look great, but Bryan, McCargo, and Schobel look horrible. WE NEED TO PLAY ELLIS!

LB- B+- Pos=god, Mitchell is a freak, Ellison is, is, well nothing. If we have 1 more LB, we would have a top 5 LB corp.

DB- B- Greer looks good, McGee looks great, Whitner looks great. Ko looks ok, and McKelvin gets a C.

ST- D- Lindell and Moorman look great, but whats up with the returns? Our return game took a big hit.

Coaching- B- all games but last game, the coaching was A+. What happened to the seattle game though Perry?

Team- B. Overall we look good, but lets go back to Seattle game form.
              I know the Bills have no choice but to play the schedule they're given, but did you take into account the poor play of the offense in the firSt 3 qtrs of each game so far? I think the play has been rather stagnant including Trents play. Lynch has had a very avg season so far and the TE's just don't seem to exist. I think Trent's grade should be a low B maybe even a high C given the poor play in all but the 4th qtr of the first 5 games, last week excluded, obviously. I think Trent hast the 4th qtr play down very well, but there are 3 other qtrs that he needs to be productive in to earn an A grade, IMO.

Comment

• Griff
                • Jul 2008

Schobel has been fantastic in every aspect but sack numbers.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by billogic99
                  I know the Bills have no choice but to play the schedule they're given, but did you take into account the poor play of the offense in the firSt 3 qtrs of each game so far? I think the play has been rather stagnant including Trents play. Lynch has had a very avg season so far and the TE's just don't seem to exist. I think Trent's grade should be a low B maybe even a high C given the poor play in all but the 4th qtr of the first 5 games, last week excluded, obviously. I think Trent hast the 4th qtr play down very well, but there are 3 other qtrs that he needs to be productive in to earn an A grade, IMO.

Trent has a 74 QB rating in the 1st, 67.9 in the 2nd, 94 in the 3rd, and 136.6 in 4th. Thats not great, but the 2nd half makes him a A. Also in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, he has a 61+ CPT so far and has most of his yards in the 1st and 4th. The TE get a C just for being there from time to time. You dont see them, then you see a 20 yard gain and thats it. Lynch has a average season because of the OL playing HORRIBLE.

Comment

• Confused
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jun 2007

Jackson is not elite. ever.

sorry if my post is just one negative comment but....

great thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SpillerThrills
                      • Oct 2005

there must be a reason why Ellis isn't playing... hell he's not even active for most games so far, if any. sure he's a rookie and he needs playing time to see if he's gonna work out or not, but he's gotta show something in practice for them to let him play in the actual game.
                      2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
                      2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
                      2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
                      2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Jackson ELITE at RB?? Really??

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!