Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willis close to deal already

Willis could be the #2 pick signed...

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

MCGAHEE, BILLS ALREADY FLIRTING?

Three days after the Bills shocked the NFL world by picking Miami RB Willis McGahee in round one of the draft, it sounds like both sides already are maneuvering toward a contract.............

This would be great imagine him in camp on time just to lessen the chance of a McKinnie, Bryant, Ramsey fiacso. You gotta think not signing isn't gonna keep him from anythin, its not like he's out there already trying to start week 1 he's got the time.
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

while this could be good, it risks overpaying for him too. WE dont let the market for picks set itself first. We could either save money or lose it by signing him so quickly.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Hopefully he keeps in mind the risk we took.........
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

C'mon socal it's TD here overpay? riiiiiight no way Willis gets a penny more than he's worth Rosenhose or not TD is a genius.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
          • Sep 2002

Sign him ASAP before he thinks too much. A backloaded 6 year deal sounds good to me. Even if his salary is high in year six by that time we'll know if he's worth it.

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Who cares!

Go Travis! I'm more concerned w/ what we'll do when Travis puts up near 2,000 yards, 18 TDs, and reduces his fumbling.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

Let's draft the top WR next year! Oh boy!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• mikemac2001
                is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                • Mar 2003

I love Henry....But if mcgahee becomes mcgahee again i feel we gotta dish henry for best of the team

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

Fine, but this season he isn't going to do anything. And if he does, that'll have meant that Henry and Gary will have failed which wouldn't be good. It'll also likely mean that we'll have had some serious OL injuries, which we had all better pray doesn't happen since we have hardly any depth.

All this fuss over McGahee should be postponed until next season. And then if we do trade Henry, I'm gonna be gasping every time McGahee doesn't get up right away.

Are we gonna talk about McGahee all season long even though Henry will be running fine and McGahee will be on PUP and not contributing?

Let's resume McGahee discussions this time next year. His getting significant playing time this year can only mean bad things for the team.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• venis2k1
                    Youboty can hope
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                    Go Travis! I'm more concerned w/ what we'll do when Travis puts up near 2,000 yards, 18 TDs, and reduces his fumbling.
                    Wys posted this same statement last year, only with Shawn Brysons name replacing Travis's.

Comment

• Schobel94
                      The Sack Master
                      • Jan 2003

That is true, Henry is our RB and he's a damn good one. McGahee hasnt even played a down and were talking of trading Henry? Once he shows it, which wont be for at least a year, then we can talk abotu him as if he were Barry Sanders and Emmit Smiths love child.
                      Beware the sack master!

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        • Mar 2003

Mcgahee has game you cant deny that. but i still want to see him get a years rest to heal that leg and let TD make the choice he knows. if henry or A healthy mcgahee has the ball in there hand as a buffalo bill i really dont see a problem in that

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Yeah, but even if Henry has a fantastic season and we trade him, you're still gonna be holdin' your breath every single time McGahee doesn't get up right away or is carted off the field. Any such occurrence could end his utility. As a matter of fact, if he were to sustain even another minor knee injury for his fourth overall, he may very well lose enough to disallow him from playing to such a level as we are expecting.

BTW, if we trade McGahee, I wouldn't expect more than a single first rounder for him.

It's funny, b/c I suppose we'd have traded Holmes, Williams, or Tomlinson too, eh. Henry was in that category. Odd, very odd. With so many depth and starter issues on D, it is perplexing. Henry's more than enough to win a championship. If we don't win this year it's not gonna be b/c of our offense. It'll be b/c the middle of our secondary, LBing, and DEs aren't tight.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            • Mar 2003

holmes might not even play again or at that level again. well everytime henry takes a big shot i look at his Hands hoping the ball is still there. henry gets injured alot to not big injuries but he gets hurt so whats the diff ...i know Willis's knee might not be as strong thats why we give him that extra year to get it bulked up

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Fine. But suppose Henry then has a 2,000 yard, 20 TD season while curing his fumbling issues and stays healthy. You gonna trade that away and rely on McGahee? That'd be very difficult for me to do as a GM. If we were to do that and all of a sudden McGahee ends his career w/ yet another injury, it will have gone down as one of the worst moves in the history of the team if not the NFL. Meanwhile, if we were to have kept Henry and McGahee played at a stellar level while Henry did too, the downside would be only nominal.

There's no way that you can blame a RB who played the way Henry did last year for the woes of the team.

However, if the fumbles become an argument, then that's fine, but then outta the same side of your mouth you gotta address Bledsoe's INT issues. He doesn't just throw them at inconsequential times. He tosses them at the most inopportune moments costing us games.

Games cost by Henry's fumbles: One (1)
                              Games cost by Bledsoe's TOs: Seven (7)

It's funny how everyone jumps on Henry for fumbling when hardly any of his fumbles cost us games, but Drew's INTs don't seem to matter at all even though all 15 of them were in 7 losses coupled w/ 3 of his 4 fumbles as well.

It makes no sense.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X