PDA

View Full Version : Does MSG show every Sabres game?

OpIv37
10-11-2008, 04:23 PM
DirecTV has a Sports Pack option for $12 a month that includes regional sports networks from all over the country, including MSG.

If I got that from now til April, it would cost about $72, which is significantly less than Center Ice.

I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile. If for some reason the game wasn't on MSG, I might be able to pick it up on another regional network too for the other team's broadcast.

Nighthawk
10-11-2008, 04:24 PM
As far as I know, yes, all Sabres game are carried on MSG. Of course, you have to take out the games on VS and NBC.

RockStar36
10-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes, MSG shows all the Sabres.

Make sure you get the right MSG though. It's an alternate that shows the Sabres I believe. The main one shows the Rangers/Islanders...I think.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Here's the schedule, all home games are on MSGHD and on the road just MSG (a note see below that the west coast road trip will not be televised but NHLN will be showing Sabres @ Flames game)

Tue Jan 27, 2009 Sabres Oilers 9:00 PM SNET-W
Wed Jan 28, 2009 Sabres Flames 8:00 PM TSN (HD),NHLN-US
Sat Jan 31, 2009 Sabres Coyotes 9:00 PM AZTV
Mon Feb 2, 2009 Sabres Ducks 10:00 PM PRIM

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=SubseasonSchedule&gameType=2

can somebody sticky this

OpIv37
10-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, MSG shows all the Sabres.

Make sure you get the right MSG though. It's an alternate that shows the Sabres I believe. The main one shows the Rangers/Islanders...I think.

yeah DirecTV has MSG+ or something like that which is where they dump the Sabres games if they're playing at the same time as the Rangers.

OpIv37
10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
As far as I know, yes, all Sabres game are carried on MSG. Of course, you have to take out the games on VS and NBC.

yeah, I already get VS and NBC so I'll have those games anyway.

SpillerThrills
10-11-2008, 10:53 PM
not sure about Direct TV, I've got Charter.... but most nights that the sabres play the game is on msg. even if it has the rangers game scheduled, which pissed a friend of mine off who's a rangers fan!

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Op, let me know if you do this and it works out. I thought about it myself, but I didn't think it was the right MSG, I thought you only got the one that covers the Rangers. I have a certificate for a free month of the sports pack, but I can't use it until January.

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Op, let me know if you do this and it works out. I thought about it myself, but I didn't think it was the right MSG, I thought you only got the one that covers the Rangers. I have a certificate for a free month of the sports pack, but I can't use it until January.

well there's free Center Ice until Wed so I figured on Thursday I'll call and add the Sports Pack and give it a try for a few weeks. If it works, great, if not, they'll pro-rate the $12 to the amount of time I actually had the sports pack and it will only cost a few dollars. Worth a shot.

Dozerdog
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I beleive you will get MSG and other sports networks, but when live MLB,NBA,NHL, or other sports that are part of a "season pass" type package, those games will be blacked out.

I had Direct TV and dishnet in the past, and paid extra to get all the regional networks. They would blackout the live games unless you had the NHL/NBA/MLB college ticket.

Replays of those games however come in no problem

pjw
10-12-2008, 01:33 PM
I have had that package before, The sabres games will be blacked out on them if you dont live in Buffalo. I know that they are showing the game on there right now but that is only because CI is free. Once CI goes off its free preview they will go black. Even if you have CI they will be black during the games. You will have to watch them on the 700s channels.

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 01:45 PM
dammit.

So much for that idea.

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, pjw's explanation is about what I expected. Knew it couldn't be that easy.

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah, pjw's explanation is about what I expected. Knew it couldn't be that easy.

It's stupid.

I don't want to watch every NHL game. I just want to watch the Sabres, which I could do for ~$70 a season if they showed the games on Sports Pack. Instead, DirecTV tries to make me spend $160 on Center Ice for 4-5 games a week I'll watch and 35 games a week I won't watch. So instead of getting $70 from me, DirecTV gets nothing.

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2008, 07:00 PM
It's stupid.

I don't want to watch every NHL game. I just want to watch the Sabres, which I could do for ~$70 a season if they showed the games on Sports Pack. Instead, DirecTV tries to make me spend $160 on Center Ice for 4-5 games a week I'll watch and 35 games a week I won't watch. So instead of getting $70 from me, DirecTV gets nothing.pjw and I were discussing last week how it would be damn nice if you coud buy specific sports teams packages instead of the entire league. Sunday Ticket I guess isn't as big a deal because most people like to be able to watch any/all games on Sundays, and it's only once a week. But for hockey/baseball/basketball, I think people are much more interested in just their team.

SpillerThrills
10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm in upstate NY, and I get just about all of the Sabres games on msg... .very rarely do I not get one.... the guide usually doesn't show the game as on, but it usually is.

Myers57
10-12-2008, 10:59 PM
If you don't live in the Sabres market, you won't be able to watch their games on MSG, you'll get one of the downstate teams instead

rbochan
10-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Here in Syracuse, we get just about every single Sabres game on MSG/MSG+. We also get all the Rags games, and most of the Devils and Isles games. After the AHL all-star game, we get most of the Crunch games too!