PDA

View Full Version : RB Travis Henry Speaks Out

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Sharing Thoughts

"The way I look at it, a lot of people were shocked. Most of the media thought we were going to pick a defensive end and we took a running back. I'm shocked like everybody else.

I see the selection as the front office taking the best player available. I don't believe that my fumbling the ball last season had anything to do with it."

Slap in the Face?

"At the time I felt that way but now after talking to the coaches I have a better understanding of why they made that pick. I definitely feel a whole lot better about it now.

I talked to some of the coaches and they explained the situation. Because of those conversations, my entire outlook has changed."

Henry's Goals

"My goal is to come in (next season) and perform the way I know I can. I feel like our team can do great things in Buffalo. I can't worry about things that I can't control.

I am just going to come in to practice everyday and work hard to get better.

This is my job. To my knowledge, that is what everyone is saying about this position and that is the way that I am looking at it."

Competitive Edge

They drafted a running back, I had a good year last year and I am going to have a good year this season. Drafting him (Willis McGahee) is only going to make this team better. That is the way I am looking at it.

My contract extension is something that we discussed and agreed upon. That is not affected by the selection of Willis McGahee.

When I was at Tennessee, we had Jamal Lewis, Travis Steven, and Shawn Bryson. It was a great experience competing there. I don't have any problems with competition. It will only make me better."

Secure Role

"I feel like I did a good job last season, being that it was only my second year and I ran for over 1,400 yards. I went to the Pro Bowl. I don't think that people can just forget that type of season after one year. Drafting him (Willis McGahee) is only going to make this team better. I can't wait for him to arrive so that we can get to know each other and just make each other better."

Motivation Factor

"I feel that same way I did at the end of the season, this didn't change anything. I still want to get back to the Pro Bowl. I want to make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. I feel the same exact way now as I did then. My goals have not changed because of our selecting Willis McGahee."

Teammate Reaction and Support

"Everyone was shocked and held a different opinion on the situation. I am just trying to keep my head up and stay focused on what I want to accomplish.

I had quite a few guys calling me, showing support. We just talked about the situation and how that is not going to break my focus or stop me from accomplishing my goals."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=178830

Typ0
07-18-2005, 07:24 PM
see ya later *******.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I will say good luck Travis, I enjoyed the heart and determination you showed in your short tenure in B-lo.

jamze132
07-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah... uh.. thanks.

The_Philster
07-18-2005, 08:03 PM
I will say good luck Travis, I enjoyed the heart and determination you showed in your short tenure in B-lo.ditto :up:

Meathead
07-18-2005, 08:10 PM
He's a real warrior. I wish he could have stayed.

STAMPY
07-18-2005, 08:25 PM
toughest bill in last 5 years

A Warrior who overachieved his potential.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 08:48 PM
see ya later *******.
I'm with Typ0. He got paid for what he did in B-lo. We don't owe him squat. He shows us no respect, we don't have to be classy with him either.

Screw you motha-f'er. :mad:

MDFINFAN
07-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Good bye Travis, whew, one less threat on the bill's team..yea, I'm with you guys, we don't owe him nothing...so lone sucker...You guys are trips, that guy was one heck of a football player, in all honesty, I'm glad he's not on your team. He was good.

STAMPY
07-18-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm with Typ0. He got paid for what he did in B-lo. We don't owe him squat. He shows us no respect, we don't have to be classy with him either.

Screw you motha-f'er. :mad:

This is what i hate about fans. You piss on guys on way out. Forget the good times. I still cheer for Peerless

Why don't you say same bout guys like andre reed and thurmo playing else where

Typ0
07-18-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm thankfull for some good times he's provided...but that's in the past. Good luck competing for playing time Travis. See ya sucker!

buffalofan19
07-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Personally, I don't care one way or the other. He was a 1300 yd. rusher that got replaced. I'd have to say I'd probably be pissed off too (I'm not perfect). IF he wants to be traded, then that's his deal. The Bills got the 3rd they wanted and Henry got what he wanted. Both sides are happy. Congratu-freaking-lations! If he does well in Tennesee, cool. If not, sucks to be him. I'm not going to lose sleep either way.

DraftBoy
07-18-2005, 09:41 PM
This is what i hate about fans. You piss on guys on way out. Forget the good times. I still cheer for Peerless

Why don't you say same bout guys like andre reed and thurmo playing else where

Piss on those that deserve to be pissed on...Did Peerless deserve it? No we franchised him and then dealth him, Did anybody else demand a trade and cry and complain bc he got plain beat out for his job? What exactly did we pay him for? He got beat out, and unlike alot of other guys who would use it as determination to work harder and win the job back, he decided to sit out and pout. He deserves nothing from this team, its fans, and the city. He pissed on them. Have fun backing up Chris Brown in Ten! :lmao:

Typ0
07-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Personally, I don't care one way or the other. He was a 1300 yd. rusher that got replaced. I'd have to say I'd probably be pissed off too (I'm not perfect). IF he wants to be traded, then that's his deal. The Bills got the 3rd they wanted and Henry got what he wanted. Both sides are happy. Congratu-freaking-lations! If he does well in Tennesee, cool. If not, sucks to be him. I'm not going to lose sleep either way.

maybe he should be a little more thankfull for getting the opportunity to gain 1300 yards in the NFL. Where else do you think he would have went through the draft that he would have gotten the opportunities he's gotten here? TH has got to be one of the biggest dumb ass players in the history of the Bills organization...and he can take his dissing attitude and shove it. I wish him the best...but we don't want him or anyone with a similar ME attitude around here either.

lordofgun
07-19-2005, 12:27 AM
I'd say we'll miss you, Trav...but we won't.

