PDA

View Full Version : NFL comparisons

X-Era
10-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Compare current Bills players with whom they remind you of. Obviously they may not necessarily be as good or bad as the comparison, its really just as simple as who they remind you of. Heres my list:

Trent Edwards = Tom Brady- pocket presence, cool under fire, good accuracy, average arm strength

Kyle Williams = Jeff Wright- lunch pail guy who shows up and goes to work

Lee Evans = Lance Alworth- Evans may become one of the best deep threats in NFL histroy :pray:

Poz = Chris Spielman- another quiet, rock solid, lunch pail player who will command the middle like a general.

Pinkerton Security
10-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Poz reminds me of Urlacher. Obviously not by skills or anything (yet) but by his build and the seriousness they bring to the game.

Mitchell55
10-11-2008, 12:59 PM
I did this and got bashed. Well

Trent- Tom Brady
Lynch- Thomas
Evans- Willie Gault
Reed- Dwight Clark
Peters- Mike Williams
Pos- Urlacher
McGee- Hall
Whitner- A mix of Reed and Roy Williams

VeggieMan14
10-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Trent- reminds me of trent dilfer... solid QB... not the best... but knows how to win games

Marshawn- a faster Jerome Bettis

Lee Evans- Fred Biletnikoff

AND FINALLY

Poz- Godzilla
Nuff said

X-Era
10-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Poz reminds me of Urlacher. Obviously not by skills or anything (yet) but by his build and the seriousness they bring to the game.

I thought this too about Poz.

I think he loses a bit in size and nastiness. Thats why Spielman seems a better fit.

But yeah, I think in two years he may be considered top 5 MLB in the league.

Seriously, whos out there thats top 5?

Lewis
Urlacher
Willis
Then who???

SquishDaFish
10-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Trent = Brady :roflmao:

I agree with Trent = Dilfer

Mr. Pink
10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Trent - Pennington
Lynch - Jamal Lewis w/o the baggage
Evans - Webster Slaughter
Poz - Boz
Reed - Chrebet
Schoebel - Gastineau
Parrish - Az Zahir Hakim

Mitchell55
10-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Im still confused with the Dilfer thing and how Lynch is compared to Lewis and Bettis. About dilfer, how is he and Trent anything alike. Dilfer is known as a player who cant settle with one team and Trent is known as a top 5 young QB. Also with Lynch, Lynch is known by alot of people that he has the quickest feet in the nfl and he can make people miss. How does that sound anything like a 300 pound slow as hell, RB and a old fat RB who might break something if he even tries to juke?

Mitchell55
10-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Trent - Pennington- Trent can actually throw it 60+ yards
Lynch - Jamal Lewis w/o the baggage- see other post
Poz - Boz- PLZ NOOOOOOOO
Reed - Chrebet
Schoebel - Gastineau
Parrish - Az Zahir Hakim- Who?

Pinkerton Security
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Trent - Pennington- Trent can actually throw it 60+ yards
Lynch - Jamal Lewis w/o the baggage- see other post
Poz - Boz- PLZ NOOOOOOOO
Reed - Chrebet
Schoebel - Gastineau
Parrish - Az Zahir Hakim- Who?

I'd agree with the Jamal Lewis more than Bettis, the bus was a PURE rumbler who just happened to have great feet, which is a similarity but Lynch is more slippery.

Also - Boz actually had a decent career, contrary to popular belief, and actually made the all-rookie team. Time will tell if Poz's career will be as injury-plagued, but lets hope that isnt the case.

Also, Mitchell59 - are you really THAT young that you didnt watch the Greatest Show on Turf?? Az was arguably (and by far IMO) the most EXCITING player on the entire team.

LtFinFan66
10-11-2008, 08:31 PM
What, are you 12 or something??

VeggieMan14
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Im still confused with the Dilfer thing and how Lynch is compared to Lewis and Bettis. About dilfer, how is he and Trent anything alike. Dilfer is known as a player who cant settle with one team and Trent is known as a top 5 young QB. Also with Lynch, Lynch is known by alot of people that he has the quickest feet in the nfl and he can make people miss. How does that sound anything like a 300 pound slow as hell, RB and a old fat RB who might break something if he even tries to juke?i dont know what you are talking about bettis not having quick feet... he might not have been the fastest but watching him play i can tell you he had some of the quickest feet in football for as big as he was... and that is why i said a faster bettis... anyway trent reminds me a lot like dilfer because regardless of how much a homer you are (me being one of two saying we would go 19-0) Trent is an average to above average QB right now just like dilfer was in his prime, and he WINS games no matter what. dilfer was not the best but the key thing was that he won games

Griff
10-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Poz defeated King Kong in the Japanese version.

