PDA

View Full Version : SOmething wrong with this picture?

justasportsfan
10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Falcons O- Mularkey + rookie qb = ranked 8th

Bills O - Turk + Edwards/ JP = 18th?

Griff
10-13-2008, 11:03 AM
yeah you're looking at the wrong stat. Look at points scored.

hydro
10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Mularkey pulled his head out of his arse? :idunno:

I certainly didn't see any trick plays in the last game...

chernobylwraiths
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Turk is a first year Offensive Coordinator

Mularkey couldn't seem to get the great JP to be a good Qb

justasportsfan
10-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Turk is a first year Offensive Coordinator

Mularkey couldn't seem to get the great JP to be a good Qb
if the JP was the problem , how do you explain the rookie doing better than Trent and MIchael Turner doing better than Lynch?

chernobylwraiths
10-13-2008, 11:25 AM
if the JP was the problem , how do you explain the rookie doing better than Trent and MIchael Turner doing better than Lynch?

Bills are 4 and 1, what is Atlanta's record?

Griff
10-13-2008, 11:28 AM

3-2 with wins over Green Bay, Houston and Chicago.

justasportsfan
10-13-2008, 11:29 AM
4-2 and have played better teams than we have.

MY point is that Malarkey has his team playing better than we all expected with a rookie qb.Who woulda thunk?

DraftBoy
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Mularkey pulled his head out of his arse? :idunno:

I certainly didn't see any trick plays in the last game...

Ran a reverse to Rookie WR Harry Douglas that lost about 12 yards in the 2nd Q.

Matt Ryan is a franchise QB, I said it last year, the kid has the "it" factor. The throws he made yesterday were incredible all game long. He went short, he went deep, he threw into tight space with speed and accuracy and he showed good touch too. Id take Ryan over Trent right now to be perfectly honest, not because Trent isn't any good. Ryan will just be better. Plus since he's from BC, MBB could continue his man love with no let off.

As for Mularkey he's got a coach that trusts him fully, and a QB who has bought into his system. Turner has been an absolute beast for them and Ryan makes all the throws. Not had to screw that up too much. Mularkey has always been looked at as a good OC, only Bills fans dislike him. Maybe he's better than a lot of you think and we just sucked that bad at the time.

The Falcons may very well be a playoff team this year and with Dimitroff pulling the strings personel wise they will be near the top of the NFC very soon.

chernobylwraiths
10-13-2008, 11:50 AM
4-2 and have played better teams than we have.

MY point is that Malarkey has his team playing better than we all expected with a rookie qb.Who woulda thunk?

and Mularkey is NOT the head coach if I am correct?

justasportsfan
10-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Ran a reverse to Rookie WR Harry Douglas that lost about 12 yards in the 2nd Q.

Matt Ryan is a franchise QB, I said it last year, the kid has the "it" factor. The throws he made yesterday were incredible all game long. He went short, he went deep, he threw into tight space with speed and accuracy and he showed good touch too. Id take Ryan over Trent right now to be perfectly honest, not because Trent isn't any good. Ryan will just be better. Plus since he's from BC, MBB could continue his man love with no let off.

As for Mularkey he's got a coach that trusts him fully, and a QB who has bought into his system. Turner has been an absolute beast for them and Ryan makes all the throws. Not had to screw that up too much. Mularkey has always been looked at as a good OC, only Bills fans dislike him. Maybe he's better than a lot of you think and we just sucked that bad at the time.
The Falcons may very well be a playoff team this year and with Dimitroff pulling the strings personel wise they will be near the top of the NFC very soon.

I always thought coaches can evlove. Look at Gilbride.

Thing is , you have to have an HC that knows what it takes offensively who then straightens out the OC. Are they running the ball better than we are because of A) Turner better than LYnch? b) their OL is better than ours? C) MUlarkey better than Turk? D) RYan better than Trent/Jp?