Tinboy
07-19-2005, 03:27 AM
To bad it didn't worked out, TH and WMG as a 1-2 combo in the back field would have been great.

The_Philster
07-19-2005, 05:06 AM
This is what i hate about fans. You piss on guys on way out. Forget the good times. I still cheer for PeerlessWhy don't you say same bout guys like andre reed and thurmo playing else where:faint: I agree with Stampy on something

LVGrown
07-19-2005, 07:19 AM
you know before we had Willis all fin fans did was talk about how overrated Henry was and so on. Now we draft a RB (McGahee) that is going to be tappin their asses for many years to come and trade one (Henry) that wont be doing much of anything soon and now he is one heck of a football player and one less threat? Are you serious? I am pretty sure you would much rather be facing Henry then McGahee ... if not you are lying. I root for him as a Bill and boo him as anyone else. Thurman Thomas is my all time fav Bill, best believe I booed his ass when he come running out of the Miami tunnel and jumped for joy when he retired a Bill. Last year when you guys thought Ricky would be gone for good he was a loser, now that hes back on the team you are willing to forgive him. I guess all team sports fans are "trips" because we all do it. So lets not go calling the kettle black eh?

Good bye Travis, whew, one less threat on the bill's team..yea, I'm with you guys, we don't owe him nothing...so lone sucker...You guys are trips, that guy was one heck of a football player, in all honesty, I'm glad he's not on your team. He was good.

Jan Reimers
07-19-2005, 07:34 AM
I think we all react initially to the way a departing player acts, and what he says. If he whines and complains like Travis did, or says a lot of negative things like Fat Pat, we tend to say, "Good riddance." If the player leaves with dignity, we're a little easier on him.

After a while, though, we tend to forget how a player left - like I think we have with Andre Reed and some others - and focus more on his on field accomplishments with the Bills.

The King
07-19-2005, 07:47 AM
My last memory of Travis is when he tripped and fell while running through a gaping hole against NE. Had he not fallen down, we wouldn't have seen that awful bootleg and we probably would've won that game. What have you done for me lately Travis?

Henry quit on this team twice. In the regular season in the off-season.

BillsFever21
07-19-2005, 08:33 AM
Sharing Thoughts

"The way I look at it, a lot of people were shocked. Most of the media thought we were going to pick a defensive end and we took a running back. I'm shocked like everybody else.

We still got the defensive end we were looking at when we drafted Willis. Great job, TD. :up:

Pride
07-19-2005, 08:57 AM
I can't wait to rehash this thread when McGahee gets hurt this year, and we have a nobody running the ball.

Do I hope it happens? NO! Do I think it will? Yes!

BillsFever21
07-19-2005, 09:01 AM
I can't wait to rehash this thread when McGahee gets hurt this year, and we have a nobody running the ball.

I'd rather take me chances then to keep a disgruntled backup who doesn't wanna be here. We don't need any distractions.

Bulldog
07-19-2005, 09:07 AM

Are you going to rehash this thread if Willis pops off for around 1500-1600 YDS and 15-20 TD's?

Pride
07-19-2005, 09:38 AM
I hope he does as much as the next guy... bu I am also realistic and realize that starting RB's go down every season... who's to say we arent going to be that team this year?

We keep saying "Hold out for a 2nd, some RB will go down in training camp, further upping Henry's trade value". Well what if WE are that team?

Tell me what happens if Willis blows out his knee in TC! Our season is pretty much over... At least IMO.

mysticsoto
07-19-2005, 09:46 AM
I hope he does as much as the next guy... bu I am also realistic and realize that starting RB's go down every season... who's to say we arent going to be that team this year?

We keep saying "Hold out for a 2nd, some RB will go down in training camp, further upping Henry's trade value". Well what if WE are that team?

Tell me what happens if Willis blows out his knee in TC! Our season is pretty much over... At least IMO.

We can't worry about circumstances we can't control. Travis didn't want to be here and so we let him go and tried to get something out of him. The same thing was done with Peerless...where people could have been saying, what if Moulds goes down...our season is pretty much over. The fact of the matter is, we let Drew Bledsoe go, when he didn't want to be here. The least we could do, is extend the same courtesy to Travis who played with his heart while he was with us.

Now we have to move on, close the chapter and stop with the What-ifs...