VeggieMan14
10-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Poz defeated King Kong in the Japanese version.Poz could kick king kongs ass anyday anywhere

Mitchell55
10-11-2008, 10:39 PM
I'd agree with the Jamal Lewis more than Bettis, the bus was a PURE rumbler who just happened to have great feet, which is a similarity but Lynch is more slippery.

Also - Boz actually had a decent career, contrary to popular belief, and actually made the all-rookie team. Time will tell if Poz's career will be as injury-plagued, but lets hope that isnt the case.

Also, Mitchell59 - are you really THAT young that you didnt watch the Greatest Show on Turf?? Az was arguably (and by far IMO) the most EXCITING player on the entire team.

I know who Hakim is. I was just messin around, but if you would compare Parrish to anyone, it should be Ismail.

hydro
10-11-2008, 10:41 PM
I know who Hakim is.

Riiiiiight.... :shakeno:

Mitchell55
10-11-2008, 10:42 PM
i dont know what you are talking about bettis not having quick feet... he might not have been the fastest but watching him play i can tell you he had some of the quickest feet in football for as big as he was... and that is why i said a faster bettis... anyway trent reminds me a lot like dilfer because regardless of how much a homer you are (me being one of two saying we would go 19-0) Trent is an average to above average QB right now just like dilfer was in his prime, and he WINS games no matter what. dilfer was not the best but the key thing was that he won games

Bettis was just power, he couldnt juke at all and Lynch and him are completley different. I am to young to have watched Dilfer when he was actually young. Also Trent is on par with Roethlisberger when it comes to best QBs. Hes around 7-9. Trent is defintley not average and it showed when he got injured that he is the reason for our teams success.

Griff
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Poz could kick king kongs ass anyday anywhere

"I am MLB, King Kong has got nothin' on me!"

syracuse76
10-12-2008, 01:24 AM
"I am MLB, King Kong has got nothin' on me!"

thought it was "king kong aint got **** on me"

Bravo82
10-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Robert Royal = Lonnie Johnson :ill:

Mitchell55
10-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Riiiiiight.... :shakeno:

I only knew him when he played for the Lions. I actually had no clue that he played for the Rams. Remember, that was 8-9 years ago, I was 6.

Griff
10-12-2008, 02:40 AM
thought it was "king kong aint got **** on me"

TOS Still apply.

baalworship
10-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Trent Edwards-Drew Brees
Marshawn Lynch-Joseph Addai
Lee Evans-Torry Holt

Aaron Schobel-Chris Kelsay
Chris Kelsay-Ryan Denney

Mitchell55
10-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Trent Edwards-Drew Brees
Marshawn Lynch-Joseph Addai
Lee Evans-Torry Holt

Aaron Schobel-Chris Kelsay
Chris Kelsay-Ryan Denney

LOL at the last 2. Im not trying to bash you, but Brees has one of the strongest arms in the NFL and Holt is a spectacular catch reviever. Niether sounds like TE or Lee.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Edwards - Young Trent Green
Lynch - Barber
Evans - Galloway
K. Williams - Meier
Posluszny - Bruschi
Whitner - Landry

hydro
10-12-2008, 02:50 PM
LOL at the last 2. Im not trying to bash you, but Brees has one of the strongest arms in the NFL and Holt is a spectacular catch reviever. Niether sounds like TE or Lee.

Brees does not have one of the strongest arms in the NFL. Please stop acting like you know everything. He had shoulder surgery in SD. It is serviceable arm but no where near the top in the league.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Brees does not have one of the strongest arms in the NFL. Please stop acting like you know everything. He had shoulder surgery in SD. It is serviceable arm but no where near the top in the league.

Yah right man, Brees arm is amongst the top in the NFL. Why do you think the Saints pass so much? How many other QB's have enough arm strength to throw the ball 50+ times in a game and still be accurate?

hydro
10-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Yah right man, Brees arm is amongst the top in the NFL. Why do you think the Saints pass so much? How many other QB's have enough arm strength to throw the ball 50+ times in a game and still be accurate?

I hope this is an attempt at sarcasm. If not I think you are confused with arm strength and stamina. You can have all the arm strength in the world, but it doesn't mean you can throw 50 times a game.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I hope this is an attempt at sarcasm. If not I think you are confused with arm strength and stamina. You can have all the arm strength in the world, but it doesn't mean you can throw 50 times a game.

