PDA

View Full Version : Some random thoughts on game 2....

OpIv37
10-13-2008, 07:10 PM
-Lalime played great and deserved the shutout, but they hung him out to dry on that breakaway. Statistically, he's no better than Thibault, and since I never saw him play, statistics were all I had for a basis. On the ice, he's MUCH better than Thibault.

-Paille is on fire. He hits, he passes, he scores- this kids gonna be good.

-Vanek looks good early in the season.

-GREAT fight. Mair, Kaleta and Rivet all showed the toughness that this team has been missing.

-What's the deal with Tallinder? He adds zero offense and just looks unmotivated out there. Last year I thought he was the best defender on the team. This year I'm not so sure.

-Lindy was messing with the lines again, even before the rash of penalties. Needless to say, it worked.

-Sekera is coming along, but he needs to calm the hell down. It's almost like he's trying too hard and overreacting. That's why he falls on the PP and takes stupid penalties. He just needs to relax and he'll be a contributor to this team.

-The first PP sucked. After that, it took off.

-If I have one complaint about this team so far, it's setting up in the offensive zone on 5 on 5. Has there been a slapshot from the point in a full strength situation yet this year? I think they're relying too much on the fast break and PP. Obviously, if they can score 7 goals a game, it won't matter. But they won't be able to do that against everyone.

-Did you see how the two Islanders went after Tallinder after the hit in the corner? It was pretty much the only thing they did right all game. That's what the Sabres failed to do when Tallinder got decked by Lupul last year. They're playing tougher so hopefully they learned their lesson.