PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else as devistated as I am

imbondz
10-11-2008, 08:46 AM
about Trents concussion? I have this horrible sinking feeling that it's career threatening. Not necessarily that he won't have one, but that it will effect his play from here on out. Am I being dumb?

patmoran2006
10-11-2008, 08:48 AM
You can't say never, there's always a chance it will effect him long-term.

Lets hope not. That would suck.. I really, REALLY think Trent Edwards is a Pro Bowler in the making; thought that since last summer before he even took a regular season snap. I love almost everything about this kid.

shelby
10-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Devastated? No.

Concerned? Yes. He needs better protection.

Night Train
10-11-2008, 08:54 AM
A complete unknown.

Look how often some come back from vicious head shots to perform well. Troy Aikman & Steve Young immediately comes to mind.

We'll probably find a Vet QB in FA next spring to replace Losman but could draft another on Day 2, just to cover ourselves long term.

My worry is that Edwards saw this guy right in his grill and still waited to the last second to deliver a strike. Gutsy but not wise for ones long term survival in this league. A couple more like that & he'll be done.

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2008, 09:03 AM
We maybe missing McNally afterall?

gil
10-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Has there been any news to indicate this is that serious?

Nighthawk
10-11-2008, 10:02 AM
I think that it is only natural to be concerned, especially since he was starting to show potential to be a pro bowler in this league. However, I do believe Trent will be fine...it's not the first time he's been hit hard playing football and it won't be the last. These guys know that the possibility exist that these kind of plays happen, so I believe he'll come back. God, I hope he does!

DraftBoy
10-11-2008, 10:14 AM
It certainly concerns me now every time that he takes a big shot, he'll be more susceptible to concussion and teams are going to be more willing to blitz him if they can get a good shot at him and take him out of the game.

mybills
10-11-2008, 10:21 AM
about Trents concussion? I have this horrible sinking feeling that it's career threatening. Not necessarily that he won't have one, but that it will effect his play from here on out. Am I being dumb?
It's dumb if you think he's gonna be afraid to play again. He's too smart to let it get the best of him. He's gonna put it behind him, and focus on the field again.

Typ0
10-11-2008, 10:27 AM
it all depends on the situation really and we don't know a lot about the situation. Each player is going to respond differently and each concussion is different. Let's hope this one isn't serious.

Scumbag College
10-11-2008, 11:05 AM
He played on an AWFUL Stanford team his senior year there where he was under constant pressure and always getting hit. He's a big, strong QB who seems to be pretty tough and not afraid to hang in there.

As Draftboy stated, the only thing I'm concerned about is now he may become more susceptible to concussions now.

mybills
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM
They wouldn't let him on the plane that night if it was serious. He flew home that night. Let's panic.

Stewie
10-11-2008, 11:46 AM
the concussion will affect him long term. Just hope that it doesn't affect his decision making abilities in the short term.