PDA

View Full Version : Does it say anything about the Bills if...

X-Era
10-12-2008, 03:16 PM
The Cowboys lose to the Cards today?

I think it does.

You dont know how good teams are this early in the season.

I think the Cards are a playoff team.

BILLSROCK1212
10-12-2008, 03:57 PM
it'll make me feel better about the Bills but you know what if we played the Cardinals again I think we could still beat them so this game won't change my view much

Mr. Pink
10-12-2008, 03:58 PM
This game so far has said "pressure Warner and he's very average, give him time and he's awesome."

Too bad we never pressured him and our offense couldn't do much of anything.

CuseJetsFan83
10-12-2008, 04:04 PM
the rams beat the skins in washington.....

the same washington team that drove dallas and philly into the ground at their home....

the same cowboys team that spanked the packers.... the same packers who are about dead even with the seahawks.... the same seahawks team that buffalo demolished.....

any given sunday holds true......

Typ0
10-12-2008, 04:28 PM
no not really. We know Wade Phillips can't manage ego's and his team is full of ego's. Dallas looks good on paper but they aren't going anywhere and are mentally weak.

X-Era
10-12-2008, 04:33 PM
no not really. We know Wade Phillips can't manage ego's and his team is full of ego's. Dallas looks good on paper but they aren't going anywhere and are mentally weak.

I hope thats true, but they are 4 and 1.

BILLSROCK1212
10-12-2008, 04:34 PM
holy shiz there r A LOT of Cowboys fans there

Night Train
10-12-2008, 04:59 PM
It's obvious the Refs are completely behind the Cowboys after 2 obvious Romo fumbles were overturned.

What a joke.

BILLSROCK1212
10-12-2008, 05:46 PM
It's obvious the Refs are completely behind the Cowboys after 2 obvious Romo fumbles were overturned.

What a joke.
disagreed the were rightfully overturned if we r thinking of the same fumbles considering there have been so many in this game.....TD STEVE BREASTON Lets Go Cards!!!

TheBrownBear
10-12-2008, 06:10 PM
The Cards have been dominant at home over the past two years. I'm not sure why anyone here thought we should beat them with JP Losman playing quarterback. If Edwards is back for San Diego, you'll see the "good" Bills show up.

X-Era
10-12-2008, 06:47 PM
TO is getting pissed... let the fireworks begin!

I wonder if Homo... I mean Romo can handle the abuse hes about to take!

Ha ha ha

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Indeed, I'd like to hear both OpIv's and Gr8slayer's opinions of both the Cards and Cowboys after this game...

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Indeed, I'd like to hear both OpIv's and Gr8slayer's opinions of both the Cards and Cowboys after this game...

I've always said the Cards are a decent team. Maybe they're better than decent.

Doesn't change a damn thing. Despite the apparent improvements, the Bills are the same as last year: close wins against bad or injured teams, lose to decent or better teams. If we're going to go 10-6 or 11-5 and make the playoffs, we're going to have to beat several teams that are better than the Cardinals. And so far this team has not demonstrated that ability.

BlackMetalNinja
10-12-2008, 07:08 PM

Doesn't change a damn thing. Despite the apparent improvements, the Bills are the same as last year: close wins against bad or injured teams, lose to decent or better teams. If we're going to go 10-6 or 11-5 and make the playoffs, we're going to have to beat several teams that are better than the Cardinals. And so far this team has not demonstrated that ability.Who are the several teams that we still have to play that you think are better than the Cards at this point?

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Who are the several teams that we still have to play that you think are better than the Cards at this point?

NE 2x
Denver
NY Jets 2x

Arguably the Chargers- they're better than their 2-3 record indicates.

That's 5 games right there, arguably 6. We'll have to win 1-2 of them to get into the playoffs, assuming we don't have any letdowns against the weaker teams on the schedule.

And the Dolphins aren't better than the Cardinals but they're not far behind.

cocamide
10-12-2008, 07:14 PM

Doesn't change a damn thing. Despite the apparent improvements, the Bills are the same as last year: close wins against bad or injured teams, lose to decent or better teams. If we're going to go 10-6 or 11-5 and make the playoffs, we're going to have to beat several teams that are better than the Cardinals. And so far this team has not demonstrated that ability.

Last year, we lost the close games to bad and injured teams. This year, we win those games. We are different. The Cards aren't that bad, especially when they're at home. The Rams beat the Redskins and the Jags beat the Broncos on the road. The league is pretty even right now, and we're in pretty damn good shape. We will win against San Diego next week, and they will beat New England tonight. If not, sue me for my ZoneBucks.

BTW, I'm drunk.

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Last year, we lost the close games to bad and injured teams. This year, we win those games. We are different. The Cards aren't that bad, especially when they're at home. The Rams beat the Redskins and the Jags beat the Broncos on the road. The league is pretty even right now, and we're in pretty damn good shape. We will win against San Diego next week, and they will beat New England tonight. If not, sue me for my ZoneBucks.

BTW, I'm drunk.

no, we won close games over crappy teams like the Jets, Dolphins and Bengals. We lost some close games to crappy teams too, but we got blown out by most of the good teams we played like Pittsburgh, NE (twice), Jacksonville and the Giants (just like this year- we played one team that's decent and healthy, and got killed).

Enjoy the last 3 hours of the Bills in 1st because we're gonna drop out of it when NE wins tonight.

X-Era
10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
no, we won close games over crappy teams like the Jets, Dolphins and Bengals. We lost some close games to crappy teams too, but we got blown out by most of the good teams we played like Pittsburgh, NE (twice), Jacksonville and the Giants (just like this year- we played one team that's decent and healthy, and got killed).

Enjoy the last 3 hours of the Bills in 1st because we're gonna drop out of it when NE wins tonight.

OK, I hang in there for most, if not all of your negativity

But "Enjoy the last 3 hours of the Bills in 1st because we're gonna drop out of it when NE wins tonight"

Is over the line. Are you actually rooting for the Bills?

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 08:10 PM
OK, I hang in there for most, if not all of your negativity

But "Enjoy the last 3 hours of the Bills in 1st because we're gonna drop out of it when NE wins tonight"

Is over the line. Are you actually rooting for the Bills?

Of course.

But the reality is that NE is going to beat SD, and they have the tiebreaker in division wins so they'll be listed ahead of Buffalo in the standings tomorrow morning.

SpillerThrills
10-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Of course.

But the reality is that NE is going to beat SD, and they have the tiebreaker in division wins so they'll be listed ahead of Buffalo in the standings tomorrow morning.

yeah they sure look like they're beating SD right now..... 10-0 SD

X-Era
10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Of course.

They are down 10-0 and are doing NOTHING on Offense.

SD can win.

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
They are down 10-0 and are doing NOTHING on Offense.

SD can win.

and if they can beat NE, they can beat us.

Ingtar33
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM

oh? it's not looking so good for the pats atm

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 09:23 PM
oh? it's not looking so good for the pats atm

what does ass to mouth have to do with this?

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2008, 09:26 PM
what does ass to mouth have to do with this?

When discussing Brady and Belichek it is always relevant.

Billsfan3
10-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Of course.

Wow nice call the patriots got destroyed

OpIv37
10-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow nice call the patriots got destroyed

It's one of those times that I'm happy to be wrong.

BlackMetalNinja
10-13-2008, 06:34 AM
NE 2x
Denver
NY Jets 2x

Arguably the Chargers- they're better than their 2-3 record indicates.

That's 5 games right there, arguably 6. We'll have to win 1-2 of them to get into the playoffs, assuming we don't have any letdowns against the weaker teams on the schedule.

And the Dolphins aren't better than the Cardinals but they're not far behind.I would disagree a bit I think. I'd say San Diego is perhaps the most dangerous opponent we have to face (and I actually did believe this before the game last night, for what it's worth). Denver close behind them. As for NE, NY, and Miami, I think they're all fairly close, with Miami perhaps being just a step behind. In relationship to Arizona, I think Arizona is perhaps better than all 3 of the AFC East teams, despite losing to the Jets. It took one of those couple times a year Brett Favre miracle games to beat them, and the Jets can't rely on getting those frequently.

Anything less than taking 3/6 against the division opponents is a poor showing for Buffalo I think. In reality, I'd say we should probably take 4 of those games. At any rate, using your math, I think it puts us safely in the playoffs.

DraftBoy
10-13-2008, 06:55 AM
If San Diego plays like they did last night, we will likely lose that game. The only teams we've put up 30 against have been the horrible Seahawks and Rams. The rest of our schedule is extremely tough with the exception of KC. Even though we play the Browns we have done nothing but suck in primetime lately, so we can't even think about that game as a probable win. We could very eaily be 4-5 headed into the MNF with Cleveland or we could be 8-1, time will tell, but the schedule is definitely tougher the rest of the way.

billsburgh
10-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Maybe it shows you shouldnt post about reality when in fact it's not reality.

SABuffalo786
10-13-2008, 08:48 AM

:D

Griff
10-13-2008, 09:17 AM

wow 34-10 and 31-17 are not close wins.

justasportsfan
10-13-2008, 09:58 AM
The Cowboys lose to the Cards today?

I think it does.

You dont know how good teams are this early in the season.

I think the Cards are a playoff team.
yes it says a lot. It says we got owned by a very good team and people here wanted a scapegoat and blamed the qb. We're better than last year because we're beating teams we should beat but haven't proven to beat teams we're not supposed to beat.

justasportsfan
10-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Of course.

Looks like you schooled yourself.

YOu should go back and give us two wins vs. the PAts because by your logic, we now have tape on how to beat NE with Cassel as qb..... or does that only work when teams are facing the bills?

and this one of those times I'm happy to say YOU ARE WRONG!