Your Thoughts of SD based on the sunday night game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Your Thoughts of SD based on the sunday night game?

i think they tackle incredibly well. they overpower the OL and they like to take their chances deep if the get their time.

Philips seems to take forever to load up the long ball, so hopefully we can get to him even with the anemic rush.

i'm not sure how we go about beating the chargers, but it seems like getting that swing screen going, some misdirections and draws will help stop the over pursuit of their DL and LB's. We'll have to take some shots deep with them.

On defense, i think we are going to have to be creative because if our front four isn't up to the task of getting to the QB, we are going to have a similar cards result.
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: Your Thoughts of SD based on the sunday night game?

They looked almost perfect tonight. Their D-Line generated tons of pressure, and their O-Line was phenomenal.

We'll have to match their intensity for sure. It's gonna be a very tough game.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

they suck. not nearly the team they have been for the past five years. we'll beat them.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Tony Gonzalez would help us in the SD game!

Seriously, the Chargers look like they might be back to their winning ways. We better be ready next Sunday.

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

Every member of the Bills & Staff will need to remember to bring their A+ game to the stadium.
          Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
            On defense, i think we are going to have to be creative because if our front four isn't up to the task of getting to the QB, we are going to have a similar cards result.
            This is the part in particular that worries me. If Rivers has the time, he'll tear us up much like Warner did. We simply are not built to win shootouts against teams like this, so hopefully our defense is creative and finds a way to cause some headaches.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Fowler is going to have a looonngg day. Jamal Williams was dominating last night.
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• Patti120
                • Aug 2004

O-line needs to step it up in this one. Chargers are solid all around and we will have our work cut out for us even if we have TE back.

Comment

• DrGraves
                  • Mar 2008

The game against the Chargers rests soley in the coaching staff's hands. They have two week to prepare our team, no excuses.

Comment

• billsburgh
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                    Fowler is going to have a looonngg day. Jamal Williams was dominating last night.
                    that's exactly what I thought last night watching the game

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

SD is two last second plays from being 5-0. Be afraid, very afraid.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by billsburgh
                        that's exactly what I thought last night watching the game
                        me too. He absolutely abused that poor center and I said to my buddy "Fowler better be ready". Williams was pushing the center back about 2 yards within about a second of the ball being snapped. very disruptive.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                          • Feb 2003

They're a good team who can easily beat us but beating the Brady-less Pats in Qualcomm is a long distance away (literally) from beating a resurgent Bills with the possible addition of Tony Gonzalez in an ear-splitting Orchard Park.

There's so much parity in the leage that really isn't smart to mark this as a win or a loss this early on.
                          Last edited by SABuffalo786; 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM.
                          "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                          We are the Rockpile
                          We are the Rockpile
                          BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i hope the bills run some pitchouts to keep fowler/jamal williams from being a huge factor.

if jammer is on evans, it looks like jammer is on one on one in 4 wr sets and isn't really fsat enough. but this all requires time for the QB

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

It's hard to tell how good the Chargers really are, since they were playing the lowly Patriots.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X