PDA

View Full Version : Hecht Hurt

mchurchfie
10-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Lindy says he could be out awhile with an upper body injury. Not good.:ill: They also say that Rivet will probably be suspended for a game so we might be a little shorthanded against The 4-0 Rangers.

DraftBoy
10-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Who gets the call up??

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 07:24 AM
If they call up a foward, it will likely be Gerbe. Alternatively, they can dress Ellis and move Kotalik to center. He is actually a decent face-off man.

DraftBoy
10-14-2008, 07:31 AM
If they call up a foward, it will likely be Gerbe. Alternatively, they can dress Ellis and move Kotalik to center. He is actually a decent face-off man.

Is Gerbe ready for a long term call up though? Id almost rather they bring up Mancari who is gritty, then rush Gerbe through.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Mancari can't skate well enough and, while big, is not really gritty.

As for Gerbe he is really out playing the opposition and with him here you could break him in while still using Ellis in games you need more toughness. If Hecht is out months and not weeks, you might want somebody besides Gerbe or try Gerbe for awhile and Kennedy for awhile. (Both will likely be with the bigs next year anyway) Darche is a possibility too.

rbochan
10-14-2008, 08:38 AM
I'd imagine we'll be seeing Ellis.

:oldskool:

bigbub2352
10-14-2008, 09:04 AM
I would luv Mancari up here even is he isnt a dominant power forward he has a hell of a shot and sits in front of the net all day
His production in the AHL cant be denied, and he does throw his body around and will drop the gloves, but i think Ellis will be in the spot

DraftBoy
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
How can you say Gerbe is really out playing his competition its been one or two games so far.

I just don't want to rush him or Kennedy.