PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts of SD based on the sunday night game?

trapezeus
10-12-2008, 11:17 PM
i think they tackle incredibly well. they overpower the OL and they like to take their chances deep if the get their time.

Philips seems to take forever to load up the long ball, so hopefully we can get to him even with the anemic rush.

i'm not sure how we go about beating the chargers, but it seems like getting that swing screen going, some misdirections and draws will help stop the over pursuit of their DL and LB's. We'll have to take some shots deep with them.

On defense, i think we are going to have to be creative because if our front four isn't up to the task of getting to the QB, we are going to have a similar cards result.

Lexwhat
10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
They looked almost perfect tonight. Their D-Line generated tons of pressure, and their O-Line was phenomenal.

We'll have to match their intensity for sure. It's gonna be a very tough game.

Typ0
10-12-2008, 11:28 PM
they suck. not nearly the team they have been for the past five years. we'll beat them.

jamze132
10-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Tony Gonzalez would help us in the SD game!

Seriously, the Chargers look like they might be back to their winning ways. We better be ready next Sunday.

Cntrygal
10-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Every member of the Bills & Staff will need to remember to bring their A+ game to the stadium.

BlackMetalNinja
10-13-2008, 08:55 AM
On defense, i think we are going to have to be creative because if our front four isn't up to the task of getting to the QB, we are going to have a similar cards result.This is the part in particular that worries me. If Rivers has the time, he'll tear us up much like Warner did. We simply are not built to win shootouts against teams like this, so hopefully our defense is creative and finds a way to cause some headaches.

hydro
10-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Fowler is going to have a looonngg day. Jamal Williams was dominating last night.

Patti120
10-13-2008, 09:05 AM
O-line needs to step it up in this one. Chargers are solid all around and we will have our work cut out for us even if we have TE back.

DrGraves
10-13-2008, 09:13 AM
The game against the Chargers rests soley in the coaching staff's hands. They have two week to prepare our team, no excuses.

billsburgh
10-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Fowler is going to have a looonngg day. Jamal Williams was dominating last night.
that's exactly what I thought last night watching the game

Ebenezer
10-13-2008, 09:25 AM
SD is two last second plays from being 5-0. Be afraid, very afraid.

Pinkerton Security
10-13-2008, 09:29 AM
that's exactly what I thought last night watching the game

me too. He absolutely abused that poor center and I said to my buddy "Fowler better be ready". Williams was pushing the center back about 2 yards within about a second of the ball being snapped. very disruptive.

SABuffalo786
10-13-2008, 09:39 AM
They're a good team who can easily beat us but beating the Brady-less Pats in Qualcomm is a long distance away (literally) from beating a resurgent Bills with the possible addition of Tony Gonzalez in an ear-splitting Orchard Park.

There's so much parity in the leage that really isn't smart to mark this as a win or a loss this early on.

trapezeus
10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
i hope the bills run some pitchouts to keep fowler/jamal williams from being a huge factor.

if jammer is on evans, it looks like jammer is on one on one in 4 wr sets and isn't really fsat enough. but this all requires time for the QB

Jan Reimers
10-13-2008, 10:33 AM
It's hard to tell how good the Chargers really are, since they were playing the lowly Patriots.

DraftBoy
10-13-2008, 10:36 AM
We can't start slow on offense in any way. Somebody besides Evans must emerge because Jammer is quite capable of neutralizing him with his style of play.

Defensively we have contain LT and make Rivers beat us. Pressure is a must for our front four. After last night I'm not as confident as I was a few weeks ago about this game.

justasportsfan
10-13-2008, 10:36 AM
JUst like vs. the cards, if we can't run, we're screwed.

EDS
10-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Which little Bills corner is going to cover 6'5" 230 lb Vincent Jackson?

Griff
10-13-2008, 10:55 AM
New England was terrible in that game, I don't think that game spoke on how great the Chargers are but how bad the Pats are without the golden goose.

BAM
10-13-2008, 10:57 AM
SD is two last second plays from being 5-0. Be afraid, very afraid.

Good point but what about that game vs. Miami? :D

patmoran2006
10-13-2008, 11:54 AM
My thoughts are the exact same as before week 1.

The Chargers are the most talented team in the NFL. They have talent all across the board and LT's foot is getting better. I thought before the season, even before Brady got hurt this was the toughest game on the schedule and I still think that.

Can they be beat? Absolutely. Miami beat them. The Raiders almost beat them. But I'm worried that this team is really about to start hitting their stride.

we'll have to play a VERY good game to beat them and we'll have to be well coached. This is our first "true" real test to see where we're at this year, IMO.

jcdavey
10-13-2008, 12:29 PM
in my opinion, san diego is playing like a 4-2 team
they got screwed by hochuli

the loss to carolina was just a total chokejob that whole game culminating in the D ole'ing the opposing offense down the field in the final minutes.

the loss at miami, was a well earned victory by miami, they stopped us at their goal line then ran out the clock, good for them

one thing i think buffalo will be looking for, is stripping the ball carriers

we've had gates and chambers already stripped this year for tds the other way.

the other thing is, to beat sd , you've gotta get pressure on rivers, and you've got to not abandon the running game

Super_Boltz
10-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Which little Bills corner is going to cover 6'5" 230 lb Vincent Jackson?

The thing about jackson is he is not mike williams from USC. Just Big with big hands.. he is FAST. When we drafted him from northern colorado Bronco fans were PISSED that we stole him out of their backyard. Also Chris Chambers could be back too.

Super_Boltz
10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
in my opinion, san diego is playing like a 4-2 team
they got screwed by hochuli

the loss to carolina was just a total chokejob that whole game culminating in the D ole'ing the opposing offense down the field in the final minutes.

the loss at miami, was a well earned victory by miami, they stopped us at their goal line then ran out the clock, good for them

one thing i think buffalo will be looking for, is stripping the ball carriers

we've had gates and chambers already stripped this year for tds the other way.

the other thing is, to beat sd , you've gotta get pressure on rivers, and you've got to not abandon the running game

dude is their a board your not on? I got banned from the pats forum like 8 times for nothing. and i see you have like a thousand some odd posts. not to mention the broncos and raiders boards ha.

LtFinFan66
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
SD is two last second plays from being 5-0. Be afraid, very afraid.how to you figure?? 1 yes, 2...NO!!

RedEyE
10-13-2008, 09:04 PM
The Chargers have the ability to put up some big numbers. Gates it going to have a field day finding the gap. Rivers will look for that mismatch on the OLBs every play. LT is still amazing between the tackles.

The key to this game is to keep their offense off the field while ours rolls out some serious time crunching drives. Then the defense is going to have to pull at least one turnover to keep this game playing in our favor.

Its going to be tough. Thankfully its at home and Edwards is back at the helm.

jcdavey
10-13-2008, 11:32 PM
dude is their a board your not on? I got banned from the pats forum like 8 times for nothing. and i see you have like a thousand some odd posts. not to mention the broncos and raiders boards ha.i'm a fan of the chargers, bbut also i'm a fan of the sport, i give props where due, and i point out truths , and i defend my team when they deserve defending, and i try and be as unbiased as humanly possible.

jcdavey
10-13-2008, 11:50 PM
dude is their a board your not on? I got banned from the pats forum like 8 times for nothing. and i see you have like a thousand some odd posts. not to mention the broncos and raiders boards ha.i'm a fan of the chargers, bbut also i'm a fan of the sport, i give props where due, and i point out truths , and i defend my team when they deserve defending, and i try and be as unbiased as humanly possible.