How can you have a strong arm if you can only throw the ball 20 times and then your arm is shot? I think that strength and stamina are both connected, you can't be strong without having stamina. Brees goes week in and week out with over 30+ attempts a game, not many other QB's are capable of such a feat, which speaks volume about his strength.

hydro
10-12-2008, 03:31 PM
:rofl: Ok you are right. I mean why don't weight lifters just go out and run marathons better than track athletes? They have tons of muscles and are STRONG!

Track athletes that run long distances aren't strong, they have great stamina. When you throw the ball alot you have good stamina. Doesn't mean he can heave it 50yds without blinking.

X-Era
10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Edwards - Young Trent Green
Lynch - Barber
Evans - Galloway
K. Williams - Meier
Posluszny - Bruschi
Whitner - Landry

I HATE that entire list!

Seriously, there is not a name on their that I hope any of our players become, except maybe Landry.

Lynch does not equal Barber, whether its Tiki or Marion. Hes tougher than Tiki, and has more moves niftiness than Marion.

Galloway has never been worth much IMO, Evans is already better than him.

Trent Green? Seriously? Trent Green? Trent Edwards has more potential in his little finger than Trent Green.

Poz isnt the puss boy whiner that Bruschi is. Bruschi is a tool.

Crisis
10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
i've always thought of marion barber as a poor man's marshawn lynch.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2008, 09:19 PM
:rofl: Ok you are right. I mean why don't weight lifters just go out and run marathons better than track athletes? They have tons of muscles and are STRONG!

Track athletes that run long distances aren't strong, they have great stamina. When you throw the ball alot you have good stamina. Doesn't mean he can heave it 50yds without blinking.

How many times can he heave it 50 yards without blinking? and can he do it accurately? Endurance factors into how strong you are, I'm not sure why you don't understand that the two are connected. Plus, whoever said Brees couldn't heave the ball 50+ yards without blinking? He has one of the best deepballs in the game, I could certainly name QB's with better deep balls but only a handful of them do. Football isn't like powerlifting, that's an awful comparison. In football you gotta have strength AND endurance to be elite and "strong", Brees is well rounded at both of those things.

EDS
10-13-2008, 03:12 PM
How many times can he heave it 50 yards without blinking? and can he do it accurately? Endurance factors into how strong you are, I'm not sure why you don't understand that the two are connected. Plus, whoever said Brees couldn't heave the ball 50+ yards without blinking? He has one of the best deepballs in the game, I could certainly name QB's with better deep balls but only a handful of them do. Football isn't like powerlifting, that's an awful comparison. In football you gotta have strength AND endurance to be elite and "strong", Brees is well rounded at both of those things.

I am going to have side with Hydromask on this one. Brees does not have a strong arm in the sense that he can throw bullets all day long (think Farve). Rather, Brees is a precision passer. Similar to Kurt Warner, who also doesn't have the strongest arm - yet throws tons of passes per game. Joe Montana didn't have a cannon either.

A relative lack of arm strength is not a bad thing. As long as the QB can but some zip on the ball when needed he will be fine. Brees can do that. Edwards can do that. Pennington could do it too before he blew out his arm.

EDS
10-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought this too about Poz.

I think he loses a bit in size and nastiness. Thats why Spielman seems a better fit.

But yeah, I think in two years he may be considered top 5 MLB in the league.

Seriously, whos out there thats top 5?

Lewis
Urlacher
Willis
Then who???

Well, if you are talking about youg MLBs, you might consider (in addition to the above):

Jon Beason
DeMeco Ryans
A.J. Hawk
David Harris
Jerod Mayo
Curtis Lofton

Lexwhat
10-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Posluszny - Bruschi

Psh. Poslusny is NOT God!

This is blasphemy.

VeggieMan14
10-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Thats cuz he is to busy being God with a zilla on the end

PECKERWOOD
10-14-2008, 07:51 PM
I HATE that entire list!

Seriously, there is not a name on their that I hope any of our players become, except maybe Landry.

Lynch does not equal Barber, whether its Tiki or Marion. Hes tougher than Tiki, and has more moves niftiness than Marion.

Galloway has never been worth much IMO, Evans is already better than him.

Trent Green? Seriously? Trent Green? Trent Edwards has more potential in his little finger than Trent Green.

Poz isnt the puss boy whiner that Bruschi is. Bruschi is a tool.

Cool, I'd say **** your list too but you didn't make one.

EDIT:

NVM, I didn't see it. I immediately stopped reading after you compared Edwards to Brady.