• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Zone Exclusive: Devin's Bold Picks

Enjoy!
    Typically, I’m annoyed by the bye week, and bored as ever with my team not playing, but this year is a little different. After Buffalo got dismantled in Arizona and Trent Edwards got injured, it feels pretty good to just take a week off and know that my team is 4-1 and in first place in the AFC East. Plus the NHL season is kicking off this weekend, so during the break I can use up my time by watching the Sabres (hopefully) prove everyone wrong. It could be a good year for the Buffalo sports scene in general. Much like the good year I’m having in my picks.

Last week I finished with a strong 10-4 record, which bumped me up to 50-24 for the season. Of course, in my pick ‘em league I accidentally picked one wrong than I did in my article, so I actually have 51 right in that league, which is good enough for a tie for first place. That is much better than I’m used to doing in picks, and I’m hoping to continue this trend throughout the season. So with that, here are my bold picks.

Lions @ VIKINGS

- I don’t really think the Vikings fully deserved that win Monday night, but a win is a win and that’s all that counts. No matter how bad I think the Vikings QB situation is, I don’t see how they can possibly lose to Detroit. The Lions are honestly getting my hopes up for a 0-16 season which I’ve yet to ever see (thanks Baltimore).

Rams @ REDSKINS

- This game has lopsided written all over it. The Redskins have been hot ever since their ugly opening night loss, and the Rams have been just plain ugly all season. I’m going with the Redskins since they are the logical pick, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked if the Rams won. This game is so lopsided on paper and I’ve seen those go the other way multiple times.

Raiders @ SAINTS

- The Raiders will usher in the Tom Cable era with a nice double digit loss to the Saints. The Raiders are that great of a team, and I don’t see how Tom Cable is going to be the difference as a coach. The Saints are a desperate team right now that absolutely has to have this game, and I don’t see them kicking the game away like they did on Monday night.

DOLPHINS @ Texans

- I think that loss to Indianapolis will be enough to deflate the Texans for at least this week. Of course, the Texans odds on winning this game will depend heavily on whether or not they can stop the Wildcat formation that Miami is making famous. The Dolphins should win this game and triple their win total from a year ago.
    more....

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Zone Exclusive: Devin's Bold Picks

I was 9-5 last week and 3 off the total points for the Monday night game. Needless to say, I did not win the $250. pool.

btw, The Texans gave the Colts a run for the money. They aren't playing that bad. All teams who are playing Miami have seen the footage of their trick plays, and they may just be the team to show them that it won't last forever. Maybe it's my hatred of Miami, but I think the Texans win this one.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
    X