PDA

View Full Version : McGee

mchurchfie
10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
A lot of people made a big deal about him being gone last week and how it afffected our defense. I think that McGee is a decent and much improving corner but his absence last week was waaay overrated. We didn't drop off much on kick returns and any CB would have had a long day with the scheme we were running and our lack of pressure on the QB.

patmoran2006
10-09-2008, 02:04 PM
hes the best cover guy on this team,b y a mile.

mybills
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
He'd be in Fitz' face the whole time had he played.

OpIv37
10-09-2008, 02:26 PM
He'd be in Fitz' face the whole time had he played.

I disagree.

Fewell had the DB's playing off the receivers all day long. McGee would have been eaten alive just like Greer because Fewell wasn't putting the CB's in a position to make plays.

mchurchfie
10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
hes the best cover guy on this team,b y a mile.
He is but that really isn't saying that much with this secondary. Everyone dogged out Greer on his performance last week but with the slants that they were running against an All-pro receiver he really didn't have a chance. They had him lined up 10 yards off and he got no help from the LBs.

RockStar36
I disagree.

Fewell had the DB's playing off the receivers all day long. McGee would have been eaten alive just like Greer because Fewell wasn't putting the CB's in a position to make plays.

I'm glad someone else actually watched the game.

mchurchfie
I disagree.

:bf1:Thank you.

yordad
10-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, I think the position they were in might have had a little something to do with a lack of McGee. We got ate alive. Compare it to our past games. Big difference.

Now whether the difference was a lack of McGee, we can all only speculate.

zone
10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
He would have had at least 2 picks last week.

mchurchfie
10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Well, I think the position they were in might have had a little something to do with a lack of McGee. We got ate alive. Compare it to our past games. Big difference.

I think our lack of pass rush against a top-rated offense and Warner's precision passing had to do with most of it.

Griff
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
yeah I'm beginning to think the worst player on our defense last week was our DC.

EDS
10-09-2008, 03:05 PM

The Bills defensive performance over the past several years (i.e., the Fewell years) clearly shows that, when the Bills are not getting a pass rush, the Bills will get picked apart by a quarterback who can accurately connect on short throws because of the huge cushion the Bills corners give to receivers. Brady has done this on numerous occassions.

Rarely were the Bills beat down the field last week. Everything was underneath. I don't think Fitz caught a pass for more then a dozen yards all game.

mchurchfie
10-09-2008, 03:21 PM
I wish we had Winfield and Pat Williams back from Minny. Twon was a one man wrecking crew last week against NO.

Patti120
10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
How does Mike Gandy start on an o-line and we can't get pressure on the QB. Blows my mind!

OpIv37
10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
The Bills defensive performance over the past several years (i.e., the Fewell years) clearly shows that, when the Bills are not getting a pass rush, the Bills will get picked apart by a quarterback who can accurately connect on short throws because of the huge cushion the Bills corners give to receivers. Brady has done this on numerous occassions.

Rarely were the Bills beat down the field last week. Everything was underneath. I don't think Fitz caught a pass for more then a dozen yards all game.

that's fine when you can limit those dozen yard passes. But 4 12-yard passes equals 1 bomb downfield. And we were handing them those 12 yard passes. On top of that, a 12 yard pass is a much higher percentage play than a bomb downfield.

All the strategy did was increase their time of possession and wear our defense down.

mchurchfie
10-09-2008, 03:57 PM
How does Mike Gandy start on an o-line and we can't get pressure on the QB. Blows my mind!
He could have helped that immensely by starting on the Card's Oline.:up:

EDS
10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
that's fine when you can limit those dozen yard passes. But 4 12-yard passes equals 1 bomb downfield. And we were handing them those 12 yard passes. On top of that, a 12 yard pass is a much higher percentage play than a bomb downfield.

All the strategy did was increase their time of possession and wear our defense down.

I am not saying that the Bills have a winning strategy (i.e., giving up the short passes). Rather, they need to be more aggressive on the underneath stuff.

Oaf
10-09-2008, 08:05 PM
The LBs were slow as hell getting across the field in the OLB role for the Cover 2, especially Mitchell. That's where I think DiG could succeed.

DrGraves
10-09-2008, 09:03 PM
i disagree, we looked like **** last week. at the very least his absence changed our defensive strategy, which was horrible.

Confused
10-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Trade mcgee. start youboty.
mcgee has NEVER impressed me with his cover skills. ever. Its a sad statement that he is the best we have to offer on this team.

mybills
10-10-2008, 06:41 AM
He would have had at least 2 picks last week.
I agree.

Confused, that's a really, really good user name you picked. :up: