X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Takeo Spikes Looking Good

In case anyone wondered, Spikes has been an absolute beast this year in San Fran. I watched him play today too, and he had a lot of intensity and great burst off the line.

He honestly looked like the Spikes before the achilles injury. Kinda makes me wish we still had him, next to Poz and Mitchell. Yes, I confess, I'm in denial and need therapy ...

2008 Stats (6 games played, 3 games started):

-- 40 Tackles.
    -- 4 Passes Defended.
    -- 3 INTs
    -- 1 Forced Fumble
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Takeo Spikes Looking Good

I had no idea he's even still playing.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Yet he's still playing for a losing team. I feel bad for the guy. So much talent but he always ends-up on dogs.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

He's had a pick in 3 straight games and has been playing fairly well for San Fran. I think his impact on our current team would be minimal though. An upgrade over Ellison, but not much else.

Comment

• theanswer74
          • Apr 2004

Too bad Angelo Crowell couldn't decide to have his surgery a few week earlier, then maybe we sign Spikes back.

Spikes didnt leave on bad terms, at least he said he didnt.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lexwhat
            In case anyone wondered, Spikes has been an absolute beast this year in San Fran. I watched him play today too, and he had a lot of intensity and great burst off the line.

He honestly looked like the Spikes before the achilles injury. Kinda makes me wish we still had him, next to Poz and Mitchell. Yes, I confess, I'm in denial and need therapy ...

2008 Stats (6 games played, 3 games started):

-- 40 Tackles.
            -- 4 Passes Defended.
            -- 3 INTs
            -- 1 Forced Fumble
            Good for him! I always loved the guy. Sucks the way he left here.

Comment

• ALL D
              • Aug 2008

Big Spikes fan...

He always brought that Ray Lewis intensity to the game. I am usually not happy for any other player in the league doing good except for Bills current player, but I am happy for him

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                • Feb 2003

Good for him, just hope that streak ends when they come here later this season.
                "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Spikes was awesome with the Bills pre-injury. It is great to hear that he has regained his form. Apparently he didn't begin the season as a starter but has come on like gangbusters in the past few weeks.

You could start a pretty decent defense with the ex-bills playing in the league right now: TKO, Pat Williams, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield, Lawyer Milloy, London Fletcher, Jim Leonhard, Justin Bannan, etc.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Good to see he came back, he was a class act here, and always played his ass off, just our luck with LBers achillies killed to guys in there prime Cowart and TKO
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• streetkings01
                      • Jul 2006

Spikes was the one that requested a trade! The Bills gave him permission to go out and find a willing trade partner. He stated in a Philly article that he wasn't a fan of the Tampa2 and it's great to play for a team with a real QB.....Spikes wanted out of Buffalo and they Bills gave him his wish!
                      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I don't care about Spikes . He asked to leave
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

first of all spikes was the one that said he wanted out.. so we sent him to philly, who cut him because he was not that good.

second.. i have watched some of his games too.. not all of them, but at least 2 full games and parts of others.. and 2 of those INTs, he was standing still and the ball was thrown dead at him..

he still doesnt look the same to me, personally, but honestly, i dont really give a **** about him.. he wanted out as soon as things didnt look rosey here.. after the money that we gave him and the way the fans cheered for him, he can go blow his foot out again and i would care less.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

I liked Spikes when he was with the Bills. However, every team that Spikes has played for has sucked. Coincidence?

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              first of all spikes was the one that said he wanted out.. so we sent him to philly, who cut him because he was not that good.

second.. i have watched some of his games too.. not all of them, but at least 2 full games and parts of others.. and 2 of those INTs, he was standing still and the ball was thrown dead at him..

he still doesnt look the same to me, personally, but honestly, i dont really give a **** about him.. he wanted out as soon as things didnt look rosey here.. after the money that we gave him and the way the fans cheered for him, he can go blow his foot out again and i would care less.
                              Sorry, I think my post may have sounded a bit misleading. I was only updating people on this board as a sort of "Where are they now" kinda deal.

I'm just speaking in hypothetical terms, I'm not literally saying that we should have kept him.

Comment

Working...
                              X