PDA

View Full Version : What is the fascination with JPLosman?

mybills
10-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Do we really have to see his name everywhere until the San Diego game? Are there any threads about game plays that the coaches may use for that game? You know, plays that the whole team might use, since it's a team sport? No matter who the QB is, (although most likely Trent) there's got to be a plan after correcting the putrid mistakes this team made in last week.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2008, 07:14 AM
I just took the same approach in the thread about our defense playing worse with JP. Some posters just want to mindlessly bash the guy, even though he's no longer an issue.

SquishDaFish
10-10-2008, 08:08 AM
I completely agree. Great posting :clap:

Now I wish these people would just drop the damn issue already.

trapezeus
10-10-2008, 08:29 AM
the issue has come up because he played poorly and the status of trent is unknown. he holds his piece to the puzzle as to why the team lost.

no one talked about him when he was on the bench. but he's played and he played poorly. he's fair game. and as long as he has people making excuses for him, there will be people arguing against it.

justasportsfan
10-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I just took the same approach in the thread about our defense playing worse with JP. Some posters just want to mindlessly bash the guy, even though he's no longer an issue.
it's pathetic to blame the performance of the D on JP. This team had to come from behind to beat the rams' O and when they faced a top 5 O in the cards, their performance all of a sudden is blamed on the back up qb.

Some people here are on crack. They are looking for a scapegoat to blame the team loss on one person.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2008, 08:55 AM
is it a coincidence that the Bills lose when Lossman is in there? :huh:

trapezeus
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
is it a coincidence that the Bills lose when Lossman is in there? :huh:

no, losman is a blameless saint who inherits bad situations such as a defense who only made a couple stops during the game. but that is the excuse that allows us to say losman is a great backup even though he can't keep us in a game that turned into a shootout. he won't keep you in game where the defense gives up 18 points. 1 bomb, one drive from midfield, and then nothing. 77 yards throwing before the last drive and without the bomb. Classic losman. Send him back to California.

Philagape
10-10-2008, 09:05 AM
I see a wide range of critics, but only the same old few defending him, so who's more obsessed?

Griff
10-10-2008, 09:21 AM
yeah our team does need to play better than last week, however it doesn't help having to play with a handicap.

mybills
10-10-2008, 09:26 AM
losman is a blameless saint
no he's not, but enough is enough.

Now, if the Bills have McGee back, and hopefully Roscoe (I don't buy 10 weeks) they can do some damage. If SD gets pass happy, we've got this game won. Plus, coming off the bye, and studying the last two weeks of film on them oughta help. I seriously doubt PF will have another travesty type plan.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2008, 09:27 AM
JP is our backup, pure and simple. He had a QB rating of 101.3 on Sunday, which ain't bad for a backup. He did turn the ball over too much and took too many sacks, which is why he is now the backup.

But to put the blame on him for the Arizona loss, when the defense folded up like a cheap suitcase, is extraordinary. The hatred toward him is extraordinary, and the number of negative posts toward a backup QB is extraordinary.

I would say it's the small but vocal group of Losman haters that are obsessed.

trapezeus
10-10-2008, 09:29 AM
no he's not, but enough is enough.

Now, if the Bills have McGee back, and hopefully Roscoe (I don't buy 10 weeks) they can do some damage. If SD gets pass happy, we've got this game won. Plus, coming off the bye, and studying the last two weeks of film on them oughta help. I seriously doubt PF will have another travesty type plan.

true on the defensive help, but with losman as the QB, they will not win this game. and that's why there is so much anger with having him back there.

He can't even just manage to run an efficient offense. he crumbles back there and it's a huge impediment. for those of us who think the team is coming into its own this year, it's real annoying to have to see remenants from the past.

mybills
10-10-2008, 09:29 AM
The OL got Trent killed, and almost got JP killed. They we're saints either.

How do they beat San Diego? What should the plan be?

mybills
10-10-2008, 09:31 AM
btw, if Trent is out for the SD game, don't worry..JP plays good every other game.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
btw, if Trent is out for the SD game, don't worry..JP plays good every other game.

:nervous:

OpIv37
10-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Some people hate JP and want to blame him for everything that goes wrong on the field, even when it's not his fault.

Some people took a very strong pro-JP stance when he first got here. They haven't relinquished their pro-JP sentiments despite his lack of results and blame everyone except JP himself.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. JP did not play a good game, but he didn't screw up the run blocking and he wasn't on the field when the D was getting schooled. He was one of many factors in the loss, but far from the only factor or even the main factor.

trapezeus
10-10-2008, 09:41 AM

if he was as consistent as every other game, i'd probably be much more at ease. Jp is much more sporadic than every other game.

to answer your other post, what does this team need to do to win

with or without jp, the defense needs to stop the run. i think this is more possible, because the receiving corp of SD does not cause the matchup problems that arizona gave us. i don't think Mcgee will be back until the jets game in November. I don't think him being out vs SD will be as much of a hinderance as it was with the cardinals.

i think our offense has more options with edwards capable of making all the throws and having a quicker release. it makes the screen passes more effective, it makes those 10-15 yard passes better. With losman, both of those plays which have been the bills bread and butter will be off the table. it makes it harder to run if you can't get those 10-15 yard passes keeping the safeties in check. i think the bills running long diversified drives and not making it a shootout. you get two early defensive stops and two long TD drives, you dictate the flow of the game.

mybills
10-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I don't think it matters who our QB is if they can move the ball down the field with dink & dunks & Lynch. If the OL can create holes and Butler, Fowler & Peters take their heads out of their butts, we should do fine.

Griff
10-10-2008, 10:03 AM
JP is our backup, pure and simple. He had a QB rating of 101.3 on Sunday, which ain't bad for a backup. He did turn the ball over too much and took too many sacks, which is why he is now the backup.

But to put the blame on him for the Arizona loss, when the defense folded up like a cheap suitcase, is extraordinary. The hatred toward him is extraordinary, and the number of negative posts toward a backup QB is extraordinary.

yeah I wonder what his rating would be if they counted fumbles as ints

justasportsfan
10-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Some people hate JP and want to blame him for everything that goes wrong on the field, even when it's not his fault.

. this is the problem here. I've stated that he made his mistakes and had his part in losing the game but yet, he gets blamed for the D vs. a top 5 O and the jenkins screw up.

trapezeus
10-10-2008, 10:45 AM
as poorly the bills d played, the team was in the game at the start of 3rd. yet countless sacks and fumbles and INT later, game was over. who was the head of that on the offensive side? JP. has he done a lot in the past to stem the critism? nope. would edwards get a pass because he's been more effective throughout his year and a half? yes.

No one is claiming jenkins offside call was Losman's fault. but we are saying that the defense just got worse as the offense didn't stay off the field. i've done the drive by drive analysis of where losman was not effective in other posts.

in a shootout, he should have kept us in it like all the jp fans said he was going to do should he have to play. he didn't just like most of us said he wouldn't. if losman wasn't playing at all or didn't contribute to a loss, i wouldn't say anything about him.

to see his similar play yet again, when the season is showing more promise, it's really irritating.

justasportsfan
10-10-2008, 10:50 AM
as poorly the bills d played, the team was in the game at the start of 3rd. .
the team was in the game INSPITE OF THE D because the O scored 17 points. yet you forget to mention that and jump to the part where he made mistakes. Typical. You also forgot to blame JP for the OL penalties. You're slowing down Trap.

Yasgur's Farm
10-10-2008, 10:58 AM
yeah I wonder what his rating would be if they counted fumbles as intsGet educated... INT's are part of the passer rating formula.

Comp % + yards/attempt + TD % + INT %... Those are the 4 components.

trapezeus
10-10-2008, 10:59 AM
the market has fallen over 600 points two days in a row and then rebounded. it makes posting as regularly kinda difficult.

1 lucky bomb and one TD drive from half field with the running being the key hardly constitutes as JP being the brains behind it. had they scored those 17 points and changed the momentum of the game by holding on to the ball, perhaps the defense doesn't crumble away in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I hope we sign JP again next year because he had a 101 rating and just gets put in bad positions where he can't overcome. This is your line of thinking. my line of thinking is that every game has its challenges and if your a first round talent that the team gave up multiple picks, you better be able to handle yourself in a shootout.

and even more hilarious is that we're chatting about this like it's just this one game for losman. This game has been his entire career. He's a failure as a starter and now he's showing he's a failure as a backup. the guy has no value in the NFL and in two years time that will be seen as he'll be out of the league.

mybills
10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
DAMN IT!!!! It's not fascinating. That was sarcasm in the title! :earpoke:

zone
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
The team is a completely different product on the field when JP plays and not for the better. Anyone that can't see that needs to have their eyes checked.

zone
10-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Get educated... INT's are part of the passer rating formula.

I think he was implying that he would like fumbles to be counted as INT's.

Crisis
10-10-2008, 03:16 PM

get educated...and learn to read what he was saying

Crisis
10-10-2008, 03:19 PM
and the bottom line is this team is going to as far as the quarterback takes them...and if trent isn't ready to go soon we're going to have a good draft pick again.

losman wasn't all of the problem on sunday but he sure as hell will NEVER be part of the solution. i think we have a right to call out a ****ty player playing the most important position on the field.

Griff
10-10-2008, 03:34 PM

wow you completely missed the point. I said I wonder what his rating would've been if fumbles counted too... I know they don't, maybe you need education too, perhaps a reading comprehension class.

Albany,n.y.
10-10-2008, 04:10 PM

QB ratings aren't worth a warm bucket of spit!
If anyone has any doubt as to how totally worthless they are, just re-watch the game and tell me that the 101.3 relates to anything that happened on the field.
Rob Johnson used to put up aome pretty good QB ratings too, JP is no better than Rob Johnson other than he doesn't get hurt in every season, only 3 of his 4 going into this season.

Mr. Pink
10-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I guarantee you that the "fascination" with the bum will end once he's no longer here.

As long as he's here and contributing to more losses, I mean after all, that's what JP does best...there will continue to be threads and comments about him.

Yasgur's Farm
10-10-2008, 05:24 PM
wow you completely missed the point. I said I wonder what his rating would've been if fumbles counted too... I know they don't, maybe you need education too, perhaps a reading comprehension class.1st... At least I read posts before I ignore the content and post anyway.
2nd... I apologize for my mistake.

im4bflo
10-10-2008, 11:41 PM
the D and O-line caved, but that's Losman's fault. :rolleyes:

Crisis
10-10-2008, 11:53 PM
the D and O-line caved, but that's Losman's fault. :rolleyes:

jp got blown out with the same team edwards was 4-0 with.

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2008, 12:14 AM
I read the first post of this thread, I predict that this thread turns into a Losman vs Edwards discussion. :rolleyes:

Mitchell55
10-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Do we really have to see his name everywhere until the San Diego game? Are there any threads about game plays that the coaches may use for that game? You know, plays that the whole team might use, since it's a team sport? No matter who the QB is, (although most likely Trent) there's got to be a plan after correcting the putrid mistakes this team made in last week.

I forgot all about him. Thanks for reminding me.

mybills
10-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I forgot all about him. Thanks for reminding me.
cute. now answer the question.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2008, 09:08 AM

fumbles and sacks should be included. that's why i say that the Passer Rating is useless.