PDA

View Full Version : Using Lalime

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Lindy Ruff made it crystal-clear Sunday that backup goaltender Patrick Lalime is going to get his first start this week and "it's sooner rather than later." Frankly, I had penciled in Lalime for Saturday night in Atlanta, with Ryan Miller getting the call Monday on Long Island, Wednesday in Madison Square Garden and Friday in HSBC Arena against Vancouver.

I still say Lalime goes in one of the back-to-back games but Ruff wasn't tipping his hand so you have to wonder what the coach is thinking.

So would you spring Lalime on the expected-to-be weak Islanders today or the potentially 5-0 Rangers on Wednesday? Put him out at HSBC on Friday night? Or do what I'd envision and let him play Saturday in Atlanta?
http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sabres/2008/10/using-lalime.html

I think we see him in Atlanta

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2008, 10:40 PM
I could see him get the start tomorrow.

Play him every 4 games or so for the season.

mchurchfie
10-13-2008, 12:20 AM
I agree, I have a lot of confidence in Lalime. This guy is a legitimate starter for a lot of teams. It will also help to keep Miller on his toes also.

rbochan
10-13-2008, 07:05 AM
I agree, I have a lot of confidence in Lalime. This guy is a legitimate starter for a lot of teams. It will also help to keep Miller on his toes also.

Miller's been missing that since Marty left. And it